Broadway Tower Yet Unamed|Mazda Property|50 Floors|500+ Feet|Rumor|Speculation|2020

Paramount747

Since ML brought this up, I thought it would be fun to speculate. I do not have much faith in this yet as we have seen dozens of proposals like the over the years, especially in the 1970's and 1980's.

However, this would be an amazing spot for such a tower, especially after 505, The Westin, The Sobro, The JW Marriott, 222 2nd Avenue, The Bridgestone, and The gulch Tower are completed.

Would this be the crowing architectural achievement for Nashville in regards to height and prestige?  Would 505 then be the third tallest building? This could prove to be interesting. Strike while the iron is hot as it is said. I don't think Nashville will be cooling down for the next five years.

If our pier cities are now Austin and Charlotte as opposed to what they used to be, Memphis, Little Rock, Jacksonville, Louisville, and Birmingham, maybe this proposal may not be too far fetched.

Discuss if you wish.

John

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I did this when the first word was out about the sale of this property. I photo shopped a rendering of one of their Austin projects onto a Google Earth view. Not as dramatic as what I usually do.

Mazda%20Tower_zpsuojqwmus.jpg

I also did a quick and dirty render of I-40 with the "Mazda Tower', Buckingham in the Gulch, The Capstar (Eakin) Bldg. and that thing on Church Street.

I40%20Mazda%20Tower_zpsbcsep5ud.jpg

Guess I better chime in here... and add a little bit more.  I mentioned I did not have any details, nor did my coworkers (there were two who sounded knowledgeable, like "oh, yeah... they've been asking about demand for office space"). And yes, this is the site to which they were referring.  I did not get any sense that it was a done deal, however, the emphasis is on residential and retail. They don't even know if the office component will be the contingency for going up to 50 stories. They aren't the geek about this that we are... but they sounded excited about the "new" "tall" etc. aspect of the deal. So as P747 notes above, this is extremely speculative.  I only mentioned it because I was sure others here had heard more about it.  

Guess I better chime in here... and add a little bit more.  I mentioned I did not have any details, nor did my coworkers (there were two who sounded knowledgeable, like "oh, yeah... they've been asking about demand for office space"). And yes, this is the site to which they were referring.  I did not get any sense that it was a done deal, however, the emphasis is on residential and retail. They don't even know if the office component will be the contingency for going up to 50 stories. They aren't the geek about this that we are... but they sounded excited about the "new" "tall" etc. aspect of the deal. So as P747 notes above, this is extremely speculative.  I only mentioned it because I was sure others here had heard more about it.  

350.png

• 3 weeks later...

Archived