Virgin Hotel on Music Row, 15 stories, 262 rooms, music club

leggy77

Eh I don't really think this affects the project at all. This is David Chase grasping at straws trying to reclaim his life in a bizarre way. My interpretation is that his family has cut him off and he is trying to blame that on one incident, when quite clearly it is a pattern of behavior that caused that.

If the project still makes economic sense it will happen.

• Like 2

Eh I don't really think this affects the project at all. This is David Chase grasping at straws trying to reclaim his life in a bizarre way. My interpretation is that his family has cut him off and he is trying to blame that on one incident, when quite clearly it is a pattern of behavior that caused that.

If the project still makes economic sense it will happen.

Too bad this has to tarnish an exciting project like this.  

Haven't heard much on this project since they released renders earlier in the year.  Gonna be ticked if this one doesn't get out of the ground.

...and as reiterated by the chorus: Virtigo and Nashville Cliff, among other vocals...
-==-

I'll join the picket line!

I normally do not have agreement with Historic Nashville, but in this case I may be. I was not very upset about the buildings coming down for Skyhouse as they were in disrepair, but the homes razed for this project were immaculate and functional. Just with the Corinthian Lodge that was razed for an 86 foot hole off West End, this will be a criminal act IMHO if this is left as barren and the Virgin does not happen.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Seems odd to me that they can't line up enough investors…Nashville's tourism and convention biz is BOOMING and a high-end, trendy, fun, music-biz-centric hotel like this in a prime location like that would seem to be a slam dunk. If I had the resources, I would certainly back it.  I still think it's going to happen.

• Like 1

I try and not get upset anymore. Many of the projects that have been announced, rumored, proposed, just do not see the light of day. I wil say it is a super prime spot and something will be built there sooner rather than later I believe. I really didn't like the Virgin design and am not sad that that iteration will not happen.

I think condos or apartments, or maybe a true mixed use project with retail, office, and residential space, would do very well there.

• Like 1

This is certainly disappointing. It would have been amazing for Nashville to have pulled off one of the first Virgin Hotels. Hopefully something else will swiftly materialize on the site. I agree that we're seeing the loss of entirely too many historic structures for projects that either do not materialize or are of less significance than what they replace.

• Like 3