Lupie's Cafe

When I first moved to Charlotte 28 years ago, Lupie's was THE deal.  Any given Monday night saw a line out the door for the meatloaf special.  A friend and I were discussing the fact we hadn't been there in a while, so last Monday night, we headed over around 7:00.  It was dead.  We were one of three occupied tables.  Was this a fluke? Is it normally still busy and we hit it on an off night?  The space is pretty large.  If indeed times have gotten hard for them, it seems like they have a perfect building to reinvent themselves in. 

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Tell me more about this "new bar" across the street.  

I'm thinking it was a fluke.  Still pretty busy each time I go in and one of the few authentically funky places around.   It's hard to beat a Gee Whiz beer and a Cincinatti Chili Mac all the way after a tough day at work. 

• 3 weeks later...

Tell me more about this "new bar" across the street.  

I'm thinking it was a fluke.  Still pretty busy each time I go in and one of the few authentically funky places around.   It's hard to beat a Gee Whiz beer and a Cincinatti Chili Mac all the way after a tough day at work. 

http://www.charlotteagenda.com/17902/thirsty-beaver-owners-opening-a-new-barrestaurant-concept-on-monroe-road/

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Lupies was just the deal when I actually lived in Charlotte 20 yrs ago. I remember the loud music that sweet tea. The amount of food was ridiculous. Loved it then but I bet it's been a good 15 yrs since I was there. Thanks for taking me back in time and I gotta check it out soon.

Archived