The Tennessee State Museum on the Mall

The African American Museum on the Mall

The Tennessee State Archives and Library on the Mall

Hume Fogg H.S. Gym

Rolling Mill Hills Phase II and III

Lionstone Group Project @ the Roundabout and Demonbreun

Proposed 1 or 2 new CC HQ hotels 100 million minimum

John Hayes proposed 10 story tower on Poston

State St. Medical Center office building (project may be dead)

Federal Courthouse 110 million dollar project on Church St 11 stories

URBAN_1_400-corner-b.jpg

11th and Church Tony Giarratana project Unknown height but will more than likely be several towers

The Encore Phase II 12 to 20 stories

Possible tower at foot of Shelby Street Bridge Rumored for Bass, Berry, Sims

Renaissance Hotel Possible 31 story hotel addition

The Chesterfield Condos

I will continue to add renderings as i can. I may have to add an additional post from time to time.

Below is a rendering of the HG Hill Lifestyle center mentioned in the first post.

8Hill-Center-Rendering.jpg

The Gulch master retail plan. This has not been updated for a while, but gives us an idea of the size of the Gulch project.

gulch.jpg

Edited by smeagolsfree
  • Like 1

That's quite a list. Thanks for putting it together.

I was surprised to see that Stahlman was going condo too. I remember when they announced the conversion (at first) the developers said it would be "market rate" apartments.

I had not heard that. Do you have it on good authority, because I find it hard to believe.

"That's quite a list. Thanks for putting it together.

I was surprised to see that Stahlman was going condo too. I remember when they announced the conversion (at first) the developers said it would be "market rate" apartments."

It may be apartments. I had such a huge list to work with, I may have a boo boo here and there. There is so much going on that it is very hard to keep track of it all.

Edited by smeagolsfree

I had not heard that. Do you have it on good authority, because I find it hard to believe.

Living 200 miles away, I don't have much on good authority. I usually put that disclaimer in my posts. However, I seem to remember that the apartment angle was what made the Stahlman project unique (that and the use of the CH parking garage).

Impressive list. It will be interesting to watch it change and grow.

BTW, I checked on the Stahlman. They now have a site up, and it appears that they are still leasing rather than selling.

Stahlman

Great news. At least there is one good size apartment building in the DT area being converted instead of all to condos. Thanks for the update.

That is good news. I was reading over the application, their terms seem unduly harsh. Like, you better be damned sure you're gonna move in or you're out $550 to $750 just for the application. Anywho, great job on the projects list Smeagols, its great to have all those renderings in one place. Thanks.

Went downtown at lunch today. Couldn't help myself. Gorgeous day. Top down. 88.1 on the radio. People everywhere. What a nice break it was.

Observations.

The Hampton site has its tower crane. Yes, it's very large.

The Schemerhorn has trees! Nice, beautiful, full trees! I can't stand it. This building is stunning.

The Courthouse Plaza project is getting some of the coolest seating I've ever seen for public space. I'd seen the benches on the 3rd Avenue side, but I saw some new ones, elevated metallic with attached seats...whoa. Too cool.

The impact of the trees at the Symphony Center is amazing. The courthouse should be even more dramatic. folks, we've got some good-lookin' stuff coming online.

..and, we haven't even really gotten started yet. How cool is that?

FYI - The Utopia Hotel rehab is a no-go indefinately. I know parking was a problem, and possibly the rehab cost itself. It's too bad.. the model unit they had looked really nice.

Thats a shame. The Utopia building is one of the neatest buildings down town. I heard the announcement but never has any follow up. I will still hold out for this to be done at some point. If not residential then maybe something else.

Thats a shame. The Utopia building is one of the neatest buildings down town. I heard the announcement but never has any follow up. I will still hold out for this to be done at some point. If not residential then maybe something else.

I agree. It's one of Nashville's best buildings. If the project is ever revived I'll seriously consider buying a unit.