Which North American city has the highest percentage of Interracial couples?

Rwarky

Which North American city has the highest percentage of Interracial couples?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Which North American city has the highest percentage of Interracial couples?

• Atlanta
    • Toronto
    • Los Angeles
    • Houston
    • Montreal
    • NYC
    • San Francisco
    • Dallas
    • Calgary
    • Seattle
    • Vancouver
    • Washington, D.C.
    • Miami
    • Chicago

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Although, technically its not in North America as of 2003 marriages among Hawaii's civilian population were like 61% interracial and 58.4% of all births were interracial. It has the highest percentage and one of the highest in raw numbers of mixed raced people in the United States. In 2000 nearly a quarter of the states population was of mixed race and i think that is true for every racial category too.... like Asian, White, Blacks, Pacific Islander, American Indian or Other. Of course that would also mean that Honolulu's is at least a quarter mixed race and atleast 50%+ percent of all couples are interracial since it makes up most of the states population. Honolulu and Hawaii in general never had the sort of racial problems or history of segregation that most states or cities in the U.S. experienced so there's a very long history of mixing. I've known people that were Madagascan (Malagasy), French, Hawaiian to Cuban, Samoan, Hawaiian to Pakistani, Filipino, Irish and Puerto Rican to cousins that are Cape Verdean, Italian, Portuguese and Hawaiian and all points in between. You could probably find nearly every possible combination there is haha. Just try asking someone from Hawaii... Hey what race or nationality are you? and they will probably run down a list as long as the UN haha. :D No joke! People always seem to assume that if you are from Hawaii that you must be Hawaiian or part Hawaiian but man its so much more complex than that. The thing i like most about it, is that you get some really exotic looking people and most seem to retain and blend certain things about each culture into the mainstream lifestyle, its truly amazing. :)

I don't think there is a reliable statistic for the number of interracial couples (emphasize reliable), you would have to look at the percentage of mixed race people to get any kind of reliable answer. Also, I think most people when they think of "interracial" they think of white and black, and that mix is probably the most challenging, whereas white and hispanic or asian or whatever is more accpeted, even if less common.

Archived