Something coming...

GRDadof3

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Zilch.

The initial RFP phone call about "our big client", "we've got renderings and walk-throughs we'll send you with the written RFP", aaaaaand crickets.

That was a couple weeks ago so who knows.  It has been a troubled location in the past so I would not be surprised if it's a no-go.  Not a huge project, but certainly of interest.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

15 major projects in the works for downtown GR:

http://woodtv.com/2015/02/23/15-major-projects-in-the-works-for-downtown-gr/

So:

MSU

Rowe

Arena Place

New Holland

Morton

River restoration

20 Fulton East?

35 S Division?

Hampton Inn?

The BOB projects?

Anything on the Westside being done by Rockford? (is that "downtown")

Maybe (HOPEFULLY) 50 Monroe?

I'm really stabbing in the dark here...though I did see the BOB project is on the March planning commission agenda.

I know this was discussed in another thread but I could not find it.  I light of the forthcoming announcement of the new restaurant opening in the D Town Market, I was reminded of the announcement a while back that Wolfgang Puck is to open a new restaurant in the Amway GP in Bentham;s spot.  Any word on that project?

I know this was discussed in another thread but I could not find it.  I light of the forthcoming announcement of the new restaurant opening in the D Town Market, I was reminded of the announcement a while back that Wolfgang Puck is to open a new restaurant in the Amway GP in Bentham;s spot.  Any word on that project?

Do those constitute major projects tho?

Articles from earlier said that Benthams would close late February.

The BOB projects?

I'm really stabbing in the dark here...though I did see the BOB project is on the March planning commission agenda.

Alabama Ave project will have cranes going when the new portion starts.

Lake Michigan Drive and Seward will be pretty major

I agree that 2015 WILL be a big year. Just wondering what the 15 project are specifically that DGRI is touting.

The BOB projects?

BTW, where did you see the March Planning Commission agenda?

So the Hilton out by the Airport is being rebranded as a Double Tree in the very near future.   Does this mean Grand Rapids is losing the Hilton brand from it's hotel portfolio, or is it going to show up elsewhere in the area?  There are currently three hotels in various stages downtown, all of them Hilton brands.  The Hampton Inn being constructed off of Michigan.  The Homewood Suites being added to the Waters building, and the Embassy Suites proposed in Monroe North.   Is there a chance the Hilton moniker could be taking one of the latter two?

GR is missing more than a few hotel brands that are common in more established cities, losing a Hilton name itself would be a small ego blow to the area. 

So the Hilton out by the Airport is being rebranded as a Double Tree in the very near future.   Does this mean Grand Rapids is losing the Hilton brand from it's hotel portfolio, or is it going to show up elsewhere in the area?  There are currently three hotels in various stages downtown, all of them Hilton brands.  The Hampton Inn being constructed off of Michigan.  The Homewood Suites being added to the Waters building, and the Embassy Suites proposed in Monroe North.   Is there a chance the Hilton moniker could be taking one of the latter two?

GR is missing more than a few hotel brands that are common in more established cities, losing a Hilton name itself would be a small ego blow to the area. 

The new hotel going up on the Beltline by WMU is going to be a Hilton Garden Inn. Cascade is also getting the area's first Drury Inn.

Wasn't there talk of putting up a high-rise residential "tower" along the river north of 196?

Yes, where the law office sits across from the Boardwalk. Haven't even seen renderings yet though.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Insiders tell me that a company has purchased or signed a lease for the Imperial Metals Building on Ionia, the one that Jack Buchanan was trying to get Founders and a "market" into way back when. Across from the Garage Bar and Grill. (Interesting that my last post in this was a Buchanan Monroe North project).

Possibly a corporate move with a couple hundred people, so the rumors go. 

The new hotel going up on the Beltline by WMU is going to be a Hilton Garden Inn. Cascade is also getting the area's first Drury Inn.

No idea if this is news or not. I drove by this site yesterday and they were cutting down trees back by the woods. I wouldn't imagine them just cutting down trees for no reason in the back of the property.

Yup nice additions with new brands to the area but almost unbelievable thats theres No regular full-service flagshsip brands.....

Hilton

Hyatt

Raddison

Marriott

Sheriton

Weston

Wyndham

Is there even a regular Holiday Inn anymore?

Archived