±

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Super Wal-Mart/Sam's Club at X-Rite Site

56 posts in this topic

Posted

Just as I suspected, the current X-Rite plant on 44th is being eyed for a Super Wal-Mart and Sam's Club when X-Rite moves to Kentwood. Walmart would vacate the store at Kenowa and 44th by the highway. That store cannot be that old? It's kinda like the bonehead move that Target did on 28th. "Same Great Store, Just 1 Mile Further From You!" :P

http://www.mlive.com/news/grpress/index.ss....xml&coll=6

Posted

Damn.... I hate f****** wal-mart!!!!!!!

Posted

Walmart would vacate the store at Kenowa and 44th by the highway. That store cannot be that old?

I think it's probably a visibility issue.

Posted

I think it's probably a visibility issue.

Your right about the visibility. This location has a much better traffic count then Wal-Mart

Posted

Your right about the visibility. This location has a much better traffic count then Wal-Mart

Posted

I personally can

Posted

I wont even enter a Walmart.

Posted

the only time I go into a walmart is to purchase video games if they are insanely cheap at walmart, and nowhere else.

Posted

the only time I go into a walmart is to purchase video games if they are insanely cheap at walmart, and nowhere else.

^^I can't believe this!! :lol: In the south, we LIVE at wal-mart! HAHA :D

Posted

I think Meijer has spoiled us. I have a new smiley you guys can use tn_walmart_smiley.jpg

Ruuunnnnnn!!!!

Posted

This has more truth to it then a lot of people know. After living in Georgia for two years I came to miss Meijer greatly. The Super Walmarts don't compare in quality or any other factor. There is no store in the south that is like Meijer.

Nitro

Posted

it is socially irresponsible to shop at walmart.

Posted

it is socially irresponsible to shop at walmart.

quoted for truth.

Posted

Heres what seperates the north from the south:

onion_imagearticle2910.article.jpg

(click on the image, and the link goes to source)

Posted

Heres what seperates the north from the south:

onion_imagearticle2910.article.jpg

(click on the image, and the link goes to source)

:rofl: I love the "Awful House" as my wife calls it. Your cholesterol goes up 10 points just walking in the door.

Nitro

Posted

Just as I suspected, the current X-Rite plant on 44th is being eyed for a Super Wal-Mart and Sam's Club when X-Rite moves to Kentwood. Walmart would vacate the store at Kenowa and 44th by the highway. That store cannot be that old? It's kinda like the bonehead move that Target did on 28th. "Same Great Store, Just 1 Mile Further From You!" :P

http://www.mlive.com/news/grpress/index.ss...1040.xml&coll=6

When Target moved, they upgraded their store from a regular Target to a Super Target. This is the first Super Target in Michigan, as they are testing the market.

As far as Walmart goes, being stuck in the UP I am forced to shop at Walmart. I really wich Meijers would look into expanding up here, there is a large market for another 24hr chain gorcer. Marquette people have a lot of money (compare to the rest of the UP), and I know most people cant stand Walmart.

Posted

When Target moved, they upgraded their store from a regular Target to a Super Target. This is the first Super Target in Michigan, as they are testing the market.

As far as Walmart goes, being stuck in the UP I am forced to shop at Walmart. I really wich Meijers would look into expanding up here, there is a large market for another 24hr chain gorcer. Marquette people have a lot of money (compare to the rest of the UP), and I know most people cant stand Walmart.

My wife has shopped at that Target, and she tells me it's almost exactly the same :huh: I thought that I heard they nixed the SuperTarget concept for that store??

And I don't envy you being in Marquette...

Posted

I havent been to a walmart in several years, and i plan on it staying that way :P If I have to go to one, its usually meijers or occasionally target

Posted

My wife has shopped at that Target, and she tells me it's almost exactly the same :huh: I thought that I heard they nixed the SuperTarget concept for that store??

My fiance was pretty excited about the 'Super Target' until we got there. I think you're right about them nixing it, because it's not that much different. Maybe a starbucks makes a super target? :D

Posted

My fiance was pretty excited about the 'Super Target' until we got there. I think you're right about them nixing it, because it's not that much different. Maybe a starbucks makes a super target? :D

So would that mean the Meijer at Knapp's Corner is a "Super-Meijer", since they have a Starbucks :P

Posted

All its missing is a deli/meats and produce, which they plan on adding.

Posted

So would that mean the Meijer at Knapp's Corner is a "Super-Meijer", since they have a Starbucks :P

In that case we're a Super Haworth, b/c we too have a starbucks.

Posted

I think if Meijer keeps expanding South, people down there are going to be shocked at how much nicer a job they do, especially with signage, colors, floor finishes (laminate wood floors in the abundant wine area), tile floors in the produce areas, lighting, selection, and good pricing. The only thing I don't like about Knapp's Corner is they keep experimenting with store layout, so every month things are moved around again <_<

Posted

In that case we're a Super Haworth, b/c we too have a starbucks.

And the Amway Grand is now a Super Amway Grand Hotel :rofl:

Posted

And the Amway Grand is now a Super Amway Grand Hotel :rofl:

Maybe they are going to downgrade to the first Super 8 Tower, now that they have the new JW ;)

OK, sorry. Not funny.