Pinnacle Hills Promenade

RemusCal

I so do hope that the Cheesecake Factory lands in NWA somewhere. I really don't care at this point where it goes, but its needed. Usually you see PF Changs and CHeesecake Factory paired together at the same place, so hopefully the Promenade.

On another note, anyone know what is going in the opposite side of the Promenade across the bridge on 540? I noticed dirt is being moved in that huge plot of land across from WM Neighborhood Market in Pinnacle and was curious what is going on there. Maybe it will be Promenade #2? I definitely think the area can support more retail and another mall with possibly Apple Store, Macys, Nordstrom, Cheesecake Factory, etc.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I so do hope that the Cheesecake Factory lands in NWA somewhere. I really don't care at this point where it goes, but its needed. Usually you see PF Changs and CHeesecake Factory paired together at the same place, so hopefully the Promenade.

On another note, anyone know what is going in the opposite side of the Promenade across the bridge on 540? I noticed dirt is being moved in that huge plot of land across from WM Neighborhood Market in Pinnacle and was curious what is going on there. Maybe it will be Promenade #2? I definitely think the area can support more retail and another mall with possibly Apple Store, Macys, Nordstrom, Cheesecake Factory, etc.

Nothing is being developed. Only moving dirt and cutting in streets. They were on the clock to get this work completed or they would have been forced to resubmit their drawings, etc for permits. You won't see any verticle development in that area for the foreseeable future.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for your vague info. :lol: I guess the rest of us will here more about it in the near future.

Rumor is Whole Foods. Heard plans were presented to City of Rogers some time ago.

(edit) Also still hearing chatter about Fresh Market. I guess we'll see soon enough. GGP has been tight-lipped.

That's great to hear.... Overall I'm really impressed with what's in the pipeline for this area (Cabela's, Houlihan's Restaurant, Fresh Market, Theo's, etc.). Is it safe to say that commercial real estate is on the road to recovery?

On the road to recovery, yes. But still way to many bank owned properties and pricing of land will be a constant issue for new development. Things are still dicey out there...

I am officially a happy camper!

I'm not sure how accurate this information is. While there have been rumors of a Whole Foods, all the info from people I've spoken with within their organization indicate that the deal they were pursuing has fallen through and Fresh Market opening will keep them out for a while.

Yeah, I agree. Opening a Fresh Market and a Whole Foods in the same location is a long shot.

Whole Foods tweeted to the Flyer that there has been no announcement, while they tweeted earlier that it was announced in a conference call. Seems like the Whole Foods tweeter was confused about the initial question, said "yes" thinking that the question was about a location in Texas instead of AR.

https://twitter.com/#!/WholeFoods/status/172035105265680384

But is it possible that Fresh Market would need to order 17.66 tons of concrete for their renovation of the Borders location? I have no clue. Would Heavy Construction of NWA have the wrong business name in their system?

Yeah, I agree. Opening a Fresh Market and a Whole Foods in the same location is a long shot.

Whole Foods tweeted to the Flyer that there has been no announcement, while they tweeted earlier that it was announced in a conference call. Seems like the Whole Foods tweeter was confused about the initial question, said "yes" thinking that the question was about a location in Texas instead of AR.

https://twitter.com/...035105265680384

But is it possible that Fresh Market would need to order 17.66 tons of concrete for their renovation of the Borders location? I have no clue. Would Heavy Construction of NWA have the wrong business name in their system?

I haven't seen the info on the concrete or on Heavy Construction of NWA, but I have direct knowledge of Whole Foods' interest in the market and they aren't coming right now. They are interested in the market and they have toured looking for sites in the past year. But, they are on hold and focusing on other markets, especially now that Fresh Market has established a premier location.

Sorry to be bearer of bad news. I certainly hoped the rumors of Whole Foods would be true.

They tweeted no such announcement was made, but that could just mean it's not "official" yet. Someone conjectured they were more willing to welcome them in NWA than Little Rock (I doubt that honestly, the Little Rock location is always busy and Fresh Market does a good business too. Comparably welcoming maybe, but more so?), but Whole Foods isn't willing to say that they're opening anything new in AR right now. Honestly, I don't understand why they'd want to put both in Rogers- I would think one in Rogers and one in Fayetteville (although that might be bad news for ONF) would make more sense from a population and target market perspective.

Here is Whole Foods tweet from an hour ago:

Whole Foods Market @WholeFoods

@punkinheadNWA Unfortunately we have not announced a 2nd store for Arkansas

@TheOzarkEcho No confusion. We have made no announcement of a new store in AR.

Well this whole thing is odd and interesting. It wouldn't seem like both would locate in the same area. I'm not sure if either chain would be afraid to go up against ONF or not in a city like Fayetteville. I've always wondered if ONF would ever try to open another location up in Benton County. But I think they prefer just to focus on their one location. Anyway thanks for keeping us all up to date on this.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Thought I would sum up what appears to be a lot going on at the Promenade!

Fresh Market (former Borders) --- opening 7/25

Cabelas --- probably Aug

Houlihan’s --- Aug

Maurices --- moving from Scottsdale

Hallmark (this may be a vendor office, not sure)

Marshall's/Homegoods combo store (probably near Petsmart)

Starbucks --- Near Walgreen's

Mojito's --- next to Starbucks

Panda Express (possibly in the same strip as Genghis Grill)

Anyone, feel free to add to this or correct me!

Cabelas --- probably Aug

Houlihan’s --- Aug

Panda Express will be on the lot north of and adjacent to Chuck E Cheese, along with a new retail development.

Anyone heard anything about us getting new restaurants? I would still love to see Cheesecake Factory, Maybe something like a Cantina Laredo or Chuys, and California Pizza Kitchen, McCormick and Schmicks, etc....

Chuys is making deals in Arkansas now, but haven't landed in Rogers. Look for them in Little Rock first.

Still no interest from Cheesecake Factory and I don't expect them anytime soon. Market will need to triple in size for McCormick and Schmicks.

While NWA has certainly grown and is still growing, we are still a market that has little density and are viewed as 4 cities stretched out along the interstate by national chains and retailers.

Cabelas --- probably Aug

Houlihan’s --- Aug

Look for Marshalls, Home Goods and Shoe Carnival to be located in a new development on 40th Street (which I believe is being renamed to Promenade Blvd). It is the asphalt/red dirt that was put in a few years ago as an extension of Scottsdale Center.

Archived