COMPLETE: The Old Public Safety Surface Lot

• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In December of 2005, the demo of the buildings on the site of where 110 Westminster was supposed to be built occured. The site still sits vacant 20 months later, presumably due to a combination of financing challenges and redesign of the project. In September of 2005, the old Travellers Aid building was demolished in order to build Grant's Block. The site sits vacant 2 years later for reasons that I am not totally clear on. If the average person was taking note of recent history, I think it would understandable to assume that they would have no reason to believe that the same would not occur here.

Agreed agreed. What do they say about the best laid plans? I have a fear that this will become more ugly surface parking... Paolino took down the Gulf station and the Trolley Barn for parking with "the intent" to build there eventually. How many other surface parking lots have come into being that we are too young to remember?

Photos here by the way (starts at 35): Police and Fire Station on ArtInRuins

• 2 weeks later...

actually, one of the things i never understood is how they could drive those on top of piles of debris. you'd think that in at least some of the cases, the pile wouldn't be completely stable and eventually give way and cause something like that to happen.

Archived