Sparkle City Eateries

Spartan

I cannot agree with you about The Beacon. It disgusts me to even think about my experience there. I'm surprised people actually are proud to have it in town. :sick:

Having not been to Spartanburg more than once or twice a week before November (now here almost every day), many places have yet to be explored. At present, I'd say that Monsoon Noodle House is my overall favorite. I also like Sonny's Brick Oven Pizza. :thumbsup:

Love the beacon, but one of my top favorites remains Yanni's... its a great value and consistently good food.

The new Mutts BBQ is also most excellent, you must check it out if you havent yet... i dont think that many people have discovered it since its hidden over here in the pinewood shopping center

Skyliner, the numbr of people who don't like the Beacon is very small I think :) That place is a tradition.

I do like Sonny's though. Great pizza there. I am also a fan of Venus Pie. Their pizza is a great value, and usually just one of those massive slices will fill me up.

I like Mutts as well. It is in an odd location up there. But then, I find that whole shopping center to be odd.

Sparkle City has some pretty good Mexican joints as well. I like Mexico Lindo over on Fernwood-Glendale, as well as the Corona's on McCravey Dr. The Broncos in Cedar Springs is also good.

all of the mentioned places are great.. except I am not thrilled with Mutt's.

I think my all-time favorite place in Spartanburg has to be the Peddler Steakhouse. anyone else??? Stefano's was also a great place unil the owner killed himself a few months back. I hear the family has no plans to open back up.

Ah the Peddler. That is a great place. I was also a fan of Canyon's before it closed. It was the only place with outdoor seating like that. I have yet to go to this new place- Pranza. I hear its pretty good Tuscan food though.

That was a shame about the chef at Stefanos.

Ah the Peddler. That is a great place. I was also a fan of Canyon's before it closed. It was the only place with outdoor seating like that. I have yet to go to this new place- Pranza. I hear its pretty good Tuscan food though.

That was a shame about the chef at Stefanos.

Oldie but goodie- New China on Main Street. Family owned for over 20 years. Havent found any better in 7 years in Philly (with a great China town). Also the sushi restaurant on Morgan Square (?Morgan Sushi Group?).

Hats off to Yanni's also!

Monsoon's is one of my favorites downtown, but I go by Sandella's a lot also for lunch.

The As You Like It Cafe is a favorite of my wife, and Ribalt Street Eatery has some great lunch items and bakery as well.

If you want a great burger, go to Ike's corner grill.

For Italian, I like The Italian Pie over in the the Dorman center.

And it is hard to beat the Peddler or City Range for a great steak. (since Morton's isn't around here)

I went to the peddler when I was in high school and felt out of place, but then again I wasn't expecting it to be that nice. The food was great though...

taco dawg's another great value

Spartanburg needs another java jive-- i realize thats dead on topic but i went to some nice places in germany that were like java jive but nicer, and spartanburg needs one... anyone wanna open it with me?

Java Jive was very popualar.... to bad that guy didnt pay his taxes. I think that anyone who could open up something similar downtown would do very well. I would invest if i had that capital to do so, but being a poor college student has its downsides.

I am a fan of Sandella's, though I am not in town during lunch time very much.

I have heard that Nga's over on St John St is pretty good stuff. Mediterranean style food.

i miss papa sam's, i also enjoyed quiznos subs and broncos alot also. I miss a good sub, have yet to find a sub place down here. must be an american thing. :P.

Papa Sams (well, the Breakfast Nook) is still there. Its rather enjoyable.

Subs are a problem here. I'd like to see a Beezer's in town somewhere. Or Jersey Mikes. Both are good stuff.

Papa Sams (well, the Breakfast Nook) is still there. Its rather enjoyable.

Subs are a problem here. I'd like to see a Beezer's in town somewhere. Or Jersey Mikes. Both are good stuff.

yea, jersey mikes would be great. i could see one being built in the westgate area. their buffalo chicken sub is to die for.

Me too. We don't even have as many of that national chains as Anderson, which truely baffles me. (Olive Garden, Fazoli's, Texas Road House, Carrabas, and Chili's to name a few) I have heard that Olive Garden is looking to locate in the area though.

One of my theories is that its because we have two 'sub-markets' The Eastside/Hillcrest area, and the Westside area. The splits up where people will go. That is the only thing I can come up with. I think any of those restaurants would do well in the area.

I think that the old Best Buy & Lowes locations would make an excellent restaurant row being righ tthere at 26. (like Pehlam & 85)

I have heard that Aloha is pretty good, though I have not been myself.

I know someone who was going to put a Jersey Mikes in the Summitt Pointe development, but things never progressed with the developer. Kind of the same thing with the Marble Slab. I think the whole area with the Spartan 16 theaters, City Range and Chandi's could become a restaurant row. I also feel that the developer would benefit by going ahead and annexing all that property into the city to allow for Sunday alcohol sales.

Firehouse subs are starting to pop up, but I haven't tried one yet. How about you guys?

A Logan's would be nice also.

Edited by hub-city

I hear Firehouse is pretty good. I have been meaning ot go to the one here in Clemson, but I have yet to go.

I am a big fan of Uncle Poon's for Chinese.

That whole SUmmit Pointe things confuses me. They claimed that it was going to be a great thing, but development has been insanely slow. Its been at least a year since the new theater opened, and we have only seen a handfull of reastaurants open in that strip nearer to Westgate, and City Range. Thats it.

I have heard that Marble Slab still will open in that site if they can ever get it going. I still think it should go downtown though. Anyone know how the one in Hillcrest is doing?

I also think that as those businesses/ restaurants locate there, they will annex into the city simply so they can sell alcohol on Sundays- just like City Range did. Perhaps that is what they are waiting on? I have no idea.

firehouse subs is really good. i eat at the one in anderson all the time. I think that a stadium seat theater would work well in either the old harris teeter location or build it on top of the carmike theater at hillcrest. there's way too much parking lot in that shopping center anyway.