Central City, KY Part III (Finale)

Lexy

THis is it for Central City. I am heading out of town after a quick detour to the southwest sid eof town werhe the Wal-Mart Supercenter is and all the shopping is at. Thanks a milllion for visiting the parts and I hope this has opened your eyes to a never before seen part of Kentucky!

Heading south toward the parkway.

Picture639.jpg

Oh yeah!

Picture640.jpg

Too much Turkey, me not hungry now. LOL!!

Picture641.jpg

The old Wal-Mart shopping Center is full with these stores.

Picture642.jpg

Full shot. With a TSC, Peebles department store, Save-A-Lot, Autozone, Rent-Way, Factory Connection, and Mexican Restaurant, and Radioshack.

Picture643.jpg

National Guard Armory.

Picture648.jpg

Heading south, you can turn left in Drakesboro(about 4 miles south of town) and you see what Muhlenberg County is known for.

Reed Minerals builds roofing shigles for construction use. Sorry for the size of the next few pics.

Picture655.jpg

The former strip mine land now reclaimed back to nature.

Picture658.jpg

Top the hill and this is what you see......

Picture659.jpg

TVA Paradise Fossil Plant is the second largest coalfired power plant in the world with three units. It is also the second largest fossil plant in the TVA behind Cumberland Power Plant south of Clarksvill, TN.

Picture660.jpg

This plant is a lifeblood for the county and the coal industry in Western Kentucky/Southern Indiana.

Picture663.jpg

A new scrubber is going up on unit 3.

Picture662.jpg

The massive Unit 3 Boiler house and scrubber housing. This is the second largest coal fired steam unit in the world! Nashville, your electricity comes from this plant you see.

Picture665.jpg

Close up.

Picture666.jpg

The three units from left to right. Unit 1, 2, and 3.

Picture668.jpg

A parting shot from TVA, Central City, and Muhlenberg County, KY.

Picture667.jpg

Thanks for visiting again!

Don and Phil Everly thanks you.

everly1.jpg

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived