NC Music Factory / Uptown Village / Deco One

Raintree21

Pretty poor indeed for its location.  At least brick and glass something like the new fire department HQ at minimum would have been much better.

I would have loved something similar to the Fire Department Building.  This is very sad.  I may twitter-attack them.

I would have loved something similar to the Fire Department Building.  This is very sad.  I may twitter-attack them.

I started a twitter attack earlier. No response. It wasn't much of an attack, *insert some sort of dorky Game of Thrones Reference here*

Hahaha they responded to me "Thanks for the comment. We'll bring 600+ jobs to Mecklenburg County by the end of 2018. We're staying. Design ideas welcome" I sent them the pic above

That's a really eloquent way of saying "F*** you".  10/10 PR from Avidexchange.

We sound like a bunch of old ladies writing letters to congress about swearing in music, haha.  I love it.  Squeaky wheel gets the grease, hopefully they make some positive changes.

• 1 month later...

Mattie's Diner's lease is up at the Music Factory at the end of September (the new AvidXchange headquarters is being built on the lot), and the owner is looking for a new location near other nightlife hubs to relocate the building or to sell it to ensure it stays open somewhere.  He is also planning another restaurant in the Music Factory.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/business/biz-columns-blogs/whats-in-store/article31393178.html

Mattie's Diner's lease is up at the Music Factory at the end of September (the new AvidXchange headquarters is being built on the lot), and the owner is looking for a new location near other nightlife hubs to relocate the building or to sell it to ensure it stays open somewhere.  He is also planning another restaurant in the Music Factory.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/business/biz-columns-blogs/whats-in-store/article31393178.html

THAT's the lot where that horrid AvidXchange building is going?? Wasting the most active available corner in the whole area? I was hoping it would be on the far side of the parking area along along the interstate exit or something. 

THAT's the lot where that horrid AvidXchange building is going?? Wasting the most active available corner in the whole area? I was hoping it would be on the far side of the parking area along along the interstate exit or something. 

I was surprised and really disappointed to find that out too.  A horrible suburban office building in the best spot for a future expansion of the Music Factory.

It sucks for NCMF, but that diner would be a huge boon to PM or Noda - or even better, one of the Wards.

Matties could be the biggest development project in Levineland ever!

As an unrelated aside I noticed that At 7th (the former Franchescas) was shut down last week.  

:(  at7th was actually decent.   Everything in First Ward suffers from being surrounded by the Levine wasteland.  Gahd it is so frustrating.  

I liked the idea of Matties, but Midnight diner executed that better.  The tables are so tight at Matties and the food never stuck in my head as worth going for.  

:(  at7th was actually decent.   Everything in First Ward suffers from being surrounded by the Levine wasteland.  Gahd it is so frustrating.  

I liked the idea of Matties, but Midnight diner executed that better.  The tables are so tight at Matties and the food never stuck in my head as worth going for.  

@7th already closed? I have to say, I went there once and had just a terrible experience. They didn't know what kind of place they wanted to be, their menu was all over the place and the food just wasn't good. But yes, everything does suffer in 1st ward because of Levine.

Lol, if they do beige when trying to connect with the Music Factory nightlife, that will be pretty hilariously terrible.   If even the freeway overpass can get color, so can new housing. 

As a 4th Ward resident, I think this is a very exciting project because it helps fill in the gaps for feeling like a safe walk to the NCMF. 

Of course it would be nice if there was more than gas stations and body shops between 11th and NCMF Blvd on Graham, but maybe that will change when they remove the interstate interchange. 

Although from the shape of the building, it should be the Woodfield Machine Gun

nc-music-factory-rendering*750xx2779-156

Edited by dubone
  • Like 1