Fayetteville, Arkansas

Mith242

Any updates on the Mountain Inn Project?

Or any condo projects of any sort in Fayetteville?

I haven't heard a whole lot lately. Although I was out of state for a while recently. About the only thing I've heard recently is that although I think almost all of the old Mountain Inn has been demolished there are some other nearby areas that are also being demolished and I think it's just about all done. I'm not sure when actual construction starts on the new project.

Just found out about another condo project being built in Fayetteville

The Lofts and Underwood Plaza will be an 8 story condo/mixed use building. The development will cost around $20 Million and will be right along West Dixon Street right near Underwoods Jewlery. This development will include a seperate 5 story parking garage, 72 condo units ranging from 500 to 2,600 square feet, and 2 floors of the 8 story condo tower to be used as office and retail space.

Another big condo development for you guys in Fayetteville.

That adds another to the list: Legacy Building, Barnhill Condos, Mountain Inn Project.

I'm sure there's a lot more but I can't think of any.

Good for Fayetteville!!!!!

Edited by mcheiss

Just found out about another condo project being built in Fayetteville

The Lofts and Underwood Plaza will be an 8 story condo/mixed use building. The development will cost around $20 Million and will be right along West Dixon Street right near Underwoods Jewlery. This development will include a seperate 5 story parking garage, 72 condo units ranging from 500 to 2,600 square feet, and 2 floors of the 8 story condo tower to be used as office and retail space.

Another big condo development for you guys in Fayetteville.

That adds another to the list: Legacy Building, Barnhill Condos, Mountain Inn Project.

I'm sure there's a lot more but I can't think of any.

Good for Fayetteville!!!!!

You beat me to it. I just knew you'd post this before I got off work. :D Yeah I mentioned this before but I didn't have much info at the time. I knew about it because I lost my parking space near Qdoba to this development. There's an article about it today in the Northwest Arkansas Times. It also mentioned there hasn't been a whole lot going on Dickson St west of the railroad tracks. From the rendition that they had in the paper it looks pretty nice. I've been a little puzzled though. It simply looks to big to fit into the area I've seen between Underwood's and where Qdoba is. I've been wondering since I've heard mentioned of a Qdoba at the future Nelson's Crossing, if they may be moving and tearing down the building they are currently in. As far as I know nothing else is occupying the rest of that building. They've torn down everything around Qdoba's location including behind it. Perhaps the front of the building they are using in the picture will be on that side street and not on Dickson. I guess I'll have to see if I can find out anymore info on this.

It should complement the area well and encourage more large scale projects in Fayetteville. That will add to your urban core and density.

This is true. I drove by Dickson St a little earlier. I guess there could be enough space between Underwood's and where Qdoba is. Although it still looks a bit tight for me. It looks like they might have to take out Underwood's side parking. Also drove by Nelson's Crossing, all I saw was dirt. Not much going on there yet.

This is true. I drove by Dickson St a little earlier. I guess there could be enough space between Underwood's and where Qdoba is. Although it still looks a bit tight for me. It looks like they might have to take out Underwood's side parking. Also drove by Nelson's Crossing, all I saw was dirt. Not much going on there yet.

Fayetteville's really going urban.

Fayetteville's really going urban.

I am glad to see Fayetteville starting to built up instead of just building out. But I'm curious to see how far this keeps going into the future. I know this was mentioned elsewhere but since this is a Fayetteville topic I'll just mention it here. Looks like there's still a shot of Fayetteville getting a new cheaper sewage plant. Last time the lowest bid came it at over $14 Mil more than what they had expected. But they've changed some aspects and now it looks like they can get some better bids in.

I am glad to see Fayetteville starting to built up instead of just building out. But I'm curious to see how far this keeps going into the future. I know this was mentioned elsewhere but since this is a Fayetteville topic I'll just mention it here. Looks like there's still a shot of Fayetteville getting a new cheaper sewage plant. Last time the lowest bid came it at over $14 Mil more than what they had expected. But they've changed some aspects and now it looks like they can get some better bids in.

Hopefully, sewage plants are important to growth. If you don't have the sewage capactiy, then growth will disipate.

Hopefully, sewage plants are important to growth. If you don't have the sewage capactiy, then growth will disipate.

With Fayetteville being the largest city in the area I think they were the first ones to hits limits. But I think the other northwest Arkansas cities will run into problems themselves as they continue to grow.

I know Sprindale has that problem right now.

I guess it's not too surprising. They are the second biggest city up here behind Fayetteville. They've also seem to have had some rapid growth lately in the last few years. It may not be too long before Rogers gets big enough to start having to worry about this more.

Are you guys having problems with water in Washington County.

Here in Rogers, we are in a stage 2 voluntary water restrictions due to the fact that both rogers and bentonville rely on one water pipeline. Bentonville is supposed to be building one that is twice the width I'm pretty sure, and then they are going to turn over their water usage to Rogers. But right now, it seems that this could hold back Benton County is Single Family home development. Infastructure is Key.

I've mentioned this before but I'd like to bring it back up again. I think most people that know Fayetteville, know that Dickson St and the Square area are pretty nice areas. I'd really like to see Fayetteville start improving College Ave, the main thoroughfare. Most areas aren't horrible or anything but there are some areas that I think could use some improvement. At one point a few years ago the city had looked into putting all the utilities along College Ave underground and also putting in more trees and vegetation. There was even talk of trying to cut down the number entrances and exits into all the number of restaurants and businesses along the road. But nothing has happened, I know figures from putting all the utilities underground came up and it seemed like it was in the several million dollar area. After that much of these ideas were scrapped. But I still hope that at one point something will happen to help improve College Ave. Even just certain areas would be nice. I'd like to see developments on Dickson St spread out and also move over to areas like where Dickson and College intersect. Anyone have any of their own suggestions?

Are you guys having problems with water in Washington County.

Here in Rogers, we are in a stage 2 voluntary water restrictions due to the fact that both rogers and bentonville rely on one water pipeline. Bentonville is supposed to be building one that is twice the width I'm pretty sure, and then they are going to turn over their water usage to Rogers. But right now, it seems that this could hold back Benton County is Single Family home development. Infastructure is Key.

No, that's been a Benton County problem this summer. I think the areas in Washington County had already worked on that a while back so I don't expect any problems at least in the near future with water supply. I think your area's new pipe will be ready next summer or fall.

I've mentioned this before but I'd like to bring it back up again. I think most people that know Fayetteville, know that Dickson St and the Square area are pretty nice areas. I'd really like to see Fayetteville start improving College Ave, the main thoroughfare. Most areas aren't horrible or anything but there are some areas that I think could use some improvement. At one point a few years ago the city had looked into putting all the utilities along College Ave underground and also putting in more trees and vegetation. There was even talk of trying to cut down the number entrances and exits into all the number of restaurants and businesses along the road. But nothing has happened, I know figures from putting all the utilities underground came up and it seemed like it was in the several million dollar area. After that much of these ideas were scrapped. But I still hope that at one point something will happen to help improve College Ave. Even just certain areas would be nice. I'd like to see developments on Dickson St spread out and also move over to areas like where Dickson and College intersect. Anyone have any of their own suggestions?

Did you check out that website over the Fayetteville Master Plan?

There's some good renederings of College in the Future. I could see if that area was developed a lot nicer like the square, than it would be a great place for high-rises and mid-rises.

There's some good renederings of College in the Future. I could see if that area was developed a lot nicer like the square, than it would be a great place for high-rises and mid-rises.

No, I seem to be having problems with that file. But I'll keep working on it.

It would. College needs a lot of redoing. It's getting pretty outdated and run-down now that Dickson is the main bar scene.

It would. College needs a lot of redoing. It's getting pretty outdated and run-down now that Dickson is the main bar scene.

Yeah, Dixon seems to be getting all the attention, but I believe that College has the potential to have an Urban Downtown Feel. May'be some of that condo craze will move into College like it has with the rest of Fayetteville.

Yeah I wouldn't call it an eyesore or anything just yet, but it really could use some work. Even if it were just in certain sections.

Yeah, Dixon seems to be getting all the attention, but I believe that College has the potential to have an Urban Downtown Feel. May'be some of that condo craze will move into College like it has with the rest of Fayetteville.

Some condos could be helpful along Collge Ave. But I think they'd have to plan it pretty well. You already have quite a bit of traffic going along and I think that all that traffic hurts some areas because it's simply too hard getting in and out of places.

Some condos could be helpful along Collge Ave. But I think they'd have to plan it pretty well. You already have quite a bit of traffic going along and I think that all that traffic hurts some areas because it's simply too hard getting in and out of places.

If they could work along college if a major investor like in Little Rock with Lafayetteve Building and MM Cohn, would come along College and transform the whole area.

If they could work along college if a major investor like in Little Rock with Lafayetteve Building and MM Cohn, would come along College and transform the whole area.

Very true, I'm hoping it's simply a matter of time before something like this starts happening. Fayetteville isn't undergoing the huge rapid growth that some of the cities like Rogers are going through. So it would seem to make sense to improve other areas like this.

Very true, I'm hoping it's simply a matter of time before something like this starts happening. Fayetteville isn't undergoing the huge rapid growth that some of the cities like Rogers are going through. So it would seem to make sense to improve other areas like this.

It would be very nice, and would blend in with Dixon and Such.

Looks like the UofA is proceeding with another dorm project.

The Maple Hill Residence Halls, two building complex that should cost around $50 Million.

Looks to be bigger than the new residence halls they opened up recently. Another sign that the University is planning on reaching 22,500 students by 2010.

Looks like the UofA is proceeding with another dorm project.

The Maple Hill Residence Halls, two building complex that should cost around $50 Million.

Looks to be bigger than the new residence halls they opened up recently. Another sign that the University is planning on reaching 22,500 students by 2010.

They are improving enrollment but it's not going as fast as they'd hope. I just don't see them hitting those numbers by 2010. I think they'll at least have to move it back to say something like 2015. Ironically I can't say I've heard of this project. Looking at the name makes me thing it might be on Maple St or perhaps just off Maple. Any ideas where this will be located at?

They are improving enrollment but it's not going as fast as they'd hope. I just don't see them hitting those numbers by 2010. I think they'll at least have to move it back to say something like 2015. Ironically I can't say I've heard of this project. Looking at the name makes me thing it might be on Maple St or perhaps just off Maple. Any ideas where this will be located at?

On the north side of the campus is all that I've heard.