Bridgestone HQ 30 stories - 460' | Retail.U/C

MLBrumby

I agree about the upbeat-ness of the article. Definitely curious to see what happens here. The only issues I have with the potential placement of such a building is that it stacks the SoBro skyline along Demonbreun. I'd rather see it spread out a little, but I understand that Tony has to work with what he's got.

I agree about the upbeat-ness of the article. Definitely curious to see what happens here. The only issues I have with the potential placement of such a building is that it stacks the SoBro skyline along Demonbreun. I'd rather see it spread out a little, but I understand that Tony has to work with what he's got.

Yeah, that will be a tight little cluster if it all goes through. 

In my opinion, the most positive thing about this article isn't necessarily the announcement of a potential corporate relocation and office tower.  Instead it's that Sobro will start construction in the next 3-4 months. Don't get me wrong, the impact of a corporate relocation and new high rise would be immense in terms of the Nashville economy and skyline.  However, it's only a proposal and I'm not getting my hopes up too much.  If this article is to be believed, Sobro is now moving forward and will start soon which moves it past just "proposed."

that article was incredibly upbeat, there are basically 3 big announcements in it. 

1. the sobro should start before the end of the year

2. an international company moving its HQ to downtown, it doesnt say really if it will be a local company or a new one.  but id say it kind of implies one relocating to Nashville,  this is huge news

3. 41 floors!   will we finally break the 33 floor glass ceiling?

Perkins & Will has a pretty impressive resume', and they certainly aren't afraid to push the envelope, as evidenced by this beast they designed in Mumbai called Antilia:

Antilia-Mumbai1-e1372429746935.jpg

I'm not saying I would necessarily want that as a part of the Nashville skyline, but you have to admit it is exciting architecture.

Edited by BnaBreaker

Perkins & Will has a pretty impressive resume', and they certainly aren't afraid to push the envelope, as evidenced by this beast they designed in Mumbai called Antilia:

Antilia-Mumbai1-e1372429746935.jpg

I'm not saying I would necessarily want that as a part of the Nashville skyline, but you have to admit it is exciting architecture.

I won't call it exciting. Very different...and not in a bad way...but really the type of thing you can only get away with in certain types of cities. Not that Nashville doesn't need something to push the envelope (I think the majority of us support 505 and think that type of thing does push it quite a bit, certainly on the local end).

To me, and in that location...it doesn't have to be edgy as much as it needs to be original and unique to the area. Modern, like the MCC...but not necessarily "out there" like the tower posted above.

Hopefully the design will be something we can all (or most of us) get behind.

I wouldn't worry about the two designs shown. The first one if memory serves me is actually a private residence of a very wealthy person. That second design is for residential and too skinny for a commercial floorplan. I am interested in seeing what is proposed however.

Yeah largest private residence on earth I believe, and last I read owner hadn't moved in because feng shui was wrong.