The Westin Music City - 27 Floors/320', 452 Rooms

Paramount747

It is good to have a positive resolution on this .... glad the guy was telling the truth.

http://www.bizjourna...rgin-hotel.html

Also, regarding the question of the strike....I saw a picket line in front of the site last Saturday morning.... it did not look like steel workers ...either their families, sympathetic unions, or people hired to picket.

Edited by Guest

To be clear, this project is still very much in-progress.

It's hard to say what impact the steelworkers thing has had on it, but it certainly doesn't seem to have slowed at all. There hasn't been a day where I have not noticed workers teeming all over this site. In fact, portions of the structure are already above street level.

Once there is something noteworthy to show you, I'll be posting regular photos.  :shades:

It is good to have a positive resolution on this .... glad the guy was telling the truth.

http://www.bizjourna...rgin-hotel.html

Also, regarding the question of the strike....I saw a picket line in front of the site last Saturday morning.... it did not look like steel workers ...either their families, sympathetic unions, or people hired to picket.

You have an interesting view of the situation. David Chase is quite clearly a raging alcoholic. Would be shocked if this were his last run in with the law. I would be surprised if his father let him back in the family business.

Also, any evidence that those people were hired to picket, or just baseless speculation?

Edited by samsonh

Sorry if this has already been posted.. Found the Construction camera.. I spotted it the other day on top of the MCC.

http://oxblue.com/open/DFChase/TheWestin100Clark

Trump card...

I'll keep my fuzzy low-rez photos to myself, I guess. -_-

;)

It's not exactly as if your tail has to be tucked.  Your southerly view sets a rather dramatic tele-photo effect of the erection, with Lafayette laFAyette St. rising in the background.  From that vantage, the rise and fall of Lafayette will become missed with time.

-==-

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Other things I do instead of working... Like watching the floors stack up:

"...instead of working..."  OK, think ah got the hang of it [ha-ha-har].

(you know I know better...)  All you've gotta do is set up a time-lapsed cam in your window and leave it. -==-

Hey, have you tried Slow Hand Coffee yet - new java joint in the building at right?    I noticed it was open now.      

Not yet... I definitely need to! Was sad to see C&L close in that spot, but it's good that some of the guys from there opening up a new shop.

• Like 1