Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art

Mith242

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So can anyone see a connection possibly between what the Walton Arts Center did for Fayetteville, possibly happening to Bentonville?

Yes, in fact I think a number of people are expecting Bentonville to benefit just as Fayetteville has. Although Dickson St I believe is a bit different than that area of Bentonville. But it still should be a big boost to that area and the city.

Good to hear from you Mith!

Thanks, I'm back from vacation now. Looks like I'll be a bit busy trying to read up on everything that has been going on. I nice change from when I was away for a while earlier this year and it only took me a few minutes to catch up. :D

My knock on Crystal Bridges is that instead of making one major arts center in Fayetteville (combined with Walton Arts Center), this leaves to separate less notable centers. A large landmark center in Fayetteville would've made more sense, IMO. I think this is another case of Benton Co working against Fayetteville and ultimately preventing urban core formation in NWA.

My knock on Crystal Bridges is that instead of making one major arts center in Fayetteville (combined with Walton Arts Center), this leaves to separate less notable centers. A large landmark center in Fayetteville would've made more sense, IMO. I think this is another case of Benton Co working against Fayetteville and ultimately preventing urban core formation in NWA.

I will agree with you on that one. Coordination between regional and city leaders must happen along with civic and respectable leaders if we ever want to have an urban core in Northwest Arkansas. We have to wake up an realize we have to work together.

I too agree with this. I think if they knew what would happen in Benton County back when they first built the Walton Art Center here in Fayetteville they might have reconsidered and built it in Benton County instead. It's nice to see what is happening in Benton County but I've wondered if this means that Fayetteville will start playing a lesser role in northwest Arkansas as a whole. Don't get me wrong Fayetteville is nice and has it's own developments. But Rogers seems to be taking center stage in that area. Overall I guess it probably just means there probably won't ever be a main urban core here in northwest Arkansas.

I too agree with this. I think if they knew what would happen in Benton County back when they first built the Walton Art Center here in Fayetteville they might have reconsidered and built it in Benton County instead. It's nice to see what is happening in Benton County but I've wondered if this means that Fayetteville will start playing a lesser role in northwest Arkansas as a whole. Don't get me wrong Fayetteville is nice and has it's own developments. But Rogers seems to be taking center stage in that area. Overall I guess it probably just means there probably won't ever be a main urban core here in northwest Arkansas.

Probably not, but I am sure that Urban cores (smaller in extent ) will for in Rogers and Fayetteville.

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like the developers of Crystal Bridges are now considering a possible trolley system running from Downtown Bentonville to the museum.

They say that traffic is a considerable problem and this would be one way to solve such problems.

That sounds like a good idea. I know even less about Bentonville than I do about Rogers. But I thought I had heard talk of them worried about having traffic problems around Crystal Bridges. Maybe they can also eventually extend the trolley system out into other areas of Bentonville and maybe even Rogers.

That sounds like a good idea. I know even less about Bentonville than I do about Rogers. But I thought I had heard talk of them worried about having traffic problems around Crystal Bridges. Maybe they can also eventually extend the trolley system out into other areas of Bentonville and maybe even Rogers.

That would be excellent.

Hopefully urban condos and more front street retail can come to downtown Bentonville. I'd say that Bentonville's downtown is probably better than Rogers and has a lot of potential. This trolley system could help more urban dwelling projects to be more centralized.

The trolley system would work well to connect with other places in Benton County like Pinnacle area, Walmart HQ, and all of the downtown areas. There's been a lot of talk about condos and such going out there.

That would be excellent.

Hopefully urban condos and more front street retail can come to downtown Bentonville. I'd say that Bentonville's downtown is probably better than Rogers and has a lot of potential. This trolley system could help more urban dwelling projects to be more centralized.

The trolley system would work well to connect with other places in Benton County like Pinnacle area, Walmart HQ, and all of the downtown areas. There's been a lot of talk about condos and such going out there.

I've heard a little about Bentonville's downtown area but not a whole lot about Rogers. Are there many old buildings there, or any way you'd like to describe it? Too bad you broke your camera, hope it wasn't a very expensive camera.

I've heard a little about Bentonville's downtown area but not a whole lot about Rogers. Are there many old buildings there, or any way you'd like to describe it? Too bad you broke your camera, hope it wasn't a very expensive camera.

Not much at all, there are a few buildings and there hasn't been a lot of updating there. My family reunion is actually at Lake Atalanta. Bentonville has a classic square but strangely enough other than the Wal-Mart museum it's kind of dead, ironically the legacy of Wal-Mart itself like thousands of other small towns. Springdale's downtown is also lacking.

Bentonville's downtown actually does have a ton of potential for investors.

Not much at all, there are a few buildings and there hasn't been a lot of updating there. My family reunion is actually at Lake Atalanta. Bentonville has a classic square but strangely enough other than the Wal-Mart museum it's kind of dead, ironically the legacy of Wal-Mart itself like thousands of other small towns. Springdale's downtown is also lacking.

Bentonville's downtown actually does have a ton of potential for investors.

Yeah I thought I'd heard Bentonville's downtown is already picking up some. Although I think it is partly from people anticipating Crystal Bridges having a big influence and helping also draw interesting into their downtown. I actually think they've tried to revitalize some of Springdale's downtown. But I don't think any of the new shops or restaurants/coffeeshops ever did very well. I think unfortunately people in Springdale want to go shop or eat somewhere nice they automatically think to look outside the city.

There's not very many "tall buildings", in Roger's Downtown. It's got one 7 story building, a maybe a dozen 3 and 4 story buildings. There are some nice mexican restaurants and stores in the downtown. There's a daisy airgun musem that's pretty nice along with a lot of old fashioned buildings. It's got potential, we just need large projects to happen in the area.

The camera wasn't too much, but I'm going to have to get a new one.

Looks like Bentonville is real serious about this trolley thing.

Now, they want to start making more transit-oriented projects like Multi-use buildings, walkable streets, bike friendly areas and such along Downtown Bentonville.

It sounds interesting. I wonder what their downtown will look like in the near future.

It sounds interesting. I wonder what their downtown will look like in the near future.

It's sounds like lots of townhomes are being developed, along with a lot of front street retail. I'd say next to Fayetteville, they have taken on the biggest interest in their downtown area.

It's sounds like lots of townhomes are being developed, along with a lot of front street retail. I'd say next to Fayetteville, they have taken on the biggest interest in their downtown area.

Perhaps there will be some competition in the future between Fayetteville and Bentonville's downtown areas in the future.

Perhaps there will be some competition in the future between Fayetteville and Bentonville's downtown areas in the future.

May'be.

I would like to see them work together, but I know it's almost impossible.

I read where on the Bentonville Downtown Master Plan 2000 where almost 80% of the plan has already been completed for what is supposed to be completed in 2020 or so.

• 4 weeks later...

They have no hired a curator for the museum. I don't have the paper at the moment and don't recall his name. He is from Maine and has won some awards up there. They apparently had people interesting in the job from New York City, Chicago, and Los Angeles. But those people also wanted to stay in those cities and they were insisting that the person had to live in this area. I really wish I had my paper at the moment so I could give the exact names. Supposedly Alice Walton has been buying more artwork for the museum in New York. But it's all speculation so far and it sounds like all the works won't be identified till the museum opens. Some of the paintings mentioned were impressive, I can't wait till it opens.

They have no hired a curator for the museum. I don't have the paper at the moment and don't recall his name. He is from Maine and has won some awards up there. They apparently had people interesting in the job from New York City, Chicago, and Los Angeles. But those people also wanted to stay in those cities and they were insisting that the person had to live in this area. I really wish I had my paper at the moment so I could give the exact names. Supposedly Alice Walton has been buying more artwork for the museum in New York. But it's all speculation so far and it sounds like all the works won't be identified till the museum opens. Some of the paintings mentioned were impressive, I can't wait till it opens.

Yeah I heard about him.

He's been the director of the William Farnsworth Art Museum in a small town in Maine of around 7,000.

Archived