Surrounding Counties - Cheatham, Dickson, Montgomery, Rutherford, Sumner, Wilson, Williamson, Maury, etc.

Rural King

I live on lookout... but I was taking my kid to the orthodontist who was at the (I guess it's actually) Ooltewah office on Little Debbie Pkwy on that day. Usually, we go to the location on Brainerd Rd.  Was doing a lot of driving that day.   :(   I was coming from the I-75 exit.  Collegedale/Ooltewah have grown a lot in such a short few years. 

Little Debbie Pkwy...oh if only we were so lucky. :lol:

My mother went to Southern Adventist University in Collegedale which is right next to the McKee Bakery and, no joke, took classes and was acquaintances with Little Debbie herself.  THAT'S HOW TENNESSEE I AM.  haha ;)

MLBrumby, you're definitely right...that area has seen an explosion of growth lately.  It's pretty incredible.  I bet you take your kids to Imagination Station quite a bit then, eh?  I've been there more times than I can count...probably the number one family picnic destination for my extended family in the area.  haha  Now that is a great little park and a great area, for raising kids, I'm sure.

Edited by BnaBreaker
  • Like 1

Thanks for posting farm_boy. I have really wanted to get down there and take some pictures. Looks as if we have another photographer in the group.

In the background you will notice the apartments under construction as well.

I need to get down and take a look at theBoyle project in Goose Creek too.

• 2 weeks later...

Tennessean article 

http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/real-estate/2014/04/25/heritage-ceo-franklin-apartments-happen-gone/8146627/

Basically the CEO of a health group in Franklin is threatening to move his entire office (19 doctors 75 total employees) elsewhere if the proposed Nichol Mill Lofts development is approved. He is concerned about the increased traffic. The office already tells their patients to be an extra 30 or 45 minutes early to appointment due to existing traffic. It's refreshing to see a business finally come to grips with what it means to be located in a sprawling suburban setting.

The incredible part of the article was this little gem: 

43,000 people work in Franklin but live outside the community compared to  17,500 who live in Franklin and work elsewhere. Estimates show only around 7,800 both live and work in Franklin

Smyrna, Sam Ridley - The apartments behind Colonial Place are buzzing along.  It looks like a lot of apartments and seems so prominent sitting above the shopping center.  Red Robin closed and replaced by a Lone Star Steakhouse.  The building beside the Goodwill drop off is a tire store.  It's not to bad looking.  Kroger took more space in the shopping center and tore them down and made the store larger. Academy Sports sits next to Lowes.  I think that was supposed to be part of the shopping center that was to have Penny, Belk etc.  The area beside/behind the Target end of Colonial is getting ready to build.  A lot of dirt moving.  They really could use that shopping center.  There is nothing in Southern part of Davidson and northern part of Rutherford.  You have to travel to Mt Juliet or Murfreesboro.to go to just common stores.  Probably forgetting some things here.

Building boom in M'boro from Sam Stockard at The Ledger...  

12985.jpg12984.jpg

http://www.nashvilleledger.com/editorial/Article.aspx?id=72816

From the article...  "The units are part of an uptick in multi-family housing permits approved by Murfreesboro Planning Department, which reported 553 such permits during the first two months of 2014, on the heels of 889 in 2013 and 458 in 2012 – all coming after multi-family permitting fell to zero in 2011."

Table of Multi Family units...  

Permits issued for Murfreesboro multi-family units by year

1996    1,186

2000    770

2003    148

2004    1,267

2008    896

2011    0

2012    458

2013    889

Source: Murfreesboro Planning Department

Edited by MLBrumby

Interesting. I would have thought Cool Springs would be ready for another full service hotel such as: Sheraton, Crowne Plaza or even DoubleTree by Hilton. The article says this will be the 4th Homewood Suites by Hilton in the Nashville area but there are already 4. I wonder if the Brentwood location (which the article overlooked) will close?

for some reason I want to say that corner is a Vanderbilt project and there is a project under construction on the north west, there is an office and housing project on the south east and nothing I can think of on the north east, so I would say it is wither part of the project on the south east or north east

No, that doesn't make any sense.

NW - Embry

SW - Vandy

SE - Ovation

So, Hilton must be NE where Mars was originally planned to go. I am just blowing air though. I will try to confirm

As for transportation, there are rumors about a shuttle or another trolley. There has been several shuttles in place for many years now that carry workers from Nashville proper to CS/Franklin DT

I'm just talking about something to get around CS.  There is plenty of live, work, and play there.  I haven't been to the area in awhile though.  It just seems like they are building themselves into a corner.