New Orleans Development Thread

NCB

I can't wait to see this happen. The Riverfront should be utilized more, it is the city's "staple".

Yea, if this project goes through as planned, it will be fantastic for New Orleans. It could simply be a great, fun, and interesting area to live, work, and play.

trump finally added the new orleans tower ot his website of future developments. must be getting pretty close to the preselling

I know pre-sales were supposed to start at the begining of May, maybe May 1st. Do you have a link to his website? I can't seem to find the one I want, there are way to many websites that involve Donald Trump! ;)

Do you have a link to his website? I can't seem to find the one I want, there are way to many websites that involve Donald Trump! ;)

Nevermind, I found it. I had been searching for "Trump Developments" and I was just getting stuff like Trump University, and that sort of stuff.

Here is the link to the New Orleans Tower:

http://www.trump.com/main.htm

After the intro, click "property portfolio" then "future developments" and then "New Orleans."

Plaza Tower Overhaul

Height: 47 storeys; 531 feet

Use: Condo's, retail

Current Tower(Left side of picture)

26.jpg

Completed Tower After Complete Renovation

pmain35.jpg

That is sweet! I never new about this! This building used to be an office tower right? How long has it been vacant?

That is sweet! I never new about this! This building used to be an office tower right? How long has it been vacant?

Yea, I think it's a fantastic project! For more info on the project, along with more models and renderings, check out This Thread

BTW, companies started leaving the Plaza Tower in 2001, and has been completely vacant since 2002 after asbestos and toxic mold were found throughought the building.

Thanks for the website Nate. WOW ! New Orleans building it's tallest tower sends a statement to the rest of the nation and world for that matter.

He has some really impressive Future Developments. Chicago and Toronto's look to hover in the clouds. I really like Tampa's design. It is a key into turning their downtown. But what's-up with Dubai UAE ? I really like some of the ultra-modern architecture they have going on and being the fastest growing city in the world. But it looks like a roach hatching out of it's shell.

I like Harrah's hotel; it's the perfect height at 26-floors. I like the design, and the roof looks interesting too.

I am glad to see Plaza Tower being made-over.

Edited by richyb83

But what's-up with Dubai UAE ? I really like some of the ultra-modern architecture they have going on and being the fastest growing city in the world. But it looks like a roach hatching out of it's shell.

Yea, I've never been a big fan of that design. I've always thought it just looked like a giant bug.

The original developer, Edward Giannasca Jr. is taking the backseat on this project. Two New York developers, Glenn Rushton and Robert Katz, will be running the show. The design has changed. The original needlepoint, multiledged, futuristic design has been scrapped with a cleaner glass-and-steel building now.

The new facade will be gold tinted wall-to-wall glass with maroon steel.

the picture they had of it in the times picayune was maroon, i didnt like it much

I had just started liking the new design more than the first design pictured in the TP, but I'm looking forward to seeing what the new developer has in store for the tower.

Well, I was bored today, and decided to try something I'd never really put much thought into. Taking a picture of the New Orleans skyline, opening in paint, and putting in a tall box about the size and around the location of Trump Tower, and seeing what it does to the skyline. It's nothing fancy, as it's just a black and white box representing the tower, but you can see what another major tower could to the skyline. Anyway, here are the pictures:

The New Orleans skyline with a 700 foot tall Trump Tower, which is the height according to Emporis. Though considering that most luxury condo towers have ceiling heights of 10-12 feet, with space between floors for congrete and plumbing, and the hotel and retail sections of the tower, I think it will be taller than that.

NewOrleansSkylinewithTrumpTower.jpg

The New Orleans skyline with a 750-800+ foot tall Trump Tower, which I think the actual height will be closer too.

NewOrleansSkylinewithtallTrumpTower.jpg

And here is New Orleans with a Los Angeles/New York City twist! Hey, a guy can dream can't he!? :P

NewOrleansSkylinewitheverything.jpg

Also, the location of the tower I believe would be a bit more to the left and behind One Shell Square from that angle, but it's in the vicinity in that picture.

I'm also planning on editing some pictures showing the skyline from different angles, and putting Trump Tower, along with some of the other towers coming to the city, into the skyline.:thumbsup:

You got skillz' Nate. Great idea drawing(painting) Trump Tower in the CBD ! Nothing wrong with a little imagination giving the Skyline a world premeir look. That's what I would like to do with the high-rises coming to downtown BR. Somehow illustrate on the computer for all to see. Just using modeling clay on the nice map of BR with the added high-rises to the present skyline really did wonders for the city.

Keep-up the good work !

Edited by richyb83

You got skillz' Nate. Great idea drawing(painting) Trump Tower in the CBD ! Nothing wrong with a little imagination giving the Skyline a world premeir look. That's what I would like to do with the high-rises coming to downtown BR. Somehow illustrate on the computer for all to see. Just using modeling clay on the nice map of BR with the added high-rises to the present skyline really did wonders for the city.

Keep-up the good work !

Thanks, Ricky! Have you ever thought about using Paint to add some of the towers coming to Baton Rouge to the skyline? It's very easy, and even if you can't get the actual design of a building in there that easily, you can do what I did with N.O., and just put in a box about the size of the building it represents and see how it affects the skyline. :thumbsup:

And here is a view of the skyline from the Crescent City Connection at sunset, with a box representing Trump Tower fitted in. Though from this view, Trump Tower would be a bit more to the left, and partially behind One Shell Square.

skylinenightwithtrumptower9ki.jpg