Project Thread/New Construction/Photo du jour/Const. CAMs

smeagolsfree

I like height for an awesome skyline (especially in areas that aren't in the established "skyline", which is why height limits frustrate me). But Germantown is starting to look like a really nice urban but not downtown neighborhood. I love the mix of modern architecture and more classic like Luxus and Gramercy along with old buildings that got rejuvenated which makes the whole neighborhood interesting and diverse.

It looks like there are some developments which have retail, or office space on the street level and apartments above. That might help take some cars off the road. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Philip said:

I like height for an awesome skyline (especially in areas that aren't in the established "skyline", which is why height limits frustrate me). But Germantown is starting to look like a really nice urban but not downtown neighborhood. I love the mix of modern architecture and more classic like Luxus and Gramercy along with old buildings that got rejuvenated which makes the whole neighborhood interesting and diverse.

It looks like there are some developments which have retail, or office space on the street level and apartments above. That might help take some cars off the road. 

Yep...I wouldn't mind if Germantown stayed on its own growth pattern without any "talls."  But like Smeagols....I'd love to see a couple 700-900' buildings in the CBD/SoBro/Gulch area to push our "glass ceiling."   Other than that...I like the way we're moving.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, titanhog said:

Yep...I wouldn't mind if Germantown stayed on its own growth pattern without any "talls."  But like Smeagols....I'd love to see a couple 700-900' buildings in the CBD/SoBro/Gulch area to push our "glass ceiling."   Other than that...I like the way we're moving.

Another place like that is the area behind Centennial Park where Opus 29 and 31 are. There can be quieter neighborhoods like that that are still "urban" but Gulch, Midtown and Sobro can be skyscrapered out for all I care.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Philip said:

Query: is the Regions Bank apartment project on 21st Ave and Wedgewood dead? I didn't see it in the list of projects.

https://www.nashvillepost.com/news/2015/9/17/groundbreaking_looms_for_mixed_use_hillsboro_village_project

There's the link and Village 21 at Regions Park is what it was called.

The portable building that will house the bank during construction has been moved on site, so it appears to be moving forward.

• Like 1

Smeagols,

Amazing work! I don't know how you can keep up and it is a pleasure to be able to look at such an astounding list. One thing I noticed for your next go round. In East Nashville, you mentioned Highland Heights Flats (u.c.) as well as 731 Douglas (proposed). These projects are the same thing. One is just the official name, the other being its physical address.  It's the one that had the recent arson destroy one unit, but the project is still in full swing. 

Edited by nashvillwill
  • Like 3

East Nashville is always a problem for me as I just don't know the area very well. If you guys see a boo boo, send me an email,including this one. All of these list get me confused  more times than not..

Thanks for keeping me straight.

Also the project at 21st and Wedgewood is on the list but not the right place. I am just a little lazy and will hopefully get I will get it changed soon. 

1 hour ago, smeagolsfree said:

East Nashville is always a problem for me as I just don't know the area very well. If you guys see a boo boo, send me an email,including this one. All of these list get me confused  more times than not..

Thanks for keeping me straight.

Also the project at 21st and Wedgewood is on the list but not the right place. I am just a little lazy and will hopefully get I will get it changed soon. 

No need to sweat it. It's amazing that you even did it and I'm grateful.