Belk at Phipps?!?

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^^Exactly. That's exactly how the Parisian's sign at Arbor Place looks, only the tarp thing does a better job of concealing the "Belk's" (but at that point, we're just splitting hairs).

That picture reminds me, I still haven't forgiven Macy's for taking over Rich's. :angry::angry:

I wonder what is taking them so long to change over the sign at Phipps. It's still Parisian. I also noticed that Belk...I still can't believe it....will not have as great of an exposure as I initially thought. It will not be visible from Peachtree at all. You can see it from Phipps Blvd but not from GA 400. If you are paying close attention to where Phipps Plaza is located, you might see it once you exit GA400 and are heading eastbound if you look immediately to your left before you get to the light. Maybe that's why Simon left them there....noone will see them anyway. Just kidding guys, lol.

I wonder what is taking them so long to change over the sign at Phipps. It's still Parisian. I also noticed that Belk...I still can't believe it....will not have as great of an exposure as I initially thought. It will not be visible from Peachtree at all. You can see it from Phipps Blvd but not from GA 400. If you are paying close attention to where Phipps Plaza is located, you might see it once you exit GA400 and are heading eastbound if you look immediately to your left before you get to the light. Maybe that's why Simon left them there....noone will see them anyway. Just kidding guys, lol.

I wouldn't be so sure of that. I don't care to shop at Belk myself in Winston-Salem but I must say their flagship Charlotte store is extremely nice and carries all the brands that are worthy of being seen in Phipps. I don't think Belk would carry low-end merchandise in one of the wealthiest sophisticated shopping centers in the South just out of spite.

I wouldn't be so sure of that. I don't care to shop at Belk myself in Winston-Salem but I must say their flagship Charlotte store is extremely nice and carries all the brands that are worthy of being seen in Phipps. I don't Belk would carry low-end merchandise in one of the wealthiest sophisticated shopping centers in the South just out of spite.

i don't see what the big deal is..... the Belk at southpark is imo better than Macy's at Lenox they carry items like theory, stuart weitzman, oscar de la renta, etc. and you don't get the feeling you are in the wal-mart version of department stores. its just a little smaller and no specific men's store. Plus a large percentage of customers at phipps and lenox are tourists with not so deep wallets. And no matter how wealthy anyone is, we all like a good sale....and Belks has plenty of them the only difference being that they advertise them more than Bloomingdales or Saks. I would prefer if Lord and Taylor returned to Phipps (they have cleaned up their image) but carrying a Belks bag is not the end of the world, I've seen people at Neiman Marcus ask for bigger bags just for show :P. I wouldn't give up so easily

• 1 month later...
From what I saw, it was fresh yet elegant and definitely high end fashion. I compared it to Nordstrom's fall look, which I received today and I would pick Belk over Nordstrom. Nordstrom was featuring shoes that Victoria Beckham wore LAST year.

I loved loved loved the new jacket shapes.

Thanks for the positive comments.

Sad to say, Nordstrom is usually a season behind on things. They've been trying to up their high-fashion angle of late, but it's still a very conservative store. Belk is conservative, too, but tends to pull off some surprisingly contemporary merchandise in its larger stores.

Archived