Pinnacle Hills Promenade

RemusCal

Chuys is making deals in Arkansas now, but haven't landed in Rogers. Look for them in Little Rock first.

Still no interest from Cheesecake Factory and I don't expect them anytime soon. Market will need to triple in size for McCormick and Schmicks.

While NWA has certainly grown and is still growing, we are still a market that has little density and are viewed as 4 cities stretched out along the interstate by national chains and retailers.

My wife will flip a lid if Chuy's opens in Little Rock. I know they recently opened in Tulsa. She grew up in Texas and it's her favorite (though we do like Cantina Laredo, which we have).

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah , I stopped in the Fresh Market as well. I guess I was expecting something like the upscale market we had for a while across 540 at Pinnacle. This was so much more. I couldn't believe the variety. Naan sliders in the freezer. Grind your own nut butters. Endless prepared food and bakery items. It really is impressive. Oh, and the produce......stellar. As the wife of a Wal-mart dude, I really shouldn't drop too much cash there....but It will be tempting.

• 1 month later...

Did anyone go to the grand opening of Cabela's??

Did anyone go to the grand opening of Cabela's??

I had a special invitation to go the day before the grand opening. It is a nice store, but I have to say I was a little disappointed. Don't get me wrong, I will be a regular, but the atmosphere of other Cabela's I have been to are much less "warehouse" and more "hunting lodge". It felt more like an Academy sporting goods store to me. Bass pro in Branson has better ambiance, and it is what I was expecting from Cabela's. I also thought that they were a little high on some of their prices. I like to fish, and they were pretty steep on a lot of stuff. My wife likes to look through the "home" section of these stores, and this department is minimal. I don't think I even saw a bird feeder, which are usually available at these stores.

I know I sound negative, but all and all, it's a big store, and a big plus for our region. I am happy to have them. LOTS of hunting stuff, I am not really into that, but I know many who are. The hunting section will keep the money flowing through there.

I had to pick something up at Target, and Cabela's had overtaken that parking lot. By the time me and my little boy got away from the wife we barely made it in the front door of Cabela's when I decided too many people mean too much time. So i went and spent my money on Roaseted Hatch Pepper Dip, and Irish Bangers at Fresh Market.

I bet Houlihans wishes they were open this weekend. Even the parking lot in front of them was full of Cabela's traffic.

• 5 weeks later...

Clarks is opening soon at the Promenade. There has been a lot of noise coming from the location where Trade Home used to be.

Starbucks is open over by Walgreens now. They have a Clover Brewer.

Constuctuion is progressing next to Chucky Cheese's.

I wonder if Houlihans is open. I used to eat there frequently in KC when i lived there.

Clarks is opening soon at the Promenade. There has been a lot of noise coming from the location where Trade Home used to be.

Starbucks is open over by Walgreens now. They have a Clover Brewer.

Constuctuion is progressing next to Chucky Cheese's.

I wonder if Houlihans is open. I used to eat there frequently in KC when i lived there.

Clarks, is that a shoe store?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know what's going across from neighborhood market and next to bob Evans?

There isn't a Bob Evans next to a Neighborhood Market...

Noticed they're scraping dirt on the lot south of Genghis Grill. Any ideas on what's going in there?

Shopping centers (strip) similar to the Genghis and Qdoba buildings.

• 2 months later...

Anyone know what shops are going to be in the shopping center south of Ghangis?

I also noticed a sign advising a Long Horn steak house was coming soon south of Bestbuy.  (check out there website... awesome menu)

Also anyone know when Dunkin Donuts will open a store in this area?  i've heard rumor of it for awhile now....

I also noticed a sign advising a Long Horn steak house was coming soon south of Bestbuy.  (check out there website... awesome menu)

Also anyone know when Dunkin Donuts will open a store in this area?  i've heard rumor of it for awhile now....

As far as Dunkin Donuts is concerned.  I had heard they were going to open stores in central Arkansas first then focus on our area.  But as far as any specific date, I haven't heard.

I am glad to see this development starting to fill in.

There does need to be more destination reasons added. My personal desire is to see a Family oriented Pool Hall in NWA. Or a fancy Sports Bar that isnt a chain or in Fayetteville.

Back to the Promenade... I think the Food Court of the Mall is an example of horrible planning. If the Food Court was centrally located up by the Jewelry stores, with dual access dining, i think the Promenade would be more of the destination. Now the only hope the Food Court would have is to integrate it into the Movie Theatre.

I am glad to see this development starting to fill in.

There does need to be more destination reasons added. My personal desire is to see a Family oriented Pool Hall in NWA. Or a fancy Sports Bar that isnt a chain or in Fayetteville.

Back to the Promenade... I think the Food Court of the Mall is an example of horrible planning. If the Food Court was centrally located up by the Jewelry stores, with dual access dining, i think the Promenade would be more of the destination. Now the only hope the Food Court would have is to integrate it into the Movie Theatre.

Plan is to do away with the food court and redevelop with traditional retail or some other use that will "work".

Dunkin is looking in NWA with same group that opened the store in Fort Smith.

Strip will have Bliss Cupcakes and Dickey's BBQ.

Is there any big development going in on the opposite side of 540 of the Promenade Mall? I think we need a "Promenade 2" with more stores/restaurants, such as Apple, Cheesecake Factory, & Macys. Thoughts/Insight anyone?

That would be great if they expand the mall to include those exclusive stores and restaurant. However, I don't think Apple won't be opening a location there. I do think Cheesecake Factory may reconsider opening a location in Arkansas since they are planning on opening a location in Knoxville, TN. It just a matter of time. I also think Macy*s would locate there sometime in the future. I heard a rumor that Jonesboro is getting one sometime in 2014 so they may open one in Rogers.

Archived