Dilworth Projects (Kenilworth, Morehead, East)

Southend

Does anyone of the Jayvee/RDF/Prodev variety (or anyone for that matter) know what is happening with the proposed 130 room boutique hotel at Cleveland and Worthington?  Hadn't really heard much out of it since the city approved it almost a year ago and I was wondering if there were any construction timelines and what the brand would turn out to be. 

Based on the room count, the location, and the fact that it is a boutique hotel I would suspect a Hotel Indigo here, but I could be wrong.

Edited by cltbwimob

^ I don't have any specific information about the hotel,  however based on the total lack of activity at the site for about a year (their was some remediation last summer) and new hotels that are in the works in Southend (Dimensional building) I am betting this is dead. Given the renderings (very 'public library colonial') I am not unhappy this appears to be dead.

Dilworth could really use another mattress store....

I, personally, never thought it would actually come to fruition and still don't. The Hotel Indigo folks (IHG) gave the green light on South End rather than uptown, but neither of the sites targeted have panned out so far. I'm hoping the site actually goes back to its original plan as condo over podium. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It looks like a new fence went up at The Dillon (corner of Morehead and Kenilworth) over the past few days.  There are also some small back-hoes on site.  I knew there has been equipment here doing utility relcoation work, so maybe this is the same equipment, but I'm pretty certain the fence is new (or rather, screening material has been added to the existing fence).

It looks like a new fence went up at The Dillon (corner of Morehead and Kenilworth) over the past few days.  There are also some small back-hoes on site.  I knew there has been equipment here doing utility relcoation work, so maybe this is the same equipment, but I'm pretty certain the fence is new (or rather, screening material has been added to the existing fence).

You are correct; the fence has gone up over the last few days and by the looks of their progress, will be done by end of today...

• 4 weeks later...

The end cap space in Kennilworth Commons (two spaces nearest East blvd) are being converted into (another) wine place. They are building a patio in the landscaped space between the parking lot and the sidewalk (its slightly elevated over the sidewalk). I guess this is a small win for walkability.

meanwhile the wine place in the former Dilworth Billiards slot appears to be stalled, there has been no movement since it was vacated.

The end cap space in Kennilworth Commons (two spaces nearest East blvd) are being converted into (another) wine place. They are building a patio in the landscaped space between the parking lot and the sidewalk (its slightly elevated over the sidewalk). I guess this is a small win for walkability.

It's going to be another location for Foxcroft Wine Co. Apparently they will also have 12 taps and 200 bottles for beer, and will have a small plate food menu, charcuterie and flatbreads and whatnot. It could be a fairly cool spot, sort of a wine-leaning version of Craft. A good fit for the area IMO. 

It's going to be another location for Foxcroft Wine Co. Apparently they will also have 12 taps and 200 bottles for beer, and will have a small plate food menu, charcuterie and flatbreads and whatnot. It could be a fairly cool spot, sort of a wine-leaning version of Craft. A good fit for the area IMO. 

If you guys have never been to Foxcroft Wine Co, you  are in for a treat if wine is your (or your spouse/date) thing.  Excellent selections of wine (bottles and glasses), no corkage on bottles $30+, solid tap selections, and good food. My wife has celiac and gets tired of all the beer joints I drag her to since her selection is limited/none. We compromise by stopping in here if are looking for some quite time with a drink. Typically Vintners is our go to place but it is not the place for a quite chat.  Foxcroft is definitely more laid back. Don't want wine? Their tap selection is always solid (although there is maybe 6 taps at the foxcroft location). Their burger is great as well. 

It briefly mentions "12,000 sqft of retail and restaurant space" at the very end of the article although doesn't specifically say what it may be. Was 12,000 the original amount of space or has that been scaled down?

18-20k was the original amount. They lost out on Fresh Market because the Dillon was delayed this far. Fresh Market is well on its way at Dilworth Crossings. 

Yes, the company that is developing it is both a a oil expoloration and real estate development company that happens to be a publically traded stock.  The decline in oil prices caused the value of the company to fall.  Some shareholders were proposing the company be split up, because the value of their real estate development was being overly impacted by people selling their stock in response to falling oil prices.  As a result, the delayed all real estate development until the decided whether or not to split the company.

Although it's still Charlotte bland, it's so much better than the train wreck that is Solis across the street.

Weren't there some financial issues with the company? It's a weird combo of oil/natural gay and real estate development.

I think I just found a name for a new product I should sell in this sentence. On a serious note, it is a shame if the the amount of retail in this project has decreased.

• Like 1

Noticed orange construction fencing (and what appears to be some excavation/demo work at the rear of the property) onn the vacant lot at Euclid and Morehead (on the I-277 side).  Any rumors out there?

Very interesting, this is one of the few properties in the area zoned for UMUD, so I'd hope it'd go high rise.