Shackleford Crossings

From what I hear. I'm not sure if the entire Dunlaps company is going out, but I was told for sure that the Cohn's portion is going out. A major vendor of Cohn's told me last weekend. The University location is on a month-to-month lease and is liquidating as we speak.

Wow. We all knew it was coming, but what a sad, sad end to what was once a great store. It wasn't too long ago that it was pretty much considered nicer than Dillard's, and not long before that, it was expected it would grow as such with stores in Memphis, Tulsa, etc.

• 1 month later...

I was at Penney's this week. No returns on most of their stuff and the checker told me they'd already started their final clearance. He said they'll close in September and reopen at Shackleford in first week of Oct.

It's hard to imagine Shackleford Crossing and particularly Shackleford Rd will be finished by then but that would be nice.

• 2 weeks later...

I was searching on Monster.com on the restaurant page to see if any new stores caught my eye and I noticed that Carrabba's Italian Grill, Logan's Roadhouse, and Copeland's were advertising openings in LR. The Copeland's page specifically mentioned their new restaurant at Shackleford Crossing. It looks like at least these three can be confirmed since they are advertising for employment.

I was searching on Monster.com on the restaurant page to see if any new stores caught my eye and I noticed that Carrabba's Italian Grill, Logan's Roadhouse, and Copeland's were advertising openings in LR. The Copeland's page specifically mentioned their new restaurant at Shackleford Crossing. It looks like at least these three can be confirmed since they are advertising for employment.

Nice find.

Great to hear about the restaurants...Copeland's specifically. I had heard that the investment group of the location in Rogers purchased rights for LR and Memphis as well, and expected this soon. It's no Pappadeaux's, but it'll do!

Great to hear about the restaurants...Copeland's specifically. I had heard that the investment group of the location in Rogers purchased rights for LR and Memphis as well, and expected this soon. It's no Pappadeaux's, but it'll do!

Speaking of, I noticed there's a Pappadeaux's in Albequerque, so they do put them in outside of Texas. Could LR eventually get one? Damn, I hope so. It would put a hurtin' on Cajun's, though.

From an article on Fox 16's website regarding confirmed tenants: Wal Mart, JC Penny, Babies R Us, AT&T, Alltel, Rack Room Shoes, Cracker Barrel, Copelands, Fu Weng, Panda Express, Haverty's Furniture. Unconfirmed but mentioned: Kirklands, UTLA Cosmetics.

I find it interesting that Haverty's was mentioned as confirmed. I wonder what will happen with their prime location on Shacleford across from PF Changs?

Overall I am not that impressed with the tenants listed so far. I am hoping that some stores that will be new to the market will surface. Copeland's is the only thing listed that I will see myself visiting.

From an article on Fox 16's website regarding confirmed tenants: Wal Mart, JC Penny, Babies R Us, AT&T, Alltel, Rack Room Shoes, Cracker Barrel, Copelands, Fu Weng, Panda Express, Haverty's Furniture. Unconfirmed but mentioned: Kirklands, UTLA Cosmetics.

I find it interesting that Haverty's was mentioned as confirmed. I wonder what will happen with their prime location on Shacleford across from PF Changs?

Overall I am not that impressed with the tenants listed so far. I am hoping that some stores that will be new to the market will surface. Copeland's is the only thing listed that I will see myself visiting.

A lady that works there told me that Haverty's would be closing across from PF Changs.

A lady that works there told me that Haverty's would be closing across from PF Changs.

Why on earth would Haverty's feel they should move. I would bet their current location is much more accessible than the new shopping center...I guess they're hoping for increased traffic associated with other retailers.

This new shopping center sounds a little disappointing. It seems subpar for what I thought it would be. Why can an IKEA, Crate and Barrel, Dave & Busters, Marshalls, DSW Shoes, etc. come in and make it more upscale? It seems that shopping centers get built and the same tenants just shuffle around again. It always seems to happen in Arkansas. Even the promenade was suppose to be more upscale in Rogers, but has most of the same tenants as the NWA mall. I am waiting for a developer to build something nice and new with new tenants to the state of Arkansas. If I had the money to build it, I would!

This new shopping center sounds a little disappointing. It seems subpar for what I thought it would be. Why can an IKEA, Crate and Barrel, Dave & Busters, Marshalls, DSW Shoes, etc. come in and make it more upscale? It seems that shopping centers get built and the same tenants just shuffle around again. It always seems to happen in Arkansas. Even the promenade was suppose to be more upscale in Rogers, but has most of the same tenants as the NWA mall. I am waiting for a developer to build something nice and new with new tenants to the state of Arkansas. If I had the money to build it, I would!

Midtowne with Pottery Barn, Williams Sonoma, Black House White Market, Ann Taylor Loft, Pei Wei and the eventual opening of the Container Store is a recent shopping center that brought new retailers to the market. The Promenade Chenal will also bring in new tenants such as Coach, Apple Store, DSW if what we have heard is true and an IMAX theater that shows first run movies not just educational films.

When a Super WalMart and JC Penny were announced to be a couple of the main tenants of Shackleford Crossing I wasn't expecting anything upscale going into the development. Not saying that there is nothing wrong with WalMart and JCPenny (I shop at both), but they are not upscale. The only new tenant will be Babies R Us and a few restaurants that aren't currently in the market.

Unfornunately Little Rock is too small for IKEA, Crate and Barrel and Dave & Busters.

Why on earth would Haverty's feel they should move. I would bet their current location is much more accessible than the new shopping center...I guess they're hoping for increased traffic associated with other retailers.

I can think of a couple of reasons. One would be that they want a significantly larger store. The other would be that they are worried about accessibility to traffic once the I-630/I-430 interchange construction traffic issues start. I know another business located there that moved to Hwy 10 for that very reason.

Still, their current store and location do seem fine, I found that a bit surprising as well.

I'll agree that JCPenney in its current Little Rock location doesn't convey an upscale sensibility. But from many retail industry reports, JCPenney as a company has steadily improved its brand in recent years, and some noteworthy arrangements with designers have made the chain a bit more upmarket that it once was. Even their new television ads are more image- and concept-oriented than product-specific. I'm interested to see how the new store location at Shackleford Crossing reflects these changes.

As for Wal-Mart's supercenter in the area, I don't necessarily look for something in the same mode as the Chenal store, but somewhat more polished than the McCain store. Also, value seems to be the emphasis in Wal-Mart's marketing these days, more than simply offering the lowest price

As for Wal-Mart's supercenter in the area, I don't necessarily look for something in the same mode as the Chenal store, but somewhat more polished than the McCain store.

I should hope. Pat Hays was so happy to be stealing Wally-World from Sherwood that they let Wal-Mart build the most low-rent store possible.