±

ARCHIVE: Downtown Orlando Master List

5,272 posts in this topic

Posted

Palmetto could really turn into a pedestrian mall focused on restaurant space.

Good idea. Then that triangle could turn into a pocket park for residents and the homeless couple that used to camp out in the courtyard of the buidling that used to be at that corner. :) When I drive that curve on Rosalind, I sometimes think how cool the street wall effect would be if there were buildings on both sides as you approach the courthouse. What's the history of the screwy street grid in that part of downtown anyway? I guess there needed to be a corresponding street to Orange Ave. that went the entire N/S length of downtown, but Rosalind's curvy connector to Magnolia clearly bisects what would have been another desireable block to build a tower.

Posted

Rosalind and N. Magnolia should be covered to a two-way street.

Posted

Rosalind and N. Magnolia should be covered to a two-way street.

Hah! It practically is judging from the number of oncoming cars that turn the wrong way out of the 7-Eleven at Colonial and N. Magnolia. I don't know if it's the wide lanes, inadequate striping or the lack of curbside parking to give clues that it's a one-way street, but I encounter confused drivers all the time.

Posted

GAI Building July Aerials:

2010-07-01-1.jpg

2010-07-01-2.jpg

2010-07-01-3.jpg

Posted

GAI Building July Aerials:

2010-07-01-1.jpg

2010-07-01-2.jpg

2010-07-01-3.jpg

That's looking nice.

It's been a few weeks since I've been out there. I'll try to walk over this weekend and get some good closeups!

Posted (edited)

Edited by prahaboheme

Posted

How sweet would it be for this to come to fruition along with some sort of development on the old Pizzuti lot (and possibly City Place)? We'd have a major hub of activity centered around the Lynx Central Station and a proper Midtown Orlando. And it's Arquitectonica! Finally!

100wlivingston5qz.jpg

I was digging back through some of the earlier posts -- this is one of the many that I wish had come to realization, especially now with the Gertrude's Walk restoration and the commuter rail running through this area. Too bad many of these projects never broke ground.

Posted

That would be my favorite building in Downtown Orlando if it ever came to be.

Posted

I was digging back through some of the earlier posts -- this is one of the many that I wish had come to realization, especially now with the Gertrude's Walk restoration and the commuter rail running through this area. Too bad many of these projects never broke ground.

That building would of been a wonderful addition to the downtown landscape.

Does anybody know and/or have pictures of what is going to become of the old OUC building? I heard it was going to become a boutique hotel, probably in the same vein as Grand Bohemian.

Posted

What does KEL stand for on the Dynatech Building?

Posted

Kaufman, Englett and Lynd. They are a law firm.

Posted (edited)

Kaufman, Englett and Lynd. They are a law firm.

Yeah, I think they're the type of law firm that advertises during episodes of Maury, Jerry Springer, and Cheaters...not that there's anything wrong with that.

Edited by palmtree73

Posted

What does KEL stand for on the Dynatech Building?

KEL leases about 20,000 sq ft on the 15th floor of "One Eleven", fka Dynetech Building.

Posted

Any new developments in downtown Orlando?

Posted

Hey guys, can I get a list of all proposed/under construction in downtown. I wanna make a rendering. Thanks!

Posted

Thanks a lot bud! Going to start working on a rendering.

Posted

Years ago, I remember some guys were making google 3d buildings that you could load on google earth. Not sure if it was this forum or another. That would be awesome now with the resurgence of projects

Posted

Hey Steve, yes that is what I am currently working on :D

Posted

I once started making a vast 3D model of downtown Orlando in Minecraft but got distracted after it took me like 12 hours to build a single 10 floor structure to scale.

My time management skills are very questionable.

2 people like this

Posted

I'm That Florida Dude lol

A Star Is Born!  :shades:

1 person likes this