Pinnacle Hills Promenade

RemusCal

According to the Benton County Building Permits, it looks like Pottery Barn is coming to the Pinnacle Hills Promenade. That is a big deal. Glad to see more upscale stores are moving into this mall. Now if just JCrew, Apple, and Cheesecake Factory would come, it would be perfect.

I think we could use an Urban Outfitters, a Ralph Lauren store (even though you can get them at Dillard's), a Puma, and this is way out of our league but a Lacoste and Sony Style would be great.

Pottery Barn makes sense... even JCrew and Cheesecake Factory makes sense and will most likely be located in NWA soon enough, but some of those others mentioned would be so out of place in "comparatively rural" Arkansas.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry if this has already been mentioned, but I couldn't find any mention of it. It looks like Harold's will be opening this November. It appears to focus in women's apparel. They apparently already have a location in Little Rock that has done well.

gse_multipart55807.jpg

Here are a couple of "Arts" events coming to the Pinnacle Hills Promenade the weekend following Labor Day

Pinnacle Hills Promenade Art Festival

A Juried Art Show & Sale featuring over 100 acclaimed artisans and exhibitors from across Arkansas and beyond takes place on the "streets" of the Pinnacle Hills Promenade on Saturday & Sunday, September 8 & 9. Visit www.pinnaclehills.info for the latest news and schedule of events. Spectator admission and parking is free. 60,000+ spectators are expected to attend.

VIP Art Bash, Artist Reception, & Taste of Rogers

September 7, 2007 * 4 pm to 9 pm

Pinnacle Hills Promenade * Rogers, Arkansas

The Art Bash & Taste of Rogers is the "official" kick-off event for the Pinnacle Hills Promenade Art Festival. Enjoy food from some of Roger's best restaurants, live music, entertainment, beverages, dancing, and special preview exhibits of art. The Pinnacle Hills Promenade Art Bash & Taste of Rogers will be held at the Pinnacle Hills Promenade on Friday, September 7th beginning at 4 pm until about 9 pm.

The Festival organizers and The Promenade are converting about 10,000 square feet of vacant office space above the Promenade's shops (above Zale's Jewelry, if you know the mall) into a re-creation of a fashionable New York City SOHO warehouse-themed art gallery.

The Art Bash & Taste of Rogers is a fund-raiser event for the Habitat for Humanity of Benton County.

The Art Bash & Taste of Rogers tickets are limited to 250 and are $75 in advance ($100 at the door, subject to availability) and are available from the Habitat of Humanity of Benton County offices, The Promenade Management offices, and on-line.

Sorry if this has already been posted:

I was walking through the Promenade the other day, and noticed abunch of suits and contractors (or something of the like) standing around one of the empty spaces in the mall. They had a blueprint on the ground that said in big letters "Motherhood Maternity" across the top.

I hope you guys are as excited as I am. ;)

www.motherhood.com

Sorry if this has already been posted:

I was walking through the Promenade the other day, and noticed abunch of suits and contractors (or something of the like) standing around one of the empty spaces in the mall. They had a blueprint on the ground that said in big letters "Motherhood Maternity" across the top.

I hope you guys are as excited as I am.

www.motherhood.com

YES! I am very excited. This is definitely needed in Benton County. I'm hoping to have a reason to shop there soon, if we are so blessed :) Very cool indeed.

WAHOOO!!! See, I knew the Pinnacle Hills Promenade would live up to all the hype that was generated a couple years ago about how it was going to be an upscale "lifestyle center" like no other! :w00t:

I found this site map on the GGP website. It shows several new things, Target and Walgreen's in the Pinnacle Hills area. I also saw where the City of Rogers approved a mass grading plan for the 31 acres that this shows Target locating on.

http://www.ggp.com/content/live/aerialpdf/...nade_aerial.pdf

I thought a Gas Station was going where the Walgreens is proposed on the map. Maybe it is now a gas station. But by the looks of what is going up right now, I don't see how it can be a Walgreens. I do believe though that one will go into that area soon enough since the hospital will be over that way. Great find. I hope the Target will be a SuperTarget, not just a regular old Target.

I thought a Gas Station was going where the Walgreens is proposed on the map. Maybe it is now a gas station. But by the looks of what is going up right now, I don't see how it can be a Walgreens. I do believe though that one will go into that area soon enough since the hospital will be over that way. Great find. I hope the Target will be a SuperTarget, not just a regular old Target.

At this point I'd be more than happy with just a "regular old Target" as I'm becoming more and more disappointed with Wal-Mart's lack of product selection and quality. I'd also like to see a Big Lots open up here as a replacement for the "old" Wal-Mart stores.

At this point I'd be more than happy with just a "regular old Target" as I'm becoming more and more disappointed with Wal-Mart's lack of product selection and quality. I'd also like to see a Big Lots open up here as a replacement for the "old" Wal-Mart stores.

Did our Big Lots close down? Or am I years behind on that one? We used to have a Big Lots, in the Frisco Station Mall, I think.

I have mixed feelings on Target. I love their stuff, but my husband gets cranky if I step foot in there. :ermm: I don't know if I want one that close; too tempting, and I happen to like being married. :D

Did our Big Lots close down? Or am I years behind on that one? We used to have a Big Lots, in the Frisco Station Mall, I think.

I have mixed feelings on Target. I love their stuff, but my husband gets cranky if I step foot in there. :ermm: I don't know if I want one that close; too tempting, and I happen to like being married. :D

The Big Lots at Frisco Station Mall has been closed for years, at least as long as I've lived in Rogers (since 2003). The only other NWA Big Lots is in Springdale.

I hope your husband will come around because I'm confident Target is coming to Rogers real soon. :D

The Big Lots at Frisco Station Mall has been closed for years, at least as long as I've lived in Rogers (since 2003). The only other NWA Big Lots is in Springdale.

I hope your husband will come around because I'm confident Target is coming to Rogers real soon. :D

Not much chance of him coming around; I think Wal-mart has actually become part of his DNA structure at this point :lol: Yeah, I know it's coming, I'll just have to be strong.

• 1 month later...

Looks like Pottery Barn and a store called Gordman's has submitted plans to the Rogers Planning office on their website. Both are going into the Promenade. It looks like slowly that the Promenade is becoming upscale. Now if we could get a few more department stores and some more high end restaurants, this would be incredible.

Looks like Pottery Barn and a store called Gordman's has submitted plans to the Rogers Planning office on their website. Both are going into the Promenade. It looks like slowly that the Promenade is becoming upscale. Now if we could get a few more department stores and some more high end restaurants, this would be incredible.

Gordman's is a clothing store that tends to offer decent brands at much lower prices than their typical retail. It's a decent store, but not upscale, at least in my opinion. There's one in Springfield. http://www.gordmans.com/

Well, at least there should be happier rich folks up here in Benton County next year. I'm just glad that the Promenade isn't as upscale as originally thought and has a few lower priced stores as well.

Today at 10am was the Grand Opening of TJ Maxx in Rogers at the Promenade. For those of you that frequent the one in Fayetteville often, I think you will welcome having another one close by, especially because it seems to be featuring better selection, newer checkouts, and wider aisles. It was definitely a mad house there this morning, and people were grabbing things (especially purses it seemed) like they were free, with the checkout line wrapping all around the inside of the store.

I had a chance to go in, fight the crowd for 10 minutes, check things out quickly, and dash out of the store deciding to return at another time when the hype dies down.

Today at 10am was the Grand Opening of TJ Maxx in Rogers at the Promenade.

Thanks, I'll have to stop by there to get some Christmas shopping done. I've only been to the one in Fayetteville a couple times in several years, but there's always good deals there on quality merchandise. My sister lives for TJ Maxx in Florida.

• 5 weeks later...

More good news...Arkansas Business reports that the Northwest Arkansas Mall is regaining revenue that it lost immediately after the opening of Pinnacle Hills.

NWA is a major metropolitan area - two malls will do well here.

That, and a lot of people from Fayetteville/southern Springdale were willing to drive to Pinnacle for the "new store effect" that often comes along with that kind of development for a while, and from what I hear, most of that has worn off. Now they shop at NWA mall, and venture to Pinnacle for a specific store now and then. Plus it's starting to get colder, and I have no doubt that NWA Mall will have a stronger christmas than the trend-predicters might have thought since Pinnacle is an outdoor mall, and supremely uncomfortable to shop at during a windy cold NWA winter.

I saw in Arkansas Business in the latest issue that General Growth, who developed the Pinnacle Hills Promenade, has purchased 30 acres of land adjacent to the Promenade Big Box store Power Center area and Belleview Road. I guess they are planning on expanding the Promenade. I believe the Promenade is almost full. That means maybe they are considering Macy's or Nordstrom?!? Or maybe more restaurant developement. I did notice that General Growth also is developing the Target Shopping Center in Rogers which will also include 6 restaurant parcels. I tell you what, Rogers just keeps getting more and more great restaurant chains. That means shortly to follow will be the independents. Those always seem to pop up after the chains saturate the market.

The Pinnacle Hills Promenade is still the premier shopping and dining venue in NWA. It will still do the most business year round and should actually do very well for holiday shopping since December weather is extremely mild in NWA, but has that extra crispness that adds a wintery feeling to holiday shopping. Who wants to be cooped up in a hot stuffy building during the holidays when the Promenade offers a more festive and wintery downtown feel to the shopping experience? Some may, but I don't know many that would. I also like the Christmas decorations at the Promenade better and the trees all lit up and Christmas music playing over the awesome sound system can't be beat.

Gas prices will keep many people in Washington County and other nearby counties from making the trip to Rogers as often as they would like the same way it keeps me from going to Fayetteville for stores like Toys-R-Us and Hastings. What makes the Promenade more of a regional shopping and dining destination is that its far from complete and it will continue to get bigger and better than anything else in NWA. The Promenade is only a year old so one cannot expect it all overnight, but there's more potential for more retail, dining and entertainment in Rogers right now than anywhere else in NWA.

I saw that:

- A Steak n shake is coming in near the Olive Garden, and;

- A Harp's supermarket, similar to the new one in north Rogers and the Har-Ber area, will be built at the end of the parkway (named for a woman but I can't remember her name) that will be the new exit they're building by the Promenade.

Archived