Church St. Development

Gville2012

Another Church St. Development: 6 story -- Commercial on first floor, 5 story of condos (2 per floor) above. This is next to Zaxby's and across from South Ridge - http://sc-greenville.civicplus.com/AgendaCenter/ViewFile/Item/2253?fileID=6271

Also, the lot across from the Brio and at the tail end of South Ridge seems to have some action on it over the past few weeks. They are clearing some of the brush and the houses down Pearl on the same side of the street have all been surveyed. Anyone know if anything is going on here?

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 8 months later...
  • 2 years later...

At the corner of Church St/Pearl Ave:

https://www.eatnstor.club/

Driving by this morning, I saw the sign and thought it was just more typical boxy apartments, but apparently it's some kind of self storage/ fast food drive through combination.  I hate seeing these self storage units being put in such prominent locations.  Definitely not the type of mixed use neighborhood center envisioned in the Haynie Sirrine master plan.

51 minutes ago, sc smitty said:

Driving by this morning, I saw the sign and thought it was just more typical boxy apartments, but apparently it's some kind of self storage/ fast food drive through combination.  I hate seeing these self storage units being put in such prominent locations.  Definitely not the type of mixed use neighborhood center envisioned in the Haynie Sirrine master plan.

Is this on the North side of Pearl or the South side in front of The Brio parking lot?

The website has a countdown clock with 6 days left. Is that the time they expect to be told to get lost? That area has very restrictive zoning, they might as well look elsewhere.  

7 minutes ago, vicupstate said:

Is this on the North side of Pearl or the South side in front of The Brio parking lot?

The website has a countdown clock with 6 days left. Is that the time they expect to be told to get lost? That area has very restrictive zoning, they might as well look elsewhere.  

Looks like the site is between Southridge and Pearl Avenue on the same side of Church Street as the Brio.

And you thought Walmart got denied quick. This thing will be dead before it even goes for approval. The developer wasn’t thinking at all. 

Edited by gman430

1 hour ago, sc smitty said:

Yeah, self storage seems like a terrible idea for this area. I will say this though, it doesn't look any worse than some of the other things DRB  has approved. Cough... Scott Towers site... cough ... Aloft Hotel....

1 hour ago, distortedlogic said:

Yeah, self storage seems like a terrible idea for this area. I will say this though, it doesn't look any worse than some of the other things DRB  has approved. Cough... Scott Towers site... cough ... Aloft Hotel....

I disagree. This isn't even good by Storage building standards. 

Scott Towers is public hosuing, so you can't expect it to use high end materials or cutting edge architecture.  Plus it will be hidden from the primary street. Aloft is not great but it isn't horrible either. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/1/2019 at 11:07 AM, sc smitty said:

The sign is now gone. Lol.