CONSTRUCTION THREAD: 98 East McBee

g-man430

Seeing as how we had no part in the decision to build this eyesore, we certainly have the right to complain all we want to.  Just a thought.

Well, did you email the DRB with your thoughts on this project before they approved it?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, did you email the DRB with your thoughts on this project before they approved it?

No, I did not.  I didn't think they would base their decision on the opinion of someone who doesn't live in the City of Greenville, and therefore doesn't pay taxes in the City of Greenville.

Six out of eight studio, 24 out of 36 one-bedroom, and three out of 11 two-bedroom apartment units is what remains available.

Two studios remain.  16 1 BR remain and NO 2 Br. units remain.  

Very strong numbers considering these are the highest rents in DT, if not the whole city. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'd be fascinated to see demographics on who's renting here (we call it "The Peacock Inn & Suites," btw).  They really must be the highest rents downtown, unless they're cutting some case-by-case deals. Rents posted are for 1st floor units, and increase by floor from there. Plus, monthly parking in the Spring St. garage is mandatory for the term of the (yearly-only) lease.  And power, water & AT&T/Uverse are all paid by the renter. 

Bottom line, I'm in similar -- honestly, better -- space DT and it's way more than my mortgage.

I'd be fascinated to see demographics on who's renting here (we call it "The Peacock Inn & Suites," btw). 

"I'm not really a nuclear engineer, I just rented a place at The Peacock".  LOL

The lobby will have a do it yourself waffle iron in the shape of the state of SC and all the cinnamon buns you can eat!

This is one happening development!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived