The Westin Music City - 27 Floors/320', 452 Rooms

Paramount747

Starwood Properties owns Westin.  Starwood properties is the worst company to work with.  I will never in my life stay at another Starwood owned property.

My two cents.

Worst company to work with as a guest or worst company b2b?  Are you boycotting everything under the Starwood umbrella or just certain brands?

Our forum member in the media will write about this, but he told me he spoke to an official who has seen 6 different architectural renderings. He said the contact would not tell him the amount of floors nor the amount of rooms. He then said he tried to get a nibble by saying "15 floors?" and the official said it was a possibility.

I don't look for anything too tall here. I hope I am wrong, but if the Omni is 800 rooms and 21 floors, with the first 4 floors having no sleeping rooms, just meeting rooms, then they have 800 rooms on approximately 17 floors. 

I stand by my prediction of 15-18 floors.

• 3 weeks later...

This was in the Post as well. I gave this to WW and he had a blog this morning.

http://nashvillepost.com/blogs/postbusiness/2014/5/6/westin_hotel_developer_seeks_water_line_update

And this just a few minutes ago thanks to barakat:

http://nashvillepost.com/news/2014/5/6/westin_to_rise_25_stories_be_sobros_second_tallest_building

• Like 1

Should definitely make an impact on the skyline due to the location. Isn't that plot of land a little higher than the rest of SoBro? Also maybe it won't have a flat roof and something to add a little more height. The Pinnacle is 28 stories and makes quite an impression on the skyline. Excited to see a rendering....soon I hope

I just hope the design Of,the tower is not a

Box,

I agree. The Westin here in Virginia Beach is ugly. Tall, but ugly. It's mostly pre fab concrete with some glass at the top and then a metal pyramid shaped roof with a spire. The metal of the roof reminds me of a backyard shed. I'd post a pic if I knew how.

I agree. The Westin here in Virginia Beach is ugly. Tall, but ugly. It's mostly pre fab concrete with some glass at the top and then a metal pyramid shaped roof with a spire. The metal of the roof reminds me of a backyard shed. I'd post a pic if I knew how.

I agree...it's pretty boring.  That new "downtown" Virginia Beach is pretty laughable...but at least they're making an effort, I guess.  Here is a pic of it...and all you have to do to post a pic is:  %7Boption%7Dimage URL[/ img]  :)

1241871000.jpg

Edited by BnaBreaker

I agree...it's pretty boring.  That new "downtown" Virginia Beach is pretty laughable...but at least they're making an effort, I guess.  Here is a pic of it...and all you have to do to post a pic is:  image URL[/ img]  :)

%7Boption%7D1241871000.jpg

Thanks! That's her and all her glory lol. And it's the tallest building in Virginia. They are trying to make something out of Town Center but I feel this should have been concentrated around the beach since there are high rise hotels there and it's more active. Thanks again for posting the picture BNA

Oh and I forgot to mention it is residences as well as the Westin.

• Like 1

You mean you don't think Town Center is amazing? :shades:

Much as I may deride that whole development, I will say that at least they're giving something of an effort to give Va Beach a downtown (even if they're about to build a Wal Mart right in the middle of it all).  By the way, have you seen the wailing and gnashing of teeth that some in the city leadership have taken towards the tide expansion? Apparently they don't like having those Norfolk undesirables having access to the wonders of the Beach.  Seriously...someone on the Va Beach board quoted a comment from one of the council members to that effect that was no less offensive.

You mean you don't think Town Center is amazing? :shades:

Much as I may deride that whole development, I will say that at least they're giving something of an effort to give Va Beach a downtown (even if they're about to build a Wal Mart right in the middle of it all).  By the way, have you seen the wailing and gnashing of teeth that some in the city leadership have taken towards the tide expansion? Apparently they don't like having those Norfolk undesirables having access to the wonders of the Beach.  Seriously...someone on the Va Beach board quoted a comment from one of the council members to that effect that was no less offensive.

Wow, seriously?  It's friggin' Virginia Beach, not Monte Carlo for gods sake!!  Don't want those undesirables mucking up the classy reputation of the Dennys/T-Shirt Hut/Tobacco shop combo!!  haha

Edited by BnaBreaker
  • Like 1

Starwood confirms Westin will be the flag.

Also Gethan added (at least to me) some information on the Turnberry development that will be adjacent... maybe another hotel??

"The Westin is among several hotels planned near the city's new convention hall. On adjacent property, Florida-based Turnberry Associates has plans for a $300 million project, including a hotel and 250 condo residences, on 3.7 acres it has under contract with the United Methodist Publishing House."

http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/real-estate/2014/05/07/starwood-confirms-westin-brand-new-nashville-hotel/8804535/

Edited by Guest

Starwood confirms Westin will be the flag.

Also Gethan added (at least to me) some information on the Turnberry development that will be adjacent... maybe another hotel??

"The Westin is among several hotels planned near the city's new convention hall. On adjacent property, Florida-based Turnberry Associates has plans for a $300 million project, including a hotel and 250 condo residences, on 3.7 acres it has under contract with the United Methodist Publishing House."

http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/real-estate/2014/05/07/starwood-confirms-westin-brand-new-nashville-hotel/8804535/

I thought Turnberry killed that deal earlier this year or late last year due to their expection that interest rates would rise? Am I thinking of someone else?

I thought Turnberry killed that deal earlier this year or late last year due to their expection that interest rates would rise? Am I thinking of someone else?

The previous group (Terra Verde out of TX) had the UMPH property under contract but backed out late last year.    Turnberry (Miami) picked up options on the UMPH parcels this year.     Turnberry has the chops to get something done.      

• Like 2