Simpsonville Developments

perrykat

• 2 months later...

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 months later...

Did anyone hear about the construction they are about to start in downtown Simpsonville? I caught the end of something about it on the news. If I heard right they are going to be redoing the sidewalks and going from four lanes down to two. What are they trying to do. I'm not too far from downtown and if they go through with this, traffic is going to be a nightmare. Its already bad in the morning and evening.

You need to keeop four travel lanes going through Simpsonville, or the truck traffic around the downtown area. Make the other Main Street two lanes south and SC-14/417 two lanes north, or widen South Street to four lanes and bring it over to the north side at SC-14 at the new Super Bi-Lo.

Apparently Simpsonville has some inept planning.

• 2 months later...

Since the widening of Harrison Bridge Rd. to 5 lanes does anyone have any clue as to what is gonna be of the open corner basically from 385 to almost Fairview? They started on a nice looking townhome community off of Harrison Bridge, and the new Stokes Trainor is nearing completion right off of 385 and Harr. Brdg. I heard talk of a theatre going into the open corner, and since they are widening Grandview in front of Lowes, something has to be going in soon.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if any of you guys wander over to Southside Park, but they are nearly finished with the Butler Rd. bridge. It's very wide and looks great. They are also cleaning up the area around the creek and it looks like they are making a footbridge over the creek as well. I've been riding my bike over there for 6 months and it's finally coming together. That with the waterpark and the playgrounds, tennis courts and soccer/softball fields, it's quite a park.

I don't know if any of you guys wander over to Southside Park, but they are nearly finished with the Butler Rd. bridge. It's very wide and looks great. They are also cleaning up the area around the creek and it looks like they are making a footbridge over the creek as well. I've been riding my bike over there for 6 months and it's finally coming together. That with the waterpark and the playgrounds, tennis courts and soccer/softball fields, it's quite a park.

Where is this Butler Road Bridge? I know that Baldwin Road has been closed for work near the park.

• 1 month later...

Does any one have any info on a proposed subdivision going in Simpsonville. Its off of Harrison Bridge Rd. on the corner of Hipps and Neeley Ferry Rd. My in laws live in a development across from this one and they are concerned about what type of property is going in. They were ok when Verdmont was (is) being built but there is no way the roads can handle the traffic of a new home site with 225 proposed homes. I looked on greenvilleplanning.com but there is not too much info on this development. They knew when they built, the cow fields around them were not gonna be there that long.

I am going to tell you something that will disgust you. Unfortunately, a 30% increase in value means that the property's value has only kept pace with the rate of inflation over the same time period.

If it were a $100K house in 1994, then the same house would be worth approx $135K to keep up with inflation. If the same $100K was invested in 1994 and returned only 5% per year, then it would be aprrox $189K today.

There is apparently a new hotel and restaurant (no idea what) going in at 385 and Georgia Road (on the left before the bridge if you are heading towards Colombia). The sign has been up for a while, and they just cleared some trees last week. It is off of Kemet Way.

If anyone has details on what this may be I'm curious to know.

I am going to tell you something that will disgust you. Unfortunately, a 30% increase in value means that the property's value has only kept pace with the rate of inflation over the same time period.

If it were a $100K house in 1994, then the same house would be worth approx $135K to keep up with inflation. If the same $100K was invested in 1994 and returned only 5% per year, then it would be aprrox $189K today.

Shows you what I know about real estate! :lol:

"What did the sign say? Did it list a developer of anything? "

The sign does not say much, just that hotel, resturant and retail available.

Directly across from this on the other side of 385, I'm not sure what the building was once before, but they are taking their time tearing it down. Looks like it used to be an old factory of something. Most demolitions they get right down to it and level a building but on this one they are tearing down a little bit at a time and hauling it away. I look at it everyday and wonder if they are just making it smaller and doing a remodel. I'm glad to see this part of Simpsonville getting some attention. Now if someone would just buy the old Ingles property and get rid of the eye sore.

There is apparently a new hotel and restaurant (no idea what) going in at 385 and Georgia Road (on the left before the bridge if you are heading towards Colombia). The sign has been up for a while, and they just cleared some trees last week. It is off of Kemet Way.

If anyone has details on what this may be I'm curious to know.

The name is Georgia Road Commons. Not sure of the developer.

• 2 months later...

Another business is being added along Fairview Rd..... Sonic! I stopped by the post office the other night and as I was pulling out I noticed it. Its going up between Home Depot and Bi-Lo in front of the storage units. I'm happy, now I can get a good drink without having to drive all over Greenville. :D

• 2 weeks later...

I was at Stokes Trainor this weekend waiting on my papers to get done, I asked the salesman if anything is going up around them. He was telling me that next to them someone is wanting to buy the property to build some kind of pool store. Then he proceded to tell me hes not sure how much frontage the hotel behind them is gonna take up. :huh: I didnt know there was one planning to go in there. I'm guessing the entrance is gonna be from Grandview. Now if they would just develop the big empty field across the street and put a movie theatre in there. :D

Archived