210 Trade | EpiCentre

monsoon

I have really enjoyed reading the different comments on the residential towers in Charlotte. I am the lead developer of 210 Trade and we at Flaherty and Collins look forward to being a part of the Charlotte community with the introduction of our tower. It is our desire to develop a building that is sleek and contemporary with timeless architectual appeal that the city of Charlotte will be proud of. I look forward to reading additional comments as the building comes out of the ground.

I have really enjoyed reading the different comments on the residential towers in Charlotte. I am the lead developer of 210 Trade and we at Flaherty and Collins look forward to being a part of the Charlotte community with the introduction of our tower. It is our desire to develop a building that is sleek and contemporary with timeless architectual appeal that the city of Charlotte will be proud of. I look forward to reading additional comments as the building comes out of the ground.

Is it possible for you to let us know if the potential movie theatre is still go or not? It seems to be up for debate on this forum and nobody really seems to have a definate answer as of yet.

From the street level rendering at the top of the building there is a very large fin above the penthouse level. However, on the newest 3D rendering looking down on the tower it looks there is no fin. Is this an optical illusion or is just one of the renderings not correct. I personally think the building looks better with the fin.

One http://www.210Trade.com, check out the Amenities page. There are two unenlargeable renderings. The one on the bottom shows the pool deck. We haven't seen that side recently, especially not since they changed up a bit. Is it just odd perspective, or do you think they obtained airrights over the rail corridor. It looks almost like the building under the pool deck extends over one of the rail line a bit.

Somehow, I doubt they actually did this, but it actually seems like it would be a great idea. It is pretty much like what the Hilton did a few blocks away.

Any opinions?

Yeah, it does appear to be built over the tracks. The portion of the tower base beside where the train is in that pic is flush with the tracks, then that pool section juts out further, so even though the pic is cut off (right where we don't want it to be), it does look like it hangs over.

Yeah, it does appear to be built over the tracks. The portion of the tower base beside where the train is in that pic is flush with the tracks, then that pool section juts out further, so even though the pic is cut off (right where we don't want it to be), it does look like it hangs over.

:shok: Lights back on at 3:26am. Man, they are serious about hustling.

I like the new web site...but if you click on the tower it goes up to 48 floors - nothing to get freaked out about but still not 53 floors... :(

It is 48 story residential, 4 story office, and 1 story lobby: 48+4+1=53

Man, someone needs to paint a really brightly colored, funky mural on that wall of the Omni right across College from the Epicenter. Not only would it look awesome, it couldn't cost that much, and would be suitable to add to the vibe of the "entertainment" district. I'd volunteer to do it myself if someone pays for the paint. :shades: At a minimum they could just paint each "block" a different color, like a tv without a program broadcasting.

Edited by tiblerbrit

I just wish they'd remove some of the precase concrete panels and add a small retailer to the ground floor, most easily at the corner of Trade and College and the corner of 4th and College. If you go behind the wall, it is just two or three spaces by 4th, and a few more by Trade. Surely retail rent would be better than 5-10 parking spaces.

My favorite (not really) is how they paint the sidewalk black around the Charlotte Plaza/Grant Thorton building. Who came up with that bright idea? Was faux asphalt ever considered aesthetically pleasing?

College Street is actually the closest thing that I can think of in Charlotte to match the "Concrete Jungle" stereotype. It doesn't really have any memorable plantlife. I think the streetscape could be improved dramatically just by adding a planting strip.

But the lack of street retail also hurts the pedestrian environment, as everything is monolithic and, well, fairly ugly.

College Street from the Hearst tower northwards isn't so bad, but I agree starting from Founders Hall and going South, it is a pretty dismal trek from a people's perspective. I was looking at that webcam for 210 Trade today and one thing that I noted was the complete lack of any pedestrian activity on any of the surrounding streets.

NCNB, First Union and several others really did a number on the street life of the city when they built all their towers.

I like the variety of restaurants in Hearst at the street level: Blue Restaurant and Bar, Pita Pita, and Fuel Pizza (and that Oriental joint). Nice mix, guaranteed to bring a variety of people around.

I know there has to be some plans further up College, past Coyote Ugly up towards Comedy Zone. Some of those parcels are screaming for development.

I like the variety of restaurants in Hearst at the street level: Blue Restaurant and Bar, Pita Pita, and Fuel Pizza (and that Oriental joint). Nice mix, guaranteed to bring a variety of people around.

I know there has to be some plans further up College, past Coyote Ugly up towards Comedy Zone. Some of those parcels are screaming for development.

You are so right. For so long Charlotte tried to build an artificial entertainment zone, I'm so glad it failed, because an organic one along College Street came along over time that actually has diversity and soul. There could be some great human-scale development along that area over the next few years.