Richmond Coffee House

JWCJ

Today The Mayor and other runners of the city showed the city its new up coming Hotel and condo mix the new Hilton. How do you think after this and other developments he and the counsil have approved, their doing their jobs (Good, Ok, Needs help, of Poor). I made this because some people and Richmond Hate him and some love him.

(Please don't turn this into a fighting forum. Thank You.)

• 2 weeks later...

I can't believe the Mayor may be running the Braves out of Town!

He should, like i said before, gone with there original Idea for a ballpark in Shockoe Bottom, which needs it alot, Traffic down there wouldn't have been as bad as he thought because of the Highways and freeways that go throw downtown. What do y'all think? I think he's a good mayor, he just doesn't think in the long run!

• 3 weeks later...

Well lets see.

I think Wilder is doing what Wilder does best, as the city needs it he seems to be getting it fairly straight.

1. I think the Theater project never should have been with the first group. They seemed way to occupied with an agenda of their own. It is a city type complex and if the city would have had to bail them out, then the city needed to keep the fire on the feet. ( Not saying that the city is always going for the best outcome)

2. Parking I would like to see addressed in a big way. No one at the Mayors office will bother to return calls or emails about the situation and as of late I have suffered the dress-down from the police when I ask for the poloce to take care of a preposted area at our building. Again the Mayors office is not replying to any messages.

3. I like the idea of the Broad / Belvedere improvments but have to wonder what 18 mil for parking would have done for downtown visitors.

4. Ok so parking is my current agenda.

• 2 weeks later...

There is a need for parking, but I'm sick and tired of stand alone parking decks. From now on, it should be mandated that any new decks be underground, have street front pedestrian activities, be integrated into a larger tower project, or all of the above.

I found the protest and 'bus boycott' today to be amusing. It's amazing that some people find the city administration racist towards minorities when the majority of the administration consists of minorities. I'm tired of the excuses and I'm glad Wilder won't put up with the status crappy quo anymore. Hate him for his personality or his way of interfering in certain projects, but hopefully we can all respect him for refusing to allow poor performance to hide behind race and gender any longer in this town. It's tough love and it's making some people angry, but it's time for change. It's time to quit making excuses blaming others and accepting mediocrity. Thank God.

• 2 months later...

Housing sales across the land are dropping, according to a story in today's RTD.

In Virginia, the following list is representative of the drop in home sales:

Fredericksburg area - down 29.69%

Northern Virginia area - down 27.75%

Lynchburg area - down 5.84%

Charlottesville area - down 2.01%

Greater Hampton Roads - down 1.55%

Roanoke area - down 1.53%

Richmond area - down 0.44%

The Capital City Region appears to be holding its own.

Edited by burt

Housing sales across the land are dropping, according to a story in today's RTD.

In Virginia, the following list is representative of the drop in home sales:

Fredericksburg area - down 29.69%

Northern Virginia area - down 27.75%

Lynchburg area - down 5.84%

Charlottesville area - down 2.01%

Greater Hampton Roads - down 1.55%

Roanoke area - down 1.53%

The Capital City Region appears to be holding its own.

This is merely a correction to normal levels from the white hot levels we have been experiencing lately. Those areas that had the hottest markets of course experienced the biggest drops. None of the areas is really in trouble though.

Burt...

I think you misread the table:

Richmond, Roanoke, Charlottesville, and Lynchburg all reported increases in home sales.

Richmond up .44%

Roanoke up 1.53%

Charlottesville up 2.01%

Lynchburg up 5.84%

There was no minus [ - ] before the percentages for those and others.***

No he read them right, those were actual "home sales drops" as opposed to "home sale prices" which continue to rise. The ones without minuses are of course increases, but modest increases at that. As I said, it's just market normalization and not really the housing bubble that others have feared (or the media has tried to play it up to be).

Virginia took a hit primarily in the crescent area from Northern Virginia to Hampton Roads, the Virginia Association of Realtors has said.

Despite slower statewide sales, prices in Virginia continued to rise.

The Virginia Beach-Norfolk-Newport News area recorded the third-largest price gain -- 23.6 percent -- among U.S. metro markets for the second quarter, according to the Realtors' association.

link

No, the ones I listed did not experience drops in the number of homes sold.

For example, Richmond:

Burt said:

copy and pasted from the side box:

21. Richmond area / 0.44%
That shows that home sales rose by .44%...Burt had said that they fell by .44%. Home prices rose in Richmond by 14.6%

VIRGINIA HOME SALES DROP 15%

In the first half of the year, sales of new and existing homes fell in 10 regions compared with the same period last year, particularly in Northern Virginia

1. Blue Ridge / -25.14%

2. Bristol / N/A

3. Charlottesville area / 2.01%

4. Chesapeake Bay & Rivers / 21.15%

5. Dan River region / 0.79%

6. Dulles area / -34.45%

7. Eastern Shore / 4.83%

8. Fredericksburg area / -29.69%

9. Greater Augusta / 9.02%

10. Greater Hampton Roads / -1.55%

11. Greater Piedmont area / -31.72%

12. Harrisonburg/Rockingham / -0.71%

13. Lexington/Buena Vista / -11.46%

14. Lynchburg / 5.84%

15. Martinsville/Henry County / 7.62%

16. Massanutten / -28.44%

17. New River Valley / 7.33%

18. Northern Neck / N/A

19. Northern Virginia / -27.75%

20. Prince William / -39.94%

21. Richmond area / 0.44%

22. Roanoke Valley / 1.53%

23. South Central / 0.00%

24. Southside Virginia / N/A

25. Southwest Virginia / 14.44%

26. Virginia Peninsula / N/A

27. Williamsburg / 6.96%

SOURCE: Virginia Association of Realtors

The number of homes sold did fall in ten regions in the state, but Richmond, Lynchburg, Charlottesville, and Roanoke were not one of the ten.

I don't mean to make a big deal out of it! :) I just didn't read it the same way Burt typed it! No offense I hope!

Virginia is #1!! :yahoo: according to Forbes, good news and even better PR. :thumbsup:

From the RTD

Virginia rated top state for business

'There's not even a close second' in the Forbes.com rankings

"Add up a smart labor force, low costs, good regulatory environment and a great quality of life and you get Virginia," reads the online version of Forbes, a national business magazine.

Edited by Merrittk92

Virginia is #1!! :yahoo: according to Forbes, good news and even better PR. :thumbsup:

From the RTD

Virginia rated top state for business

'There's not even a close second' in the Forbes.com rankings

"Add up a smart labor force, low costs, good regulatory environment and a great quality of life and you get Virginia," reads the online version of Forbes, a national business magazine.

This was already posted in the main forum. :thumbsup: