Virginia Beach Stores, Retail, and Restaurants

vdogg

I'll bite.  What's happening at Lynnhaven Mall these days?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not too terribly much is going on at the mall that I am aware of. A&M is the newest fashion retailer to locate here. Although I don't know much about them they are supposed to offer cutting edge fashions at great prices. The old Chi-Chis outside the mall is being converted into a Caberras Italian Grill. I noticed it the other day and things are progressing relatively fast. Oh, and the Lord and Taylor store is still empty but hopefully they are working on finding a new tenant. I heard once they will probably break up that space for several smaller ones.

A&M is terrible. I thought that it would be good from the media but for men its just plain terrible.

The new Express for men just opened back up. It's ok, but nothing great.

I think we need a Holister. I know we have a lot of surf shops but I still think it would do well here. AF has jumped their prices up recently. Prices upwards of 80-90 duckets for a pair of jeans. I dont mind paying that much for a pair of Seven's or something designer, but for garbage like AF is just plain ignorant. Holister resembles AF a bit, but with lower prices.

I hate going to Norfolk just to buy clothes other than the casual WRV stuff.

A&M is terrible. I thought that it would be good from the media but for men its just plain terrible.

I think we need a Holister. I know we have a lot of surf shops but I still think it would do well here. AF has jumped their prices up recently. Prices upwards of 80-90 duckets for a pair of jeans. I dont mind paying that much for a pair of Seven's or something designer, but for garbage like AF is just plain ignorant. Holister resembles AF a bit, but with lower prices.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Is the new Express store in the same location?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey watch those Norfolk hating comments, you know what we do in our city! :rofl::thumbsup: We are a little crazy in Norfolk you know :wacko:

A&M? Do you mean H&M? The store right next to the new express studio? I think it's great...of course just a matter of taste, but most of the stuff they have there appeals to me. the new express is pretty good as well, but usually too expensive..you can get just about the same level of quality next door for cheaper.

A&M?  Do you mean H&M?  The store right next to the new express studio?  I think it's great...of course just a matter of taste, but most of the stuff they have there appeals to me.  the new express is pretty good as well, but usually too expensive..you can get just about the same level of quality next door for cheaper.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't mind cheaper by any means provided the quality is there. Usually I try to buy on sale at Banana Republic but I should check out these other stores.

yes I meant H&M. sorry. i believe the H&M has a more feminine look about it the mens clothing. almost homosexual. i guess its whatever you like. i personlly dont. however i do like some of the mens express.

i dont hate norfolk. i just hate having to drive there to find decent clothing.

yes I meant H&M. sorry. i believe the H&M has a more feminine look about it the mens clothing. almost homosexual. i guess its whatever you like. i personlly dont. however i do like some of the mens express.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I was messing with you dude!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

H + M... is... very homosexual haha. Trust me. Not as bad as Abercrombie or Hollister though, although many-a-straight teen wears Hollister. :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think you pissed someone off!

• 3 weeks later...

the one in Richmond is pretty nice... it's at stony point fashion park.... would probably be a good addition to  TC

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I haven't been to Brooks Brothers in Richmnond since they were at Regency. i'd imagine the Brooks at at Stony Point is even nicer.

In any event, congrats to Virginia Beach. Any word on what else is coming to the Town Center?

I haven't been to Brooks Brothers in Richmnond since they were at Regency.  i'd imagine the Brooks at at Stony Point is even nicer.

In any event, congrats to Virginia Beach.  Any word on what else is coming to the Town Center?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Still no word yet at least on my end. Everyone is so tight-lipped about it all. I am hoping most retailers will be unique to the center. I believe the retail there is to be open by next March or so.

I went by Dick's sporting goods store today and they didn't look like they doing to well. Was talking to a sales lady and they were cutting hours back for her and didn't look to happy. She said they cut their hours back right when Galayn's was bought out by Dick's. Dick's might disappear from the TC area. That is what I hate about this area. Nothing stays here. Something pops up and a year or two later its gone. That is why I never get excited about some kind of retailer coming here. I know one thing surf shops do well here. :thumbsup:

I went by Dick's sporting goods store today and they didn't look like they doing to well. Was talking to a sales lady and they were cutting hours back for her and didn't look to happy. She said they cut their hours back right when Galayn's was bought out by Dick's. Dick's might disappear from the TC area. That is what I hate about this area. Nothing stays here. Something pops up and a year or two later its gone. That is why I never get excited about some kind of retailer coming here. I know one thing surf shops do well here. :thumbsup:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That really is too bad as that is such a nice store with the rock climbing wall and all. The bad thing is that another Dicks is only a few miles away at Lynnhaven Mall so that does not help things at all. I guess time will tell though of their fate. :unsure: