UP Forum Meetups

2014 September Forum Meetup  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Next meet up is Thursday, July 2 at 8:00pm at Birdsong. Coming?

• Yay
    • Nay

• 4 months later...

I might be able to.  As a longtime lurker (about 11 years) i've been wanting to meet you guys for a while.  I actually have a wedding at the Mint Museum next Saturday night and will be staying at the Hilton Friday and Saturday night.  Keep me up to date and I'll let you know if I can make it. 

-Josh

8 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

I'm doubting I can do Friday anymore. I can tell you one thing. I'll be at wooden robot with friends on Saturday Night.

I'm once again out of town this weekend, which I always seem to be for these meetups. Are you going to be back over Christmas break?

Just now, HopHead said:

I'm once again out of town this weekend, which I always seem to be for these meetups. Are you going to be back over Christmas break?

Nah, I'll be in Cleveland. But I always fly back for Panthers Playoffs. Maybe we can have a Urban Planet Tailgate. 

Just now, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Nah, I'll be in Cleveland. But I always fly back for Panthers Playoffs. Maybe we can have a Urban Planet Tailgate. 

Well, I think we are all but assured that there will be at least one, if not two playoff games in Charlotte in January. Sounds like a a great idea. #KeepPounding

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

As promised. I just booked my flights to Charlotte for the Divisional Round. Anyone interested in Tailgating for the game, or getting together at one of the newly opened breweries on whatever day the panthers are not playing?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This may be semi off-topic, but couldn't find a better place to ask:

What do most of you do for a living that you're all really "in-the-know" about Charlotte projects? I'm just your friendly neighborhood banker with a passing affinity for development projects (and frequent agenda reader), but you guys all have the top shelf details on what's going on around town. I'm very jealous, but glad you all share openly here.

I'm also considering pursuing a Masters in Urban Design from UNCC, which is why I'm curious.

It may be a good idea for me to come to a meet up one of these days to discuss this more :)

Thanks guys!

Edited by The Force Sleeps
Piss-poor grammar

Our members in the know range from developers, architects, members of the media, real estate professionals, and people who have just made a lot of contacts over the years (like myself). I'm a art/marketing director in NYC, though I started off in architecture. 

I'm still hoping people would want to meet up to tailgate next week. If nothing else Im going to be at the bulldog southend opening next Saturday night, if anyone is there.

Edited by Guest

8 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Our members in the know range from developers, architects, members of the media, real estate professionals, and people who have just made a lot of contacts over the years (like myself). I'm a art/marketing director in NYC, though I started off in architecture. 

I'm still hoping people would want to meet up to tailgate next week. If nothing else Im going to be at the bulldog southend opening next Saturday night, if anyone is there.

See ya at bulldog

My Birthday is next weekend as well, big oh 31!!  To answer the question above, I use to work for a engineering company in Winston, I quit that job 3 years ago and started working as a City Planner.  I also work for my dad on the weekends at Lexington BBQ.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jtmonk said:

My Birthday is next weekend as well, big oh 31!!  To answer the question above, I use to work for a engineering company in Winston, I quit that job 3 years ago and started working as a City Planner.  I also work for my dad on the weekends at Lexington BBQ.  

Oh, yes. We went to UNCC together. I should've placed the username to the actual name easier. 

• Like 1

I basically read about everything so I can figure out how to make my hometown of CLT better to live in. I studied something unrelated in school in the years before I figured out my passion (go, Fine Arts!), but now intend on making a career in the development/planning world from my current path in property management. 

Edited by SgtCampsalot