350 N. Main Street hotel.

gman430

Better than a parking lot? Yes, however, any building constructed on this site is likely to remain for at least another thirty years. We will basically eliminate a prime piece of commercial real estate within the heart of our limited downtown "highrise district". Personally, I would prefer the lot remain vacant another year or two so that a more substantial development may be considered. A few years is a tiny fraction of the next thirty years. We don't know how much the demand for such properties will increase by 2043, however, the supply will be significantly more limited without a long-term vision.

You never know, I think the hotel that sat on where the Hyatt is now was only there for about 10-15 years before it was replaced.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 months later...

The parking lot is weedy and no sign of construction that I saw.

Not sure who you're responding to but no site grading permit has been issued by the city and it's not supposed to start construction until May at the earliest.

• 1 month later...

This site is cursed. Wasn't much height though so no big loss IMO.

I find this to be a relief. There's other hotel proposals that are much more high profile and strategically placed that I would rather see built. And, this site has the potential for bigger things, not to mention it could be an inportant piece for drawing people past Beattie Pl, but the proposal had no retail.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Looks like construction is imminent. Saw equipment and workers. Still not too happy about this one. Even if they could add some retail I would be OK with it... but question would be if that part of Main could support that right now.

Didn't see any equipment or workers when I drove by today. :dontknow:

• 1 month later...

I think start of construction of this hotel is imminent. The street between ogletree and liberty buildings off beattie place was closed this morning.

It was open when I drove by around 8am this morning. :dontknow: No construction equipment or road barriers anywhere.

Archived