COMPLETE: The Old Public Safety Surface Lot

• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply

eab-rendering-2006-1211-001.jpg

^ Hilton top center, library bottom center, LaSalle Square/BCBS right.

eab-rendering-2006-1211-002.jpg

^ Upper image, Empire Street left, Green Street right.

^ Lower image, Fountain Street left, Broadway right.

eab-rendering-2006-1211-003.jpg

^ View from Atwells/Broadway circular gas staion site.

eab-rendering-2006-1211-004.jpg

^ View from Civic Center Parking garage next to Trinity Brewhouse, LaSalle Square in the foreground.

eab-rendering-2006-1211-005.jpg

^ View from Regency, Green Street in running across frame.

eab-rendering-2006-1211-006.jpg

^ View from roof of the Dunk.

eab-rendering-2006-1211-007.jpg

^ View from air above Empire Street, Fountain Street runs off to the left.

eab-rendering-2006-1211-008.jpg

^ View from roof of library, LaSalle Square on right, Green Street/Regency to the left.

Counting the floors, I get 15.

I wouldn't say I like it but it's a hell of a lot better than G-Tech. The reconfiguration of the street is sorely needed there and it looks like this building's layout would certainly help. I didn't see where the comfort station would fit in...and what the hell is going to be put in all that retail space? We can't even fill up the space we have.... <_<

The comfort station would go in LaSalle Square if it is moved, not on this site. As for the retail, this is slated to be complete in 2010, let's say 2011 for arguments sake, we'll have a lot more residents Downcity by then, there should be more demand for retail. They'll also likely have at least one retail spot with a larger footprint to support something like a grocery store, or Staples, or something.

i like it. i wish it were taller, but there's nothing we can really do about that now. another stepback to push it up another 2-3 floors would be nice, but this isn't bad.

i wonder if the park on top of the garage would be public or just for the offices. it'd be pretty cool if it were public.

I think the glass will be blue, but it won't be a big sheet of blue glass, they are proposing a composite like the stauxn* detail on the Westin to run up the sides and around the windows. At places though the stone will give way and strips of glass will run all the way up to enhance the verticality.

*stauxn = faux+stone

I think it's VERY uninspired (not to say that it's entirely ugly though). I'm keeping in mind that this is still early in the game but I'm starting to fear that this sight is doomed to come up short. I'm very glad that they added another element to save us from a tall all-glasser but it still looks like a glass box but with "stauxn" (I like that word already) trying to hide as much of it as possible. It's a shame, this is too vital a location for substandard architecture. I'm also terribly disappointed about the reduction in height too, I thought it was just right before. 2 cents.

I wouldn't say I like it but it's a hell of a lot better than G-Tech. The reconfiguration of the street is sorely needed there and it looks like this building's layout would certainly help. I didn't see where the comfort station would fit in...and what the hell is going to be put in all that retail space? We can't even fill up the space we have.... <_<

Archived