COMPLETE: The Old Public Safety Surface Lot

• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It could actually be quite a bit more than that as the entire site has two levels of underground parking and before the parking was only in certain parts of the building. The new tower has no parking in it at all, it's all in the lowrise portion or below grade.

My problem was the facade material, I have no idea what it was and what I could see from across the room, it looked horrid, it even looked like there may be no facade and the parking decks were just open! :shok: After the trouncing they got last month over the Fogart I can't imagine that's the case though.

In other news, the first facade panel over the Westin garage was up when I walked to work this moring. I really like it, I can't understand why they can't just walk over it and see how it is being done right on a building that they actually own.

Is it possible that the tower portion is whats 180' meaning itd be 180' on top of the low rise portion?

For comparison purposes, how many sq ft is G-tech?

While im dissapointed if it goes lower...it would still be a prominant addition of office space in the city which is a huge plus. Also TPG really insnt in the office building business, (mostly just hotels) so perhaps they are a little timid.

I would not start jumping on anything about height or scaled down talk yet. The render was still of a 22 floor large building that between the retail, parking and office took up the entire block and it looks a heck of a lot better than the bluebox render seen above.

Perhaps some mistakes of information along with some changes in parking but I don't remember once remember them or the design review board talking about anything scaled down.

I think the public outcry argument is just a way of saying "we don't really see the demand to fill this entire building," which doesn't seem that unreasonable to me. What is their timeframe here? Basically they will ahve to figure out how to attract business here (or to the BCBS buildings already there if BCBS is their tenant) before the Jewelry district, which should have cheaper rates, comes online.

I'm questioning the height/# of floors thing too. The old design was 300 feet with 22 stories - that equates to 13+ feet per floor - seems to high to me. Maybe that was 22 stories on top of the 522 spaces that got it up to 300 feet.

The new design if for 22 stories at 180 feet, which is 8+ feet per story - sounds more accurate to me there - so perhaps it's now 180 feet (22 stories) above the parking/base levels?????

I'm questioning the height/# of floors thing too. The old design was 300 feet with 22 stories - that equates to 13+ feet per floor - seems to high to me. Maybe that was 22 stories on top of the 522 spaces that got it up to 300 feet.

The new design if for 22 stories at 180 feet, which is 8+ feet per story - sounds more accurate to me there - so perhaps it's now 180 feet (22 stories) above the parking/base levels?????

8 feet is not nearly enough for a floor. 8 feet is barely enough for a house, and that assumes that no ductwork goes through the ceilings. 11 feet is pretty typical for a building, where there are typically drop ceilings, and even then are still about ten feet high. When was the last time you were in an office or condo tower and had the ceiling only a couple feet above your head?

I would not start jumping on anything about height or scaled down talk yet. The render was still of a 22 floor large building that between the retail, parking and office took up the entire block and it looks a heck of a lot better than the bluebox render seen above.

Perhaps some mistakes of information along with some changes in parking but I don't remember once remember them or the design review board talking about anything scaled down.

Archived