Centennial Tower

eandslee

wow this thing is sure getting a lot of press coverage.... This is from Forbes and was pointed out to me by someone over on RicmondForums.com.......

Goodstein Development Unveils Plans for $175 Million Skyscraper Project in Downtown Richmond; Unparalleled Mix-Use 515,000 Square Foot Project to Change City's Skyline

"The planned Centennial Towers, to be located at the 500 block of East Main Street in the heart of the city's downtown, will be a 25 story, state of the art skyscraper and will include upscale retail space, Class-A office space, a 100 plus room boutique type hotel and 250 ultra luxury residential units in the two building towers. The cost for the project is estimated to be $175 to $200 million. The total square footage is estimated to be approximately 515,000 plus several levels of underground parking."

Read more in the link above!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It seems to grow with every new report. Maybe this publicity blitz is Goodstein's way of attracting a national tennant. Note my R/C hotel has expanded to more than 100 rooms! :lol:

Edited by burt

I saw that as well....it's been in a lot of national news stories. Probably more so than the local media. Baskervill is designing the building which is great to hear. They do a fantastic job. Wondering how much it will change in appearance as they finalize plans....hopefully it climbs to 30 floors!!!

I saw that as well....it's been in a lot of national news stories. Probably more so than the local media. Baskervill is designing the building which is great to hear. They do a fantastic job. Wondering how much it will change in appearance as they finalize plans....hopefully it climbs to 30 floors!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Why stop at 30? Gotta beat those guys in HR!!! :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

goodstein developments website has been redone recently. Their latest press release on Centennial Towers is that it will be 25 stories. I say we toss that 18-22 stories to the curb!

"The planned Centennial Towers, to be located at the 500 block of East Main Street in the heart of the city

Edited by wrldcoupe4

I just sent an e-mail

goodstein developments website has been redone recently. Their latest press release on Centennial Towers is that it will be 25 stories. I say we toss that 18-22 stories to the curb!

"The planned Centennial Towers, to be located at the 500 block of East Main Street in the heart of the city

• 3 weeks later...

I found this cool article from the Virginia News Wire that comes into my email like once a week. Looks like these towers will be about 25 stories tall (we already knew that, but I hope they get taller, just MIO). The article is a bit dated, but if you have registered at Businesswire.com you can see a multimedia presentation of the project. Just thought I'd share.

Centennial Towers Article

Edited by eandslee

haha no not yet... its actually from the link eric posted on p.6....

But seeing it larger than I've ever seen it before, I really like it... only thing is that the rendering is 22 stories, and they've been saying 25 stories for some time now....

I'm sure Baskervill will release a new one in hopefully the short term future.

hey guys.... would you rather see 2 25-30 story towers or just 1 larger tower? I'm not sure what I'd want...however, they could probably build a 50-story tower if it was just one. I dunno how I would feel about it... what do you think?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'd have to say that 1 tall tower would be better. I just think Richmond would receive some recognition for a change if there were 1 tower. Not to mention, they were wanting to make these towers an icon for Richmond...well, there's no better way to do that then to have a 50 story tower rising downtown!! Plus, there may be more competition for a Richmond icon with the possibility of the Ethyl property being sold - Centennial Towers will not be an icon if that site gets built up with a tall tower first...or second. The Centennial Towers should be named Centennial TOWER...100 floors wouldn't be bad either just to reflect its name, otherwise why call it "Centennial"?

I vote for the two towers - maybe a few stories higher. I especially like the two glass penthouses (my Ritz Carlton). However, looking at the big rendering, there's something displeasing to me about the top of the brick structure on which the glass towers rest. Maybe a shallow set-back about five floors below the basic roofline would make it more appealing to the eye.

Besides, I'm sure Goodstein has no intention of making major structural alterations in favor of a single tower.

I vote for the two towers - maybe a few stories higher.  I especially like the two glass penthouses (my Ritz Carlton).  However, looking at the big rendering, there's something displeasing to me about the top of the brick structure on which the glass towers rest.  Maybe a shallow set-back about five floors below the basic roofline would make it more appealing to the eye.

Besides, I'm sure Goodstein has no intention of making major structural alterations in favor of a single tower.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You guys know, do you not, that this structure will not occupy full block frontage on Main? Two or three buildings on Main at 5th apparently will remain.

• 3 weeks later...