Something coming...

GRDadof3

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On the Beltline, they've been clearing land for the Hilton Garden Inn. So I suppose for now, the flag will still fly.

Hilton Garden is a mid tier chain catering to business travelers, it is not the same as when you stay at a Hilton itself. 

An inter-modal freight yard is in the works; and last I heard property has been acquired.  Boring to many, but it is hard to think of a bigger thing IMNSHO.  This will do a lot to make Grand Rapids an even more viable location for industry.

Hilton Garden is a mid tier chain catering to business travelers, it is not the same as when you stay at a Hilton itself. 

Went by today, the developer's sign is up now on the site now and they're staking the lot. 

Also interestingly I've noticed construction at 44th and 131 where the Value City store was torn down, and have been trying to figure out what is going in. Now it looks pretty clearly like a new hotel and retail along 44th. I never thought that site would get redeveloped, for some reason. 

I didn't think it was worthy of a new thread, just another suburban hotel project. 

Went by today, the developer's sign is up now on the site now and they're staking the lot. 

Also interestingly I've noticed construction at 44th and 131 where the Value City store was torn down, and have been trying to figure out what is going in. Now it looks pretty clearly like a new hotel and retail along 44th. I never thought that site would get redeveloped, for some reason. 

I didn't think it was worthy of a new thread, just another suburban hotel project. 

http://fox17online.com/2015/03/17/wyoming-set-to-vote-on-new-fox-powersports-complex-along-us-131/

New Fox Powersports location. This is a good deal for Wyoming - that area has been empty for a while.

http://fox17online.com/2015/03/17/wyoming-set-to-vote-on-new-fox-powersports-complex-along-us-131/

New Fox Powersports location. This is a good deal for Wyoming - that area has been empty for a while.

That's a pretty exciting development for that site. Glad to see it reused, as I go by it a couple of times a week. 

An inter-modal freight yard is in the works; and last I heard property has been acquired.  Boring to many, but it is hard to think of a bigger thing IMNSHO.  This will do a lot to make Grand Rapids an even more viable location for industry.

I don't even know what that means, but it sounds interesting. :) Where will it be located?

Joe

Archived