Baton Rouge Photo of the Day

byrde

Very cool 9-11 memorial!! Seeing this pic and the one from Lafayette makes me want to go take pics of ours. I hate to say it, but I completely forget about it. Shreveport didn't build one, but Bossier did. The reason I forget about it is, it's at the Bossier Municipal Complex (City Hall, etc,) and that's not downtown but rather in an odd location.

Thanks for the pics, byrde. :)

Cool pics. Since this place has a hotel attached, I'm assuming it's not on the LSU campus, or am I wrong?

Honestly, I don't know if the area where the hotel is located is the property of LSU. You have to drive through the campus to get to it. It is along the area where the frat and sorority houses are located.

State Police Headquarters

63412956-M.jpg

Wow, our State Police Dept has one of the nicest-looking office buildings in the state. I've never seen it before, and it looks cool. Beats their little "Troop G" office here! :D

The Arkansas State Police headquarters in Little Rock is a nice-looking building as well.

By the way, thanks for the info on the hotel thing. Now I know where to stay if I wanna hang out where the sorority girls are! :rofl:

Yes.

Thanks... I just wasn't familiar with the lake. Of course I'm really not very familiar with Baton Rouge, though I'd like to spend a little time down there. Maybe next time I go to New Orleans I can spend a little time driving around B.R. I'm only really familiar with the areas right off the interstates, like the Siegen Lane area near SuperTarget for example.

Nice pic Nate ! Very familiar too, that's the Amite River Bridge. Actually just a couple hundred yards to the right in that pic is a fork in the river. That's were the smaller Comite River meets the Amite. The Amite's source is somewhee not too far north of Liberty MS, and goes all the way down to Lake Maurapaus. Amite River serves as a natural boundry between EBR and Livingston Parishes. To the north East Feliciana and St.Helena; and Ascsension(Livingston) to the south. The Amite had severe floods in 77' and 83' when I was a kid.

Nice pic Nate ! Very familiar too, that's the Amite River Bridge. Actually just a couple hundred yards to the right in that pic is a fork in the river. That's were the smaller Comite River meets the Amite. The Amite's source is somewhee not too far north of Liberty MS, and goes all the way down to Lake Maurapaus. Amite River serves as a natural boundry between EBR and Livingston Parishes. To the north East Feliciana and St.Helena; and Ascsension(Livingston) to the south. The Amite had severe floods in 77' and 83' when I was a kid.

Thanks, Richy!

Ahh, you know I was thinking it was the Amite River, but I wasn't sure.