±

Pete Hollis Gateway

215 posts in this topic

Posted

It's a dialysis center.

How underwhelming.

Posted

:shok: What!? A dialysis Center. That is a shame.

Posted

Not if you're on dialysis.

Posted

KDD

:shok: What!? A dialysis Center. That is a shame.

KDS Properties...once a joke always a joke.

Posted

Not if you're on dialysis.

^ That would make since. Good for the people. Bad for the area.

Posted

City council met on the 17th to decide whether to buy two properties in the Viola St. TIF and demolish/clear the property. Just under $1mm was the amount involved.

The properties are already under contract.

My guess this is the shopping centerat Pete Hollis and Mulberry. Just a guess though.

http://www.greenvillesc.gov/CouncilAgendas/minutes/2013/JUNE/Formal/6-17-2013/Item3a-Appropriation%20for%20Acquisition%20of%20Property%20on%20Pete%20Hollis%20Blvd.pdf

Does anyone know more?

Posted

City council met on the 17th to decide whether to buy two properties in the Viola St. TIF and demolish/clear the property. Just under $1mm was the amount involved.

The properties are already under contract.

My guess this is the shopping centerat Pete Hollis and Mulberry. Just a guess though.

http://www.greenvillesc.gov/CouncilAgendas/minutes/2013/JUNE/Formal/6-17-2013/Item3a-Appropriation%20for%20Acquisition%20of%20Property%20on%20Pete%20Hollis%20Blvd.pdf

Does anyone know more?

Yes, its the Green facade shopping mall. The structure will be torn down and the city will look for a developer to build a mixed used complex. That, along with narrowing Pete Hollis is in the Master Plan for the gateway.

Posted

Thanks for the confirmation.

I'd love to see Pete Hollis narrowed, but getting SCDOT to go along will not be easy.  

Posted

Thanks for the confirmation.

I'd love to see Pete Hollis narrowed, but getting SCDOT to go along will not be easy.

Hopefully they can. If church street can do it successfully, then there's no reason in my mind that Pete Hollis should stay that wide.

Posted

It's too bad the Dialysis Center property wasn't incorporated into these plans. 

Posted

They have started demolishing the strip center that the City of Greenville bought next to the new Dialysis Center.  Hopefully this will develop into something major for the area.

Posted

They have started demolishing the strip center that the City of Greenville bought next to the new Dialysis Center.  Hopefully this will develop into something major for the area.

Nothing but debris left. The Dialysis Center did not take the entire site that was originally available either.  The remainder is for sale.

Posted

Look out for some possible future developement of the property on the Northwest corner of Stone Ave and Pete Hollis. Little birdie said it may be residendial.

Posted

Look out for some possible future developement of the property on the Northwest corner of Stone Ave and Pete Hollis. Little birdie said it may be residendial.

Did the birdie say it was single family or attached townhouses, or something multi-family/multi-story?  Any mention of rental or For Sale?

Posted

All I know is that its residential. Thats all I know. I'm pretty sure more details will come in due time. And usually when I hear about these kinds of things they are usually spot on. Just keep you ears open.

Posted

Not sure if this is the best place to put this, but there's a new development on this side of town. A Printshop co-op for artists just opened its doors across from Greenville Lofts on Smythe street. My husband is one of the founders and they're running a Kickstarter to raise the last piece of funding they need.

GSA story is here: http://www.gsabusiness.com/news/51673-printshop-launches-kickstarter-campaign

Kickstarter link is here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1156313250/the-printshop?ref=home_location

I think this will be a really nice resource for local artists!

1 person likes this

Posted

I believe they are still operating.  I drive by there often, and nothing looks any different, although it never was a 'beehive' of activity.  I expect the buyer would give them a year or so to move.

http://upstatebusinessjournal.com/news/highland-homes-targets-david-street-redevelopment/

I knew this was going on, but had no idea it was this many lots (20).   

Posted (edited)

I believe they are still operating.  I drive by there often, and nothing looks any different, although it never was a 'beehive' of activity.  I expect the buyer would give them a year or so to move.

http://upstatebusinessjournal.com/news/highland-homes-targets-david-street-redevelopment/

I knew this was going on, but had no idea it was this many lots (20).   

They have been thinking about selling their property, Cline that is, for about a year or so. I once lived in the Viola Community literally behind their property on Buncombe and had to deal with the owner. So I ended up knowing them really well. But this was inevitable. With how the property is hemmed in on both sides of the street they were not able to ship and receive properly. And with them having space available already on Edwards Road, that made the decision even easier.  As for the old Gene's restaurant property, everyone should have seen that coming. When Mr. Sphinx couldn't get his gas station he just gave up.

Edited by MAJIKMAN

Posted

This is going to be an excellent opportunity for a developer and that area to extend downtown past Heritage Green. That's if its done right.  

Posted

http://upstatebusinessjournal.com/news/listed-buncombe-street-properties/

This could be really big. Glad to see this.

This area has been quiet for a long while. Hopefully something starts up.

This really has a lot of potential! Hopefully someone will grab it all and master plan a strong and worthy gateway to the core.

Posted

Remember that the City plans on narrowing Pete Hollis in the future to help more development and even owns the lot North of these sites. 

Posted

It was a huge waste of money to widen Pete Hollis to 7 lanes. Five is a gracious plenty.  That can't happen soon enough but I doubt it will happen soon or easily. 

Posted

This is going to be an excellent opportunity for a developer and that area to extend downtown past Heritage Green. That's if its done right.  

Now that the Cline property is on the market, now would be a good time to consider what if anything might make a good addition to Heritage Green.  The campus could simply jump Atwood Street.  One thing would be to relocate the War Museum that is currently at Main and Academy.   It is so isolated where it is and there would be an obvious synergy with the other museums.   Also, a Veterans Memorial could be included with it on the new site.  

What other things that might make a good addition to Heritage Green?