East Raleigh Development

InitialD

I doubt most people here would care, but since I live in the area I thought I'd share some information. I've created a development map of the area (East of Capital, North of Hwy 264, between I-440 and I-540).

Here is a map I created with all the projects I'm aware of. If there are any more you know about, please let me know and I'll add them: https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=213260549162075061166.0004d5f1a78344b985826&msa=0

The biggest active proposal is at New Bern and Raleigh Beach Rd. Project Z-6-14 seeks to build 16 multi-story apartment buildings and more than 200 townhomes, and includes the extension of Southall Road starting at the Hedingham Blvd. intersection and going to another section of Southall Road in Edgewater. It also includes the extension of Corporation Parkway which will intersect with Southall Road within the new planned development. The developer estimates that this project will provide housing for up to 1500 persons. The South side of the space would be the apartments, facing New Bern. The height will be between 3 and 5 floors. The North side of the space (joining Hedingham) would be townhomes.The apartments would rent for like $900-$1200 a month. The townhomes would sell for around $200,00.00. The apartments will have swimming pools, clubhouse, grilling patio, their own playground area, aerobics and fitness center, etc.They will build, own, and manage the apartments, but they will sell the townhouse lots to someone else to build the townhouses.

The next biggest is the Downtown Remote Operations Facility at Westinghouse:

bt4tx0h.jpg

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I knew of anything I'd ask you to update the map since your skills at making it look good far exceed mine. :) Anyway, I've been wondering when some of these street connections were going to take place. Its good the City and developers are coordinating these things. I used to work at 2728 Capital blvd (former Parker Lincoln Building) that is on the same plot of land between Raleigh Blvd and Capital and have wondered when the City would proceed and what it would look like. Thanks for the updates and assembly of info for the area. 

There is a 300 unit apartment community that looks to be almost complete at the intersection of Louisburg Rd and Spring Forest. I seem to remember hearing that there is going to be a retail development south and west of the apartments that will face Spring Forest. 

I doubt most people here would care, but since I live in the area I thought I'd share some information. I've created a development map of the area (East of Capital, North of Hwy 264, between I-440 and I-540).

Here is a map I created with all the projects I'm aware of. If there are any more you know about, please let me know and I'll add them: https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=213260549162075061166.0004d5f1a78344b985826&msa=0

The biggest active proposal is at New Bern and Raleigh Beach Rd. Project Z-6-14 seeks to build 16 multi-story apartment buildings and more than 200 townhomes, and includes the extension of Southall Road starting at the Hedingham Blvd. intersection and going to another section of Southall Road in Edgewater. It also includes the extension of Corporation Parkway which will intersect with Southall Road within the new planned development. The developer estimates that this project will provide housing for up to 1500 persons. The South side of the space would be the apartments, facing New Bern. The height will be between 3 and 5 floors. The North side of the space (joining Hedingham) would be townhomes.The apartments would rent for like $900-$1200 a month. The townhomes would sell for around $200,00.00. The apartments will have swimming pools, clubhouse, grilling patio, their own playground area, aerobics and fitness center, etc.They will build, own, and manage the apartments, but they will sell the townhouse lots to someone else to build the townhouses.

The next biggest is the Downtown Remote Operations Facility at Westinghouse:

bt4tx0h.jpg

Awesome work!  This helps me visualize that whole area much better.  Nice job and thanks for sharing!

Added the Louisburg Rd and Spring Forest apartments as well as Neuse Riverbend/Horseshoe Farm Park and Crabtree Creek Greenway construction to the Google Map. Didn't add Walnut Creek Greenway since it is complete (and shoes up in the bicycling layer of Google maps). FYI the official opening of the Walnut Creek extension to Neuse River greenway is April 8th: http://www.raleighnc.gov/home/news/content/CorNews/Articles/WalnutCreekGreenwayTrailApril8.html

How many apartments is that at Spring Forest? I just drove past it and seems like a huge number. I am not convinced getting in and out of there will be anything less than a total cluster unless it connects to the roads behind it..Elaine, Old Elizabeth or Wil-O-Dean....

It's 300 units. I haven't been able to find any info on the retail phase I heard about. I don't know if it is just retail or retail and apartments. It may not be anything more than a rumor. Either way, you are right about it being a cluster. 

It's 300 units. I haven't been able to find any info on the retail phase I heard about. I don't know if it is just retail or retail and apartments. It may not be anything more than a rumor. Either way, you are right about it being a cluster. 

The site plan I read said it was two phases; 150 unites along Louisberg Rd. and 150 unites along Spring Forest. I've updated the map based on the 2011 road plan update and removed future roads that lack a specific timeline. Speaking of Spring Forest, it looks like there are plans to extend it to Buffaloe Road, and extend a road from Buffaloe up to Perry Creek. That one is/was slated for a 2015 date but haven't seen any news on it lately.

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=213260549162075061166.0004d5f1a78344b985826&msa=0

• 1 year later...

Oh, I was wondering what that was! It's such a nice normal looking office building in a sea of mediocrity. The trash truck facility is really nice though, as far as those things go...big wash down stations and stuff...new salt barn for the winter roads....Devereux Meadows should be a meadow again before too long I hope....perhaps the City is doing that as part of the DOT bridge replacement  at Peace? Anyone know anything about the schedule for that (sorry off east Raleigh topic)

Archived