Pictures of Shreveport

NCB

Those are some great shots. I hope you are able to get a chance to take some pics from one of the buildings there.

I do too. The guy I know who is the head of maintenance for one of the downtown buildings actually owes me a favor. I just referred my excellent lawn guy to him. :)

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A few more photos that aren't mine but are good shots of downtown buildings... again, courtesy of the photographers at The City of Shreveport website.

The Strand Theater

This place is a real gem, no doubt

DSCF0372_jpg.jpg

Close-up of the Strand Theater

WOW, look at that detail!

DSCF0374_jpg.jpg

City Hall (aka Government Plaza)

DSCF0487_jpg.jpg

Holy Trinity Church

DSCF0451_jpg.jpg

Another view of Holy Trinity Church

DSCF0483_jpg.jpg

Early 1900's buildings along Texas Avenue

DSCF0773_jpg.jpg

Intersection of Texas Avenue and Louisiana Avenue!

IMG_6317_jpg.jpg

Federal Courthouse

DSCF0052_jpg.jpg

Scottish Rite Cathedral

DSCF0545_jpg.jpg

Inside the Scottish Rite Cathedral (WOW!!)

IMG_6947.jpg

More inside the Scottish Rite Cathedral

IMG_6983.jpg

B'Nai Zion Jewish Temple

DSCF0537_jpg.jpg

Downtown streetscape

The small building in the foreground is Barksdale Federal Credit Union's downtown branch

DSCF0360_jpg.jpg

Dense cluster of highrise office buildings

IMG_6282_jpg.jpg

More density

IMG_6280_jpg.jpg

One final density photo

IMG_6288_jpg.jpg

Old Central Fire Station

The SFD stopped using this building in '04 or '05 when they built a new "Central" just north of the CBD

DSCF0369_jpg.jpg

Row of old homes near downtown

This is a different view of the homes I posted a few days ago

DSCF0945_jpg.jpg

Caddo Parish Courthouse (the talller of the two buildings)

This building was also the temporary Louisiana State Capitol during the Civil War

DSCF0420_jpg.jpg

Multicultural Center of the South

IMG_6837_jpg.jpg

Wow, where do I begin ? Really great shots ! It feels like I just got a tour of Shreveport ! I like the blend of old and new. I really like both Courthouses and the Strand Theatre. The density in the Skyline pics, and above the river. The Red River District at night looks really cool too !

Brian's SBC Tour Service is now accepting customers. ;) Just kidding... but if any of you guys ever do want a real tour of this area, holla at a brotha next time you're around this way and I'll show you the area.

Those were all photos of just the downtown area, and I truly know this city better than most people I know. And to think, most of my life Shreveport was just the bigger city across the river that I rarely got to visit unless we were going to grandma's house. When I started my current job in south Shreveport 7 years ago, that was truly the first time I'd ever been in that part of the city and it opened up a whole new world for me. It got me interested in exploring this area more, which is something I still enjoy doing. And any time I can find new photos of the area on the internet it's awesome, but these are quite the find! I was so happy when I stumbled across them and I wish I could meet the photographers personally. Obviously some of them have been allowed access to certain buildings most people wouldn't be able to access.

Thanks for the nice words, guys. We're all proud of our home cities and threads like this are a great way to show them off to people who otherwise may never see them.

Brian's SBC Tour Service is now accepting customers. ;) Just kidding... but if any of you guys ever do want a real tour of this area, holla at a brotha next time you're around this way and I'll show you the area.

Those were all photos of just the downtown area, and I truly know this city better than most people I know. And to think, most of my life Shreveport was just the bigger city across the river that I rarely got to visit unless we were going to grandma's house. When I started my current job in south Shreveport 7 years ago, that was truly the first time I'd ever been in that part of the city and it opened up a whole new world for me. It got me interested in exploring this area more, which is something I still enjoy doing. And any time I can find new photos of the area on the internet it's awesome, but these are quite the find! I was so happy when I stumbled across them and I wish I could meet the photographers personally. Obviously some of them have been allowed access to certain buildings most people wouldn't be able to access.

...and threads like this are a great way to show them off to people who otherwise may never see them.

You've gotta love the internet! :D

• 2 weeks later...

A great shot of the Shreveport skyline taken from near the I-49/I-20 interchange. :D

Shreveport_Night.jpg

Did you take this pic. If so then you should sell it to the city to make it into a postcard because that is one awesome picture.

Did you take this pic. If so then you should sell it to the city to make it into a postcard because that is one awesome picture.

Not to answer for Nate, but I believe he found that image at Wikipedia. It might, in fact, already be a postcard image to be honest. I've seen so many images of Shreveport on postcards that I can't recall all of them, but I do know that is a very familiar image to me.

Not to answer for Nate, but I believe he found that image at Wikipedia. It might, in fact, already be a postcard image to be honest. I've seen so many images of Shreveport on postcards that I can't recall all of them, but I do know that is a very familiar image to me.

Yea, I found that on Wikipedia. Sorry about not putting the source, just forgot. :whistling:

Well lookie here...Brians back! ;)

Yes, dat be me. I'm back. Vacation was nice, but they're never long enough. This is the first time in a few years that I've taken less than a full week for my Arkansas vacation. I fished a lot, both on the pier and from the party barge, drank a little, bowled a lot, took in the sights as I always do, and entertained my mother-in-law and her husband. Good times... yeah, good times.

But it's back to reailty now, which will be obvious at 6:00 tomorrow morning when I will not want to roll out of the bed but will be forced to by my wife, only to go to the office and try to play catch-up from missing two days of work. But I know it will be much better than when I miss a full week. That's when it's really bad.

All in all, though, it's nice just to be back in my own home and to have my dog back!! :D

• 3 weeks later...

If you visit this website, the banner image on the main page is absolutely breathtaking. I see this same banner all the time on a bench at a southeast Shreveport bus stop. I wish I had the original photo this banner was made from!! I can tell it was likely taken from atop the VA Medical Center at dusk. Very nice. I want it!! :)

http://www.homesoflouisiana.com

If you visit this website, the banner image on the main page is absolutely breathtaking. I see this same banner all the time on a bench at a southeast Shreveport bus stop. I wish I had the original photo this banner was made from!! I can tell it was likely taken from atop the VA Medical Center at dusk. Very nice. I want it!! :)

http://www.homesoflouisiana.com

That's an incredible view of the skyline! The city looks beautiful... and impressive. I found a website with links to several photos of Shreveport/Bossier:

http://www.ci.shreveport.la.us/pictures/index.htm

Enjoy!

That's an incredible view of the skyline! The city looks beautiful... and impressive. I found a website with links to several photos of Shreveport/Bossier:

http://www.ci.shreveport.la.us/pictures/index.htm

Enjoy!

Oh yeah, I know that page. I have it saved in my Favorites. :) But thanks for sharing anyway.

The image in the banners for that particular real estate company is VERY impressive and I'd love to get my hands on it. Otherwise, I wish I could gain rooftop access to the VA medical center and I wish I were better at nighttime photography.

Archived