Richmond Sports

eandslee

The VCU RAMS routed Georgia State 100 to 71 at an almost (7,144) sold-out (capacity about 7,600) Siegel Center Homecoming meet last night.

According to The Times Dispatch, "VCU hit the 20-win mark earlier than any previous Rams team. The 1977-78 squad reached 20 on Febriary 16."

There's a sort of baffling squib in today's RTD sports section. It says:

"Virginia Commonwealth University's BracketBusters game against Bradley has been scheduled for 8 p.m., Feb. 17 at the Siegel Center. The game will be televised on ESPN2.

"The Rams are 1-2 all time against Bradley (7-6 Missouri Valley, 16-9)."

That's the story in its entirety. Does it make sense?

Edited by burt

Makes perfect sense to me.. what's baffling about it?

The last sentence -- "The Rams are 1-2 all time against Bradley (7-6 Missouri Valley, 16-9.)"

I gather Missouri Valley is a school and that Bradley (a school I've never heard of) is 7-6 against them, but what does 16-9 signify?

And eventhough someone explained "Bracketbusters", I've forgotten what it means.

OH, well, don't bother. It's beyond this old brain. I don't care that much anyway. It just delights me that VCU is winning. :D

GOOOO RAMS get lots of Home Runs this year.. My friend that I went to Freeman with is playing his first year of college Baseball at VCU. So look for VCU to have another good baseball Team.. theres been several VCU Students get drafted in the MLB Draft... Last Year Harold Mozingo Drafted in the 6th round by the Kansas City Royals... in 2004 Clay Meridith got drafted by the Boston Red Sox but is now playing for the San Diego Padres... Just thought I would let you all know some on VCU's Baseball Team.

http://www.timesdispatch.com/servlet/Satel...oasPN=%21sports

The VCU RAMS did it again, drubbing GMU 63 to 49 last night in front of 7,585 fans (a sell-out) at The Siegel Center in Richmond.

The teams new manager, Anthony Grant, must be inspirational to his players.

Read the story from Bob Lipper in today's Times Dispatch above.

Went to the game last night and had a great time! I hope they keep it up so they can make March Madness!

The VCU Rams and ODU's team start their basketball face-off in about two minutes at the sold out Ted Constant Convocation Center on Hampton Blvd in Norfolk.

Goooooo RAMS! :yahoo:

PS: A note about ODU. A football coach has been named for the debut of The Monarch's next year.

Another Wilder comes to Virginia!!!

Bobby Wilder from the University of Maine will begin managing the fledgling team (first since 1940) at the large Norfolk university in the fall.

Edited by burt