Baton Rouge Photo of the Day

byrde

Those night time pics are phenomenal Antrell!  You must have a special camera....

Back to the bland day time pics lol...took these from a top the BRCC Parking garage...came away a bit disappointed getting a view of the skyline ...This is another reason I started  the Topic "Does BR Need a NEW 2nd Tallest?" thread.....would have been better to get on the roof-top of the 4-story building that was blocking the view

Don't get confused with box on top of building...State Capitol(right)...Chase Tower (left of trees)..One American Place(visible btwn trees/behind building)...can't see the north Chase Tower

photo DSCN1281_zpsnmkb5mf2.jpg

This shows BOTH Chase Towers...but NOT One American Place (hiding behind trees/building)

photo DSCN1279_zpse63qc0qr.jpg

Surprisingly when looking toward the south..above the roof tops of BRCC is the Marriott (BR's Tallest hotel; College Dr @ I-10) btwn the trees...a few miles away

photo DSCN1278_zpsfobbjvly.jpg

Edited by richyb83
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, richyb83 said:

Very creative MrBernham...thanks for sharing :thumbsup:  Could you imagine if BR's downtown was more geographically in the center? instead of the far west edge along the river....

Hopefully BR will one day have a skyline that stretches along the river, works in to midcity, and then has outlying skylines surrounding it in the Health District, Denham, Central, Zachary, and Gonzales. 

Edited by mr. bernham
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/23/2015 at 2:07 AM, mr. bernham said:

Hopefully BR will one day have a skyline that stretches along the river, works in to midcity, and then has outlying skylines surrounding it in the Health District, Denham, Central, Zachary, and Gonzales. 

Downtown's resurgence is driving up real estate prices in the area.  It's happening, and judging from the IBM development, it's happening in a very high quality way.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, cajun said:

Downtown's resurgence is driving up real estate prices in the area.  It's happening, and judging from the IBM development, it's happening in a very high quality way.

I sure hope so. I wonder what will go in that building shell across from the Hilton? I think an upscale giftshop boutique with sports memorabilia and cafe would be neat.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, dan326 said:

I sure hope so. I wonder what will go in that building shell across from the Hilton? I think an upscale giftshop boutique with sports memorabilia and cafe would be neat.

I was actually kind of hoping that Walk On's Half Court concept would give that location a try.  It seems ideal for offices on the upper level (such as Walk On Enterprises) and a 80-90 seat restaurant/bar on the lower level.   

Unfortunately I don't think Lafayette Street has the value of 3rd street for businesses like that, and the cost of construction appears to be significant.  Space is much tighter on 3rd street.  

Edited by cajun

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry to hear about your troubles Richy! There's definitely a lot of glitches. Maybe try a different browser. I mostly post from my phone and depending on the day I may have to use Chrome, Opera, or Dolphin. It might be the same with desktop browers. Also try clearing your internet cache, I had a different but similar problem caused by old cache once. 

PS. I read coconut oil can help with memory problems caused by old age. I posted a recipe in the Coffee House thread.

Thanks Dan...tried a few other things first... & Thanks for the advice with my Dad....wonder how much damage is irreversable? Dementia is such a weird disease

Also had a nice pic taken on my phone from October..from West upper-deck of Tiger Stadium of the Downtown Skyline & massive University House(a.k.a, The Standard)...was unable to transfer to my computer & lost pic when phone was updating...pretty mad at myself....so i posted these bland pics in its place

DSCN1302_zpsqeo1glzj.jpg

DSCN1301_zpsdtr6mvnz.jpg

Edited by richyb83

• 3 weeks later...

The reflection of BR's 3rd Tallest building Chase(south) Tower at the 12-story II City Plaza....

About 97% occupied...II City Plaza added 260,000 Class A office space  back in 09' ...(it had been 20 years since Riverside North/Chase Tower "Class A" had been built downtown)...Originally slated to be 16 floors with office tower on top of parking garage...however post-Katrina construction material prices were jacked up causing $sticker $hock kept it only 12....it's a nice addition to the CBD..but still the building is more "Horizontal" than "Vertical"

DSCN1337_zpsfrv9ingm.jpg

Edited by richyb83
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...