In 25 years, which city's skyline do you think your's will resemble?

krazeeboi

Actually, I think it might only take 10-15 years for Atlanta to start resembling present-day Houston. In 25 years though, I wouldn't be surprised to see Atlanta beginning to resemble Chicago, seriously--if the gaps between downtown, midtown, and Buckhead get filled in.

True.But those are some seriously big Gaps. But heck it could happen. :)

A2

Edited by A2

The entire Houston skyline

HPIM0647.jpg

^Photo courtesy of farhan007 over at SSC.

I've seen this and similar photos posted on other sites, but I just can't get enough of them. The fence in the foreground is a bit annoying, but the multiple skylines are just awesome. Houston, in general, is just awesome.

I've seen this and similar photos posted on other sites, but I just can't get enough of them. The fence in the foreground is a bit annoying, but the multiple skylines are just awesome. Houston, in general, is just awesome.

Same here, Houston's skyline is my 3rd favorite in the country, and the city itself is my favorite in the South outside of New Orleans. :D

I really dont want to see downtown Houston looking any different. Maybe a new signature tower, but it would have to be 85 floors minimum to really be noticed. I think downtown will fill in with smaller 20-40 floor high rises inside "the box".

There will probably be apartments and offices along Main Street following the light rail. Also I think that places like The Woodlands and Citywest will become larger. Uptown might fill in and become the same size as Downtown but with residential towers instead of offices.

Also a new Clear Lake skyline will pop up 20-25 miles southeast of Downtown as there is a ~30 floor tower UC there right now and more planned/proposed. bust this will be mostly hotels and condos.

Wow ! No Skyline in the South can compare to Houston's ! As far as the U.S. goes, only NYC and Chicago rank ahead of them .

As of now, Baton Rouge doesn't have much of a Skyline. Being located 75 miles from New Orleans seemed to stunt the growth of the Capitol-City Skyline. But that will change, and it will not be 25 years from now. When driving in BR on a major hwy. over-pass (about 7 or 8 miles from the CBD) four high-rises are easily visible. In five years or less that number will almost double to at least 7 high-rises easily visible from miles away. Three high-rise towers are set to begin construction in 06'. 30-story RiverPlace, 20-story City Plaza II, and 19-story Laurel Tower. And a nice New 10+story Courthouse too.

I can't really compare it to another city just yet.

Edited by richyb83

I've always thought Baltimore & Norfolk have some uncanny similarities, especially when comparing Inner Harbor & Waterside

I'm glad someone else mentioned this. The inner harbor and Waterside have near identical designs. I can far more see Norfolk looking like B'more than any other city.

Because Richmond and Baltimore have density in common moreso than Baltimore and Norfolk, it seems that once Richmond adds some more height, it will really come to resemble Baltimore, but I could also see Norfolk bearing a resemblance as well.

Maybe Norfolk will come to actually look more like Milwaukee perhaps:

006_Milwaukee_Skyline.jpg

MilwaukeeSkylineMarch2005_ezr.jpg

Most of those gaps in Atlanta's skyline that everyone always complains of are located in areas of high growth. It's only a matter of time before the gaps are filled. Then Atlanta will have one contiguous skyline of downtown, midtown, buckhead, and perimeter center. That will make the skyline a lot more like Chicago's. I think it's great that Atlanta hasn't developed like Dallas or Charlotte around a cluster.

which Southern State would have the best collective of Skylines in the next 25 years?

1. Texas (easily)

2. Florida

3. North Carolina

4. Tennessee

This is pretty much how it stands now, and I don't think that order will change in 25 years.

If we're including Atlanta's multiple skylines here, I'd place Georgia either after Florida or North Carolina.

Edited by krazeeboi

1. Texas (easily)

2. Florida

3. North Carolina

4. Tennessee

This is pretty much how it stands now, and I don't think that order will change in 25 years.

If we're including Atlanta's multiple skylines here, I'd place it either after Florida or North Carolina.

I think your 100% right with that list.