Film Production in New Orleans

brodieseyes

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is not about an upcoming movie, but I did see Failure to Launch last night and was going to ask... was part of it made in New Orleans? I believe it was supposed to look like the northeastern US, and the skyline they showed at the beginning of the movie wasn't New Orleans, but at one point one of the actors was holding a CC's Coffee cup and the baseball game they went to in the movie appeared to be the Zephyrs. Just a couple of observations I made which made me think it was filmed partly in New Orleans.

This is not about an upcoming movie, but I did see Failure to Launch last night and was going to ask... was part of it made in New Orleans? I believe it was supposed to look like the northeastern US, and the skyline they showed at the beginning of the movie wasn't New Orleans, but at one point one of the actors was holding a CC's Coffee cup and the baseball game they went to in the movie appeared to be the Zephyrs. Just a couple of observations I made which made me think it was filmed partly in New Orleans.

It wouldnt suprise me. Zephyrs Stadium has been the setting of many baseball games in movies in recent years. :thumbsup:

Also I wanted to add that the new FX television series "Thief" which premiers this week, was entirely filmed, set, and produced in New Orleans. It also looks pretty cool and has an interesting plot, so check it out if you can! :D

Also I wanted to add that the new FX television series "Thief" which premiers this week, was entirely filmed, set, and produced in New Orleans. It also looks pretty cool and has an interesting plot, so check it out if you can! :D

A little of it was actually made in Shreveport, too, after Katrina forced it north for a couple of months of filming. Look for scenes where the police cars don't look like the New Orleans police cars (red, white and blue emblems rather than just blue and white) and those should be some of the scenes shot here. I'll be watching since it is a New Orleans-based show, but I'll also be looking to see if I can tell where Shreveport fills in for New Orleans.

It looks like it'll be a cool series, and I'm a fan of Andre Braugher.

yea its true.. my firend had gone to a zephers game the same day that they were filming failure to launch there, so he got to be an extra and get free food and stuff

I knew it! I knew that was a Zephyrs shirt I saw, even though it was only shown for a split second. And CC's coffee is a Louisiana company... maybe even New Orleans based... so when I saw that AND the Zephyrs shirt, I had a feeling it was partly filmed in the Big Easy.

A little of it was actually made in Shreveport, too, after Katrina forced it north for a couple of months of filming. Look for scenes where the police cars don't look like the New Orleans police cars (red, white and blue emblems rather than just blue and white) and those should be some of the scenes shot here. I'll be watching since it is a New Orleans-based show, but I'll also be looking to see if I can tell where Shreveport fills in for New Orleans.

It looks like it'll be a cool series, and I'm a fan of Andre Braugher.

When's it on? I want to catch it.

And CC's coffee is a Louisiana company... maybe even New Orleans based... so when I saw that AND the Zephyrs shirt, I had a feeling it was partly filmed in the Big Easy.

Yep, CC's is based in New Orleans. :D

When's it on? I want to catch it.

The commercial that was run on Fox just said that it was premiering this week, no specific day. If I can get a set date I'll let everyone know. :D

Yep, CC's is based in New Orleans. :D

The commercial that was run on Fox just said that it was premiering this week, no specific day. If I can get a set date I'll let everyone know. :D

The first episode will air tonight at 9:00 PM (10:00 pm eastern) on FX. I tried posting this last night, but my home computer totally sucks.

I enjoyed watching the first episode. You could see in that episode where Shreveport filled in for New Orleans. I recently read an article about the house where Andre Braugher's character was living in the show. It's a house in the south Highlands area, and now its value has gone up. Not that a house in that area would have a problem with value anyway. Also, the swamp scene where they shot that guy in the head was filmed in the town I live in... Haughton. That was filmed at Lake Bistineau, about 10 minutes south of my house.

I enjoyed watching the first episode. You could see in that episode where Shreveport filled in for New Orleans. I recently read an article about the house where Andre Braugher's character was living in the show. It's a house in the south Highlands area, and now its value has gone up. Not that a house in that area would have a problem with value anyway. Also, the swamp scene where they shot that guy in the head was filmed in the town I live in... Haughton. That was filmed at Lake Bistineau, about 10 minutes south of my house.

Thanks for the info, supkof! I had a feeling that alot of the scenes were filmed in Shreveport, but I wasn't aware that the swamp scene was shot there as well.

I actually wasn't expecting the New Orleans shots to be post-Katrina, I was just expecting there to be a few pre-Katrina shots since it was the first episode.

I really like the plot of the series, as well as the actors. If anyone else was able to check out the show, what did you think?

Hey Nate... do you remember this church from when one of my photo expeditions around downtown Shreveport? I don't know if you noticed it, but near the beginning of last night's episode of Thief they showed it. You could tell it was the same church from the inside as well. You could see that large round window on the inside front wall.

131790451.jpg

Damn, I forgot all about Thief last night!

If they show a re-run, I'll definately check it out, and try to spot the church!

I actually forgot about it as well, but last night my dog hurt his leg really bad and we had to take him all the way to Shreveport to the all-night animal hospital. When we got back home, it was after 9:00 and I saw the 'record' light on my DVR was on. I turned it on, and there was Thief... so I watched it. It's a great series. Oh, and sometime later this week, they should air the epispode again. FX always airs their shows multiple times throughout the week.

Oh, and sometime later this week, they should air the epispode again. FX always airs their shows multiple times throughout the week.

Good to know! I'll definately try to check it out if I can find out when it comes on again.

• 11 months later...

Archived