Which Local Car Dealer Has The Most Annoying Ads?

Batou

I feel sorry for that dog in those ads with the couple holding those stupid cardbord signs. She asks all fake while trying to keep the dog still and the dog looks so miserable from having to be shown off like he is (I think they even named him Mr. Toyota?!).

Also I like to give an extra rant to other local ads for stuff like bluecross/bluesheld of nc, northcarolinacarcredit.com, stupid lawyers, and places that give you money advance via holding your check or giving you somekinda loan. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR @ them.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't really seen any of these ads thanks to the power of DVR. It makes TV bearable. :)

I agree and mostly am the same but love watching NFL and it ain't the same unless it is live for me. The BAM idiot is all over sports channels. Just once I'd love to see him fall off that pick up truck...I'd be yelling BAM then

My favorite all time local car commercial has to be the old ones with bill elliot (the NASCAR driver who is known as "awesome bill from Dawsonville"). I forget which dealership it was for, but it was definitely budget! You could barely hear the voices over the loud humm of the microphones from the JVC camcorder they got at walmart. The funniest part about the commercial was at the end Bill elliot said that they "crushed" the competition (while crushing a canned drink). Then there was a slight pause (almost as if the the guy forgets his lines), and a "hey that's awesome bill" comes out from someone standing in the back. I laughed my @ss off every time I saw it. I think this was early 90's (and periodically i saw it again in the late 90's).

But as of current ones, i would have to agree with the "weeeeee're heealin" credit of apple auto sales. I laugh everytime

Harrelson Ford. HA! I love that ackward pause too.

THAITS AWESUM BILL!

:rofl:

Anyone heard this one? "North Carolina Car Credit dot com...North Carolina Car Credit dot com...North Carolina Car Credit dot com...(ad nauseum...)". Drives me up the wall just like the "Head On" commercials do.

In terms of car dealership commercials, the Harrellson Nissan guy is by far the most annoying, but the "Drive a mile and save a pile" guy isn't far behind.

I also find it amusing that East Charlotte Nissan is using Jolene's breasts to sell cars, but Town and Country Ford airbrushed the bulge of their computer generated "Price Buster" (it even made the news...people were offended by his "manliness"). When you have to digitally conceal the endowment of a computer animated spokesperson, yet the endowments of a real live person are made overtly apparent, what is the world coming to? Where would Laura Croft be without the imaginations of frustrated geeks?

• 4 weeks later...
oh, yeah... your talking about "jolene". i have a theory about her.... i don't think those ads are filmed in charlotte. i get a feeling they are filmed in a studio somewhere else. it wouldn't suprise me if all "jolene" did all day was do ads for various nissan dealerships (or other companys). they never show anything in their commercials that would place them in charlotte other than say "east charlotte of nissan".

i don't know this for sure, but it's a suspicion i've had for awhile. if any of you have any info that would clear this mystery up for me... it would welcomed.

You are correct, her name is Jolene Youngster and she is based in Fla. and does most of her ads from there, primarily for a Jeep dealership. the person that said she was Miss Kentucky at one time is also correct. The year was 2000 and she went on to be the runner-up in the Miss USA pageant the same year. Also from what I have found out she married David Buser MD (OBGYN) in 2002 in Nashville and they reside where he practices in Fla. Here is a link to a dealership "pitchman" site that has a little about her. Hope that clears a few things up on her.

http://www.orlandoweekly.com/features/story.asp?id=3426

PS there is a part on the two that pitch for Toyota of lake norman too, the guy, the gal, the dog & those stupid signs he carries with him

Memory is kinda fuzzy here....but does anyone remember the Monroe car dealership that used the puppets in their ads? The puppets were portrayed as a man & his wife. He called her "punkin"... and they spoke with a thick southern country accent.

I wish I could remember the dealership name. They may not even be around any more. This was one of those early 90's annoying car dealer commercials.

I have to go with KIA of Monroe's radio ads. The worst in the history of the planet. I'm not in the market for a new car, but if I were I would intentionally stay the hell away from KIA of Monroe because of that ad. And I'd probably call them and tell them just that. :P

Okay, Donal Craig Suzuki is pretty bad, too. Why do all these people have to yell to sell cars? I don't get it.

• 2 months later...

I thought about this thread the other day as I watched the East Charlotte Nissan ad. The spokesmodel is so odd looking. Even though my partner and I have seen it umpteen times we still have to comment each time its shown. From the voice to the looks...she's just odd. I cant think of any other way to describe her. She must be a friend of the owner or something.

Archived