DEVELOPMENT MAP/CONSTRUCTION CAMS/RESOURCE THREAD

MTSUBlueraider86

• 2 months later...

OK guys,

Here is the map I have been working on over the past couple of weeks. There is a ton of
stuff on here and it is still a work in progress with a lot of research still to be done. If you can
offer any help that would be very helpful especially for the purple markers
that are listed as research. I have a lot more work to do on it and the
research takes the longest because I have to find the year or approximate year built
the name of the project and a photo or image. I will add more as time goes on
including architects, number of residential units, number of floors etc. and
please feel free to email me via this page with updated information, corrected
information, photos, etc. I am not perfect and there are probably a few
mistakes on there as well.

http://www.communitywalk.com/nashville_development_/map/1558795

• Like 4

Incredible work!!  Absolutely unreal.  I can't thank you enough.  I just spent the last two hours looking at each and every pinpoint.  I can't imagine how many hours this must have taken you.  Thank you again for putting this all together.  What an amazing resource. 

I do have one question for you.  I noticed that there were two pins for Velocity in The Gulch.  One is where Velocity currently sits, and the other is directly across the street.  Are there plans for expansion there?

OK guys,

Here is the map I have been working on over the past couple of weeks. There is a ton of

stuff on here and it is still a work in progress with a lot of research still to be done. If you can

offer any help that would be very helpful especially for the purple markers

that are listed as research. I have a lot more work to do on it and the

research takes the longest because I have to find the year or approximate year built

the name of the project and a photo or image. I will add more as time goes on

including architects, number of residential units, number of floors etc. and

please feel free to email me via this page with updated information, corrected

information, photos, etc. I am not perfect and there are probably a few

mistakes on there as well.

Fantastic work, Ron.

I'll take a more in depth look at it later and see if there's anything I can help with.

*Head explodes due to information overload*

Incredible work!!  Absolutely unreal.  I can't thank you enough.  I just spent the last two hours looking at each and every pinpoint.  I can't imagine how many hours this must have taken you.  Thank you again for putting this all together.  What an amazing resource. 

I do have one question for you.  I noticed that there were two pins for Velocity in The Gulch.  One is where Velocity currently sits, and the other is directly across the street.  Are there plans for expansion there?

Thanks guys,

I need to look at Velocity. There are a few glitches in the system that are keeping me from updating a few locations but I should be able to fix that one.

Problem solved

A couple of things is that
you can look at each type of location separately by using the Legend on the far
upper right and just checking one or all. So, you can go in just look at under
construction or proposed only or any other flag type by itself.

I got confused a few times myself and I still have a lot of work to do on it.

Awesome work, Ron!  I have maybe one update to a "research" item and a few other items for your consideration:

-The update (purple) is one that you have on Woodland Street just east of 11th in 5 Points.  I'm pretty sure that you are referring to the Five Points Animal Hospital building (with other retail) that was finally built on that gravel parking lot next to the BP station.

My other items for your consideration would be:

-The Briley Parkway Home Depot/Regions Bank shopping center that was built at the SEC of Briley Parkey and Gallatin Road.  This is where the Jim Reeves Museum historic home used to be.

-The Lowes/Walmart shopping center that went in across Dickerson Road from Skyline Hospital just north of Briley Parkway.  I know that these aren't necessarily the most "urban" of developments, but they do represent significant business investment in areas that noone would touch before.

-The uber-controversial US Bank at the NEC of Gallatin Road and Broadmoor.  This one is LEED-Silver or Gold and is built to the street and all that.  It was completed within the last maybe 2 years.

-Riverside Village at the SW, SE and NE corners of Riverside Drive and McGavock.  I know that this isn't necessarily new construction, but it is a tremendous amount of renovation and reuse.  Like millions of dollars worth of work on the part of Mr. Heller.  At a minimum, this warrants one of the "neighborhood district" identifiers.  Just west of that , where Maxey Lane joins McGavock, is the site of the proposed Urban Green Lab, which is an educational institution that will be funded in part by Nissan.

-The neighborhood area at the intersection of Chapel/Eastland is basically "Walden"  although Rosepepper Cantina and Eastland Cafe have been there for going on 20 years. "Porter East" is around the corner.  The emerging commercial area just north of that at Porter/Greenwood is called Porter Crossing (Family Wash, Cafe Fundamental, Idlewild Garden Emporium, and a bunch of salons).

-Continuing up Porter Road where Porter meets Cahal (on the north side of the street) is the Eastwood Courts townhomes development (about 6 or 8 very nice townhomes) that was completed maybe in 2007.

-BRT stops on the East Side aren't in the right places.  The last that I heard, the BRT will come down Woodland to 5th, then turn left on 5th, then right on Main Street.  The stops will be 6th/Main, 9th/Main, with the last stop basically on Main b/t 10th and 11th in front of the library.   The park-and-ride area is proposed to be at East High grounds.

Some other notable renovations include:

- the former Miller's Hospital at the SWC of Eastland Gallatin that is now a bunch of restaurants and shops;

-The former HG Hill grocery store at the SEC of Gallatin/Eastland that is now a shopping center with Aldi, a Gallatin-Road-SP-compliant Regions (to the street) and a naturescaped parking area.  This one was completed maybe 5 years ago at the most.

-The very high-priced renovation/rehabilitation of Highland Heights school at 2nd/Douglas (either completed very recently or still ongoing) that is now KIPP Academy (this one cost more than the proposed Hume Fogg gym), and a proposed $20M renovation/upgrade at Stratford High School that is supposed to happen before Hume Fogg happens.

-The historic Litton Gymnasium renovation that was completed last year.  This was another multi-million-dollar renovation that was funded largely by Isaac Litton High alumni and the Inglewood Neighborhood Association.

Edited by bwithers1

One thing you guys can do is to use the comment section to add any information to an individual pin. This will be very helpful on the purple pins. This is the research catagory. I didnt realize I get emails when there are comments left. So, if you know the year a project was built or aprx. year or the name of a project, you can comment there. I am going to be working on getting photos at a slow pace and at some point will want to replace most with the photos I take.

I have been wanting to do something like this for a while and I found the right mapping app that would work best .

Hello all,

I decided to pin and close this topic for the forum. If you want to make a comment on the map, please comment under the

http://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/index.php/topic/53185-resources-thread-and-updatingcreating-nashville-wikipedia-articles/   thread. With the map here it will not get lost in all of the topics and post we have on this forum, and will be very easy to find for visitors and new forum members.

I had a ton of fun doing this project and I hope you all enjoy it as much as I did and am doing putting it together. It will be changing week by week and I may need help with the management of it at some point in the future. If you see
something new or know of something new then let me know and we can change it.

At some point I may want to include some more of the surrounding area but that is a whole new can of nasty worms that I do not have time to do yet.

Several pointers on using the map:

One)
is use the legend at the upper right hand side to pick which category or any
combination of categories you want to view.

Two)
is please use the comment section for each individual pin if there is something
that needs to be changed.

Three)
if there is a comment you wish to make for a project not on the map, please
comment under the comment section at the bottom of the page.

Four)
is you can view everything on a separate page by clicking this link http://www.communitywalk.com/map/list/1558795?order=6234813  that is at the lower left of the map.

Here is the map and please enjoy

• Like 3

• 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Hey guys, I just noticed I did not include the link to the development map on the very first post. It is there now and updated as much as I can on short notice.

http://www.communitywalk.com/nashville/tn/current_nashville_construction_/map/1690961

Again, If you all see a project that is not on there or something that needs to be changed, you can email me through Urban Planet or just let me know on this thread. I read 99% of the post on the forum but leaving the nitty gritty to Daniel and Kevin.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

http://www.nashville.gov/document/ID/48a471a1-b345-4b9a-9f63-eab9a7dac0cf/January-14-2016-Planning-Commission-staff-reports

OK, this may be confusing.. pg 93 of the downtown code under item 1 on the staff reports. On the word doc., it will read pg.37 of 225. It will be the diagram between pages 22 and 23 of the actual document.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hey folks,

I am working on a new rendition of the development map that will be linked at the top of the page. I am sure multiple people will be able to work on it and take some pressure off of me.

When I find out a little more, I will keep everyone informed.

My hope is to have all or rather most of the development from 2000 till present, listed on the map.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, smeagolsfree said:

Hey folks,

I am working on a new rendition of the development map that will be linked at the top of the page. I am sure multiple people will be able to work on it and take some pressure off of me.....

We're getting "up there", Smeags. -=:mellow:=-

Edited by rookzie