Link West End Aparments - River and Rhett Streets

Gville2012

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I kind of like this. A nice infill piece of property. At this pace the WestEnd won't have any open land to be developed in the next four or five years. Someone's coming out with new plans almost weekly. Its starting to remind me of a smaller version of Charlotte's SouthEnd. Which is a good neighborhood to emulate.

I kind of like this. A nice infill piece of property. At this pace the WestEnd won't have any open land to be developed in the next four or five years. Someone's coming out with new plans almost weekly. Its starting to remind me of a smaller version of Charlotte's SouthEnd. Which is a good neighborhood to emulate.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Construction to start later this month: http://www.gsabusiness.com/news/53373-construction-to-begin-on-link-apartments-west-end?rss=0

The developers will start construction with city records showing there are 923 multifamily units already under construction, 1,755 submitted for permits and another 492 planned. Citywide, those follow 1,296 multifamily units built since 2010.

Construction to start later this month: http://www.gsabusiness.com/news/53373-construction-to-begin-on-link-apartments-west-end?rss=0

The developers will start construction with city records showing there are 923 multifamily units already under construction, 1,755 submitted for permits and another 492 planned. Citywide, those follow 1,296 multifamily units built since 2010.

This is nice! I like how the density is being built downtown.

Excellent project! It's almost like we're the new Austin!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I think it was reported that construction was about a year from starting which makes the project in the doubtful category. Correct?

Not sure where you heard that. Construction is slated to start in February 2015 and be complete in Spring 2016. The developers paid over $3 million for the site. Grubb Properties has a lot of experience in this field so they have no problem getting financing. They're just waiting on permits from the city.

Not sure where you heard that. Construction is slated to start in February 2015 and be complete in Spring 2016. The developers paid over $3 million for the site. Grubb Properties has a lot of experience in this field so they have no problem getting financing. They're just waiting on permits from the city.

You beat me to it gman. Just canceling this project out of the blue wouldn't sound like something they would do.

• 1 month later...

Archived