Richmond off-topic postings

Cotuit

If you will check out a posting regarding city densities in the Southeast segment of the Skycraper website, you'll see that Richmond is topped only by Atlanta and Miami in the southeast for population within 1 mile of its center - something like 32,000.  Norfolk, I believe, has something like 19,000 in that category, while your favorite city Charlotte (LOL) lags far behind.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

But overall norfolk has more people per sq mile than Richmond. It has more people per sq. mile than indy, kc and some others.

Also, 1/4 of the land is the world's largest naval installation too!! The city would drool to have that land.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's kind of good though because the lack of land is whats driving our current urbanization trend. I fear if all that land were to open up at once people would just start breathing easy and going back to old ways.

I wish we could entice Brent over here.  He's got brains and balls!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well I'm glad we now have you over here as well. For a while it was mostly me talking to myself with Eric helping out when he could. The more the merrier and I agree that Brent has some balls judging by some of his comments over on RCW

Well I'm glad we now have you over here as well. For a while it was mostly me talking to myself with Eric helping out when he could. The more the merrier and I agree that Brent has some balls judging by some of his comments over on RCW

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, before scottb took over on RCW, brent was a huge source of information and great comments. Now, everywhere I look it's scottb posting...he even has threads where no one responds at all. In fact, he's literally just talking to himself! It's so ridiculous and pethetic, it's funny! :rofl:

Yeah, before scottb took over on RCW, brent was a huge source of information and great comments.  Now, everywhere I look it's scottb posting...he even has threads where no one responds at all.  In fact, he's literally just talking to himself!  It's so ridiculous and pethetic, it's funny!  :rofl:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yea agreed! I think he means well but damn. I like urbanplanet because its informative yet lacks some of the drama over there.

Yea agreed! I think he means well but damn. I like urbanplanet because its informative yet lacks some of the drama over there.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Drama is right! I remember the days when RCW was just like this site: quiet and no drama! All RCW consisted of were a few of us guys who were interested in and got excited about new developments in Richmond (almost any development, we got excited about...I'm still the same), but now it's almost anti-development because there is always someone over there who doesn't agree with the way things come about...usually scottb, which totally ruins the excitment. I agree that developments have to be responsible, but geez...seems like nothing satisfies anyone over there anymore. It's crazy!

By-the-way, I set up a signature for my posts on RCW (one that refers people to here...except scottb :rofl: ), and it doesn't seem to be working. Any advise? I think I did it correctly, but I'm not 100% sure. Anyway, any directions for that would be greatly appreciated (you can PM me for that if you wish). Also, I'm looking for an awesome avatar for this site. I have a geocities/yahoo web page I could host it on, but I understand that they won't let you do that...question is, where do you host your avatar? Thanks in advance.

Yea, now I would be opposed to certain things but most of the stuff going on in Richmond now I don't have a problem with. There is a lot of historic preservation going on as well as new development. You can't please everyone though no matter how hard you try. Just glad that we can all carry a positive conversation over here!

I like Cadeho's avitar (or whatever those things are called). If it is the Richmond City flag, it beats the Hell out of the one I've seen all my life. I wish Cadeho would personally obtain an actual banner and run down to the foot of 5th street and hoist it on one of those 3 flag poles at the canal. Those naked poles drive me nuts! Has anybody EVER seen any flags adorning them?

Yea Cadeho's avatar is the Richmond City Flag. Like I said over there, it rivals some of the top state and possibly national flags around IMO. In fact I think it has even won an award recently. I know for a fact it isn't flown enough. It's beautiful and I wish it adorned more flag poles in the city. It should damn well be on one of the poles near the canal walk. That empty fountain drives me nuts.

I host my avatar on photobucket and import it here. Could you do something like that?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, I actually just made my own avatar and uploaded it on this site and it works just fine (meaning that this site will host your avatar - something I didn't realize until I added my avatar - cool feature). Thanks!

Edited by eandslee

Yeah, I actually just made my own avatar and uploaded it on this site and it works just fine (meaning that this site will host your avatar - something I didn't realize until I added my avatar - cool feature).  Thanks!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It will also host other attachments and files once you reach members plus status. :thumbsup: